hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3946474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: The Expanse [Megathread]

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    don't kid yourself. it's noodlespeak for all of us.
    I'd rather be poor. Oh wait.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Signed up for Prime again for 99 cents for a week, just to watch season 5 in one sitting.

Still great.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

You should have waited until the 1st week of October so you could snatch a Prime Video Thursday Night NFL game along with it. (7th, Rams vs. Seahawks).

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Only six episodes it seems.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    I think the worst part of last season was how absolutely no one was bothered by Alex's death.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    I think the worst part of last season was how absolutely no one was bothered by Alex's death.
    Alex got written out due to RL issues with the actor, so the whole thing was messy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Only six episodes it seems.
    That's disappointing, it's barely scratched the surface of the effect the protomolecule would have on humanity.

This the last season?

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    This the last season?
    Officially: yes.

But like with every successful show, the producers leave it vague :
    “You know, honestly, that would be more of a question for our studio, for Alcon, says Shankar. “They control the property, but what I will say is that there's definitely more to tell and I'm sure Ty and Daniel would say exactly the same thing. But yeah, that's probably about as much as I can say at this point.”

Can't wait.

Hype!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

First ep is off to a good start for real! Dragged down by the continued terrible acting and writing for the revolutionary son-of-a-hero-and-terrorist/hero.
    But other than that, pretty solid and setting up for quite a good line of stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    First ep is off to a good start for real! Dragged down by the continued terrible acting and writing for the revolutionary son-of-a-hero-and-terrorist/hero.
    But other than that, pretty solid and setting up for quite a good line of stories.
    Agreed. But to be fair, he isn't a very interesting character in the books either. And the actor's isn't up to the task of lifting it up in the series, it seems.

I'm curious how the "Amal is dead" plays out in the TV series compared to the books.

First episode was really good! I could see the increased budget for sure.

Season 5 was a massive disappointment for me. The first few episodes were great, but the second half was so boring. Anything with Marco / Flilip / Naiomi was such a snoozefest.

The final book also came out a couple of weeks ago and was excellent. Here's hoping we see the Laconia trilogy on the screen one day!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Here's hoping we see the Laconia trilogy on the screen one day!
    Well, the girl in the scene befriending these "birds" is Duarte's daughter, if I'm not mistaken. Seeing here in E1 already indicates that the Laconia story arc is weaved into this season.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Well, the girl in the scene befriending these "birds" is Duarte's daughter, if I'm not mistaken. Seeing here in E1 already indicates that the Laconia story arc is weaved into this season.
    No, she's from the in-between novella "Strange Dogs", which was also the title of the first episode. It comes between Babylon's Ashes and Persepolis Rising (so book 6.5). There's also some timeline fuckery going on because that's not supposed to happen for quite a while before the Laconia novels kick off, unless it's meant to be foreshadowing.

TBH I didn't really expect them to get into Laconia at all, because of the timeline jump in the books. Wonder how they'll tie it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    No, she's from the in-between novella "Strange Dogs", which was also the title of the first episode. It comes between Babylon's Ashes and Persepolis Rising (so book 6.5). There's also some timeline fuckery going on because that's not supposed to happen for quite a while before the Laconia novels kick off, unless it's meant to be foreshadowing.

TBH I didn't really expect them to get into Laconia at all, because of the timeline jump in the books. Wonder how they'll tie it all together.
    Yup, we're getting strange dogs and a little bit of Laconia, but nothing more than that.

Both the actors and producers keep dropping little hints in interviews that something else is coming after the show is done, but nothing is announced at present. Well, apart from an Expanse telltale game where you play Drummer, but I'm extremely unhyped about that

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post

Ah, thanks. Didn't read that one.

I wouldn't be too surprised, if they skip the timeline jump somehow. We had previously events happen in parallel in the show that in the books happened a book later, IIRC. What happens at length in the books on Laconia could be compressed in a few couple of scenes in the series, to make room for the end of the Laconia arc. Don't get me wrong: I like how it is done in the books. But these kind of character developments can be shortcutted on screen. E.g. ...

Spoiler:

... the whole science ship exploration stuff could be narrated off-screen or in one depicting scene.

What really irks me though, is the question...

Spoiler:

...if they will kill off (ffs! After all that time and although she's one of my favorites, I still can't remember her name correctly, Google to the rescue!) Avasarala?