hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 549

Thread: The Expanse [Megathread]

  1. #401
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    9,052
    That was my favorite part too

    Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian

  2. #402
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    That was my favorite part too
    Except that everything else in the ship that wasn't bolted down should have been affected too.

  3. #403

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    6,318
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    And stop slagging on Cibola Burn, it was great for advancing the plot and story
    And interesting engineering solutions wrt railguns.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  4. #404
    Donor Shiodome's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    I am a white male.
    Posts
    5,133
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    That was my favorite part too
    Except that everything else in the ship that wasn't bolted down should have been affected too.
    nope. they also specifically asked why it was behaving weirdly in the 'round table' discussion scene with scientists / speach writer. it is basically 'space magic' but it wasn't a production oversight.

  5. #405
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,863
    Not entirely sure if I'm liking force ghost miller and crazy holden arc, needs more crazy UN granny and politics tbh

  6. #406
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    1,709
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Not entirely sure if I'm liking force ghost miller and crazy holden arc, needs more crazy UN granny and politics tbh
    Sadly, unless they make major changes to the story, Avasarala becomes a minor character for the whole rest of the series. Her arc ended when
      Spoiler:
    Mao gets arrested


    Its possible they add some stuff for her like they did in the first season (Avasarala does not show up until the second book)

  7. #407
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,413
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Not entirely sure if I'm liking force ghost miller and crazy holden arc, needs more crazy UN granny and politics tbh
    It's not a ghost, and Holden isn't seeing things.
    Quite obvious what is going.


    "It reaches out. It reaches out. 113 times a second, it reaches out. But nothing answers"

  8. #408
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,863
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Not entirely sure if I'm liking force ghost miller and crazy holden arc, needs more crazy UN granny and politics tbh
    It's not a ghost, and Holden isn't seeing things.
    Quite obvious what is going.


    "It reaches out. It reaches out. 113 times a second, it reaches out. But nothing answers"
    I'm aware, I just preferred my wording

  9. #409
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,665
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Not entirely sure if I'm liking force ghost miller and crazy holden arc, needs more crazy UN granny and politics tbh
    wasnt the strongest part of the books either. i get what they were trying to do with it, but after the 5th scene of gibberish it got repetitive...

  10. #410
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,609
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    And stop slagging on Cibola Burn, it was great for advancing the plot and story

    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Not entirely sure if I'm liking force ghost miller and crazy holden arc, needs more crazy UN granny and politics tbh
    RIP Expanse.

  11. #411
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    6,247
    Got to episode 3 and am hooked like a hooker on smack
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  12. #412

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    6,318
    S03E08 is lit AF
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  13. #413
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    2,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    That was my favorite part too
    Except that everything else in the ship that wasn't bolted down should have been affected too.
    nope. they also specifically asked why it was behaving weirdly in the 'round table' discussion scene with scientists / speach writer. it is basically 'space magic' but it wasn't a production oversight.
    I seem to remember the books being the same way too; all *inanimate* objects got slowed down upon entering the ring...

    That all said, I've watched the first half of the first episode of the first season and it looked terrible. Like I got to the part where Canterbury does her-end-over-end so she can slow down to rescue Scopuli... and just... yeah. It was bad.

    You guys wanna convince me to give it another go?
    Last edited by Lachesis VII; June 2 2018 at 01:44:32 AM.

  14. #414
    Phrixus Zephyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Queenstown, NZ
    Posts
    3,436
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Not entirely sure if I'm liking force ghost miller and crazy holden arc, needs more crazy UN granny and politics tbh
    wasnt the strongest part of the books either. i get what they were trying to do with it, but after the 5th scene of gibberish it got repetitive...
    It being frustrating was kinda the point.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  15. #415
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    That was my favorite part too
    Except that everything else in the ship that wasn't bolted down should have been affected too.
    nope. they also specifically asked why it was behaving weirdly in the 'round table' discussion scene with scientists / speach writer. it is basically 'space magic' but it wasn't a production oversight.
    I seem to remember the books being the same way too; all *inanimate* objects got slowed down upon entering the ring...

    That all said, I've watched the first half of the first episode of the first season and it looked terrible. Like I got to the part where Canterbury does her-end-over-end so she can slow down to rescue Scopuli... and just... yeah. It was bad.

    You guys wanna convince me to give it another go?
    >I watched the first 20 minutes and didn't like it abloo

    People like you are why weebs have the 3 episode rule before you're allowed to bitch

  16. #416
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    9,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Not entirely sure if I'm liking force ghost miller and crazy holden arc, needs more crazy UN granny and politics tbh
    Sadly, unless they make major changes to the story, Avasarala becomes a minor character for the whole rest of the series. Her arc ended when
      Spoiler:
    Mao gets arrested


    Its possible they add some stuff for her like they did in the first season (Avasarala does not show up until the second book)
    Thank fuck

    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Got to episode 3 and am hooked like a hooker on smack
    Did u use partis?

    Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian

  17. #417
    smuggo
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    That was my favorite part too
    Except that everything else in the ship that wasn't bolted down should have been affected too.
    nope. they also specifically asked why it was behaving weirdly in the 'round table' discussion scene with scientists / speach writer. it is basically 'space magic' but it wasn't a production oversight.
    I seem to remember the books being the same way too; all *inanimate* objects got slowed down upon entering the ring...

    That all said, I've watched the first half of the first episode of the first season and it looked terrible. Like I got to the part where Canterbury does her-end-over-end so she can slow down to rescue Scopuli... and just... yeah. It was bad.

    You guys wanna convince me to give it another go?
    Give it til episode 4.

  18. #418
    Crystalline Entity's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    5,216
    With a couple of exceptions, the first season of a good number of sci fi shows is pretty cringe.

    So getting to "episode 4" before it "gets good" isn't so bad.
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

    Smuggo - Brexit Thread

  19. #419
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    527
    Season 3 is a blast. I just watched Episode 5 and 6 and hot damn what fun. Also the "I am that guy." Moment really had me laughing, predictable as it may of been.

  20. #420
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    9,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Season 3 is a blast. I just watched Episode 5 and 6 and hot damn what fun. Also the "I am that guy." Moment really had me laughing, predictable as it may of been.
    your avatar is having an orgasm it seems

    Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •