hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Thread: The Expanse [Megathread]

Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post
    God damn cliffhanger episodes.

Really, if I like the show I gonna watch the next episode regardless. I don't need a cliffhanger that just lets me stay awake way too long.

Gesendet von meinem D5803 mit Tapatalk
    this is why i binge entire seasons m8

Smuggo
    Just started watching this last night. Damn it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Raine Woot View Post
    Definitely a damn good show. Thanks for necroing and reminding me I'm still waiting til 2018 to see more wiki says they just began filming it 2 months ago. I need me some slow zone and weird alien tech on screen asap.
    New book is out in a couple of months

That should tide you over until the show comes back on again

I'm 2/3 into book three and just bing-watched season 2 (I'm trying to stay ahead of the TV show). Interesting to see how they compress the story in the TV show. Makes for some WTF?!? moments, but I do see why they made that decision. And as the story takes a different turn to achieve the final outcome of the books, it offers some surprise moments / does away with the "Boring, 'cause I know what's coming next".

I'm enjoying both, so far.

The thing is, that's what I like about him as a 'hero'. He bumbles through the books because he has the one skill of being able to make snap decisions, when the other characters can't and he spends most of his off time questioning whether he made the right decision and why it seems to always fall on him to do it.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Phrixus Zephyr View Post
    The thing is, that's what I like about him as a 'hero'. He bumbles through the books because he has the one skill of being able to make snap decisions, when the other characters can't and he spends most of his off time questioning whether he made the right decision and why it seems to always fall on him to do it.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    This is generally how I feel about Holden. We all love a good superhero captain like Mal or Picard, but Holden is more like a manager who you don't hate and generally does a good job without being better than everyone else at everything on top of leading them all. He's just a guy in space who always needs some coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raine Woot View Post
    Definitely a damn good show. Thanks for necroing and reminding me I'm still waiting til 2018 to see more wiki says they just began filming it 2 months ago. I need me some slow zone and weird alien tech on screen asap.

New book is out in a couple of months

That should tide you over until the show comes back on again

Oh fuck yeah, sometimes I'm happily reminded that not all my favorite stories are written at GRRM pace. Thanks!
    Last edited by Raine Woot; September 16 2017 at 11:42:06 PM.