hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 172425262728 LastLast

Thread: The Expanse [Megathread]

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Since you can't travel faster than light, a new dimension is the only logical explanation.
    When they go through another gate, they can suddenly see space again.
    Well... we already have FLT comms, missiles and railgun shots.
    wat.
    FTL missiles and railguns in the nuke scene. They literally get this done in under a minute despite 2+ AU travel distances.
    there is a timer on screen that shows how long til the shells hit, also a time delay warning in the comms windows you see at the bottom of the screen

What I appreciate is that the end of this season was noticeably less cliffhanger-y than the first two, with it coinciding with the end of the third book and all. Wouldn't even be terribly mad if Amazon decided to not pick it up.
    All expressed opinions match those of my employers, hail satan

hah

The stuffs to come is so cool, would be madness to stop here.
      Spoiler:
    WAR!

From reddit:

https://gfycat.com/UnsungFancyGoa

I''m a retard can't seem to embed that
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    From reddit:

Don't click unless you want to be spoiled

Spoiler:

Jakes aside, that thing that came flying at his face as he went through the wormhole was one of the aliens that killed the protomolecules masters.

How many crew members will have Rosi now?

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    From reddit:

Don't click unless you want to be spoiled

Spoiler:

Jakes aside, that thing that came flying at his face as he went through the wormhole was one of the aliens that killed the protomolecules masters.
      Spoiler:
    more like one of their toys iirc

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    From reddit:

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    How many crew members will have Rosi now?
    Bobby & Melba

Bobby
    pls no
    god no
    pls
    noooooooooo

Unless there is an acting gulag somewhere bezos can send her to.

also
      Spoiler:
    I don't fully get Melba's motivation. Has she not heard anything about what he father has done? Anyone with a conscience (which she seemed to grow in a span of half an episode) would disown him in an instant.
    Last edited by RazoR; July 4 2018 at 11:47:03 AM.

Bobby
    pls no
    god no
    pls
    noooooooooo

also
      Spoiler:
    I don't fully get Melba's motivation. Has she not heard anything about what he father has done? Anyone with a conscience (which she seemed to grow in a span of half an episode) would disown him in an instant.
    I mean, she's the neurotic daughter of a multi-billionaire, they're not exactly raised in a particularly balanced lifestyle.

Bobby
    pls no
    god no
    pls
    noooooooooo

also
      Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    I think the motivation is in part an attempt to become accepted by her father like her sister. And the second part revenge cause her entire family got "persecuted" all because of Holden. Or something like that, somewhat weak, but ill take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Bobby
    pls no
    god no
    pls
    noooooooooo

also
      Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    I think the motivation is in part an attempt to become accepted by her father like her sister. And the second part revenge cause her entire family got "persecuted" all because of Holden. Or something like that, somewhat weak, but ill take it.
      Spoiler:
    Probably an easier target than going after angry UN granny, Melba would get dissipated in under an hour

related: the show has gotten markedly worse after Avasarala's departure, change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    related: the show has gotten markedly worse after Avasarala's departure, change my mind.
    Avasarala becomes more of a string puller than a hands on character. But that's ok, because Drummer/Micho Pa and Ashford/Bull is a wonderful shashup of 4 relatively boring characters, and I'm interested to see how that plays out.

Spoiler:
    sooo... can someone tell me why they didn't just turn off the reactor, what did they have to lose baring an hour or so? If that didn't work, then go shooty shooty at the ring? Shooting, then missing the ring first? If I was the Gate, I would have just BBQ'ed everybody for the intent.

bad writing is your answer

Spoiler:
    sooo... can someone tell me why they didn't just turn off the reactor, what did they have to lose baring an hour or so? If that didn't work, then go shooty shooty at the ring? Shooting, then missing the ring first? If I was the Gate, I would have just BBQ'ed everybody for the intent.
      Spoiler:
    Ashford is the main motivation in this TVC series, but in the book she's got a little ring of cronies from the religous wing who accompanied them to the Ring origionally, floating around him going full on "wrath of god" and "duty to protect god's creation". He's already supposed to be a bit bonkers and all this slaughter and carnage pushes him off the rational cliff into la la land.

Glad they did what they did with the double episode, it was fucking ace TV, but a bit rushed and you lose a lot of the motivations and nuances.

I'd put money on they knew it could be the last season, so wrapped it up neatly.

Eg there's a single yellow dot on Avalasara's display of ring space showing Medina Station now. No decision to stay... nothing.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
      Spoiler:
      Spoiler:
    Ashford is the main motivation in this TVC series, but in the book she's got a little ring of cronies from the religous wing who accompanied them to the Ring origionally, floating around him going full on "wrath of god" and "duty to protect god's creation". He's already supposed to be a bit bonkers and all this slaughter and carnage pushes him off the rational cliff into la la land.

Glad they did what they did with the double episode, it was fucking ace TV, but a bit rushed and you lose a lot of the motivations and nuances.

I'd put money on they knew it could be the last season, so wrapped it up neatly.

Eg there's a single yellow dot on Avalasara's display of ring space showing Medina Station now. No decision to stay... nothing.
      Spoiler:
    He also didn't believe Holden, rightfully thought him to be full bonkers.

What would you do?
    Follow the rantings of a mad man?
    Or follow the science peoples advice? Race against the clock to save humanity

The real (in-show, not books) answer is that he was told the station would do something explodey, with a timetable. He didnt, in his mind, have enough time to ramp down and back up the power, especially with the dodgy grid all season. And either way, why take the risk just on the word of some guy who sees dead people?

Agreed it´s indeed depicted as two mutually exclusive options. And made some sense tbh.

Just watched the last half of the season, thoroughly enjoyed it. It was really refreshing to not have a giant gaping cliffhanger for a season finale like is typical for TV.
    Avasarala becomes more of a string puller than a hands on character. But that's ok, because Drummer/Micho Pa and Ashford/Bull is a wonderful shashup of 4 relatively boring characters, and I'm interested to see how that plays out.
    I saw Bull moreso in Drummer, what part of his role did they put into Ashford? Granted the memorable part of Bull to me was the mech suit, so maybe I'm forgetting something.