hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: The Expanse [Megathread]

That was my favorite part too

Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Except that everything else in the ship that wasn't bolted down should have been affected too.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    And stop slagging on Cibola Burn, it was great for advancing the plot and story
    And interesting engineering solutions wrt railguns.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Except that everything else in the ship that wasn't bolted down should have been affected too.
    nope. they also specifically asked why it was behaving weirdly in the 'round table' discussion scene with scientists / speach writer. it is basically 'space magic' but it wasn't a production oversight.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Not entirely sure if I'm liking force ghost miller and crazy holden arc, needs more crazy UN granny and politics tbh

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Not entirely sure if I'm liking force ghost miller and crazy holden arc, needs more crazy UN granny and politics tbh
    Sadly, unless they make major changes to the story, Avasarala becomes a minor character for the whole rest of the series. Her arc ended when
      Spoiler:
    Mao gets arrested

Its possible they add some stuff for her like they did in the first season (Avasarala does not show up until the second book)

It's not a ghost, and Holden isn't seeing things.
    Quite obvious what is going.

"It reaches out. It reaches out. 113 times a second, it reaches out. But nothing answers"

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    It's not a ghost, and Holden isn't seeing things.
    Quite obvious what is going.

"It reaches out. It reaches out. 113 times a second, it reaches out. But nothing answers"
    I'm aware, I just preferred my wording

wasnt the strongest part of the books either. i get what they were trying to do with it, but after the 5th scene of gibberish it got repetitive...

And stop slagging on Cibola Burn, it was great for advancing the plot and story

RIP Expanse.

Got to episode 3 and am hooked like a hooker on smack
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

S03E08 is lit AF
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    nope. they also specifically asked why it was behaving weirdly in the 'round table' discussion scene with scientists / speach writer. it is basically 'space magic' but it wasn't a production oversight.
    I seem to remember the books being the same way too; all *inanimate* objects got slowed down upon entering the ring...

That all said, I've watched the first half of the first episode of the first season and it looked terrible. Like I got to the part where Canterbury does her-end-over-end so she can slow down to rescue Scopuli... and just... yeah. It was bad.

You guys wanna convince me to give it another go?
    Last edited by Lachesis VII; June 2 2018 at 01:44:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    wasnt the strongest part of the books either. i get what they were trying to do with it, but after the 5th scene of gibberish it got repetitive...
    It being frustrating was kinda the point.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    I seem to remember the books being the same way too; all *inanimate* objects got slowed down upon entering the ring...

That all said, I've watched the first half of the first episode of the first season and it looked terrible. Like I got to the part where Canterbury does her-end-over-end so she can slow down to rescue Scopuli... and just... yeah. It was bad.

>I watched the first 20 minutes and didn't like it abloo

People like you are why weebs have the 3 episode rule before you're allowed to bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Sadly, unless they make major changes to the story, Avasarala becomes a minor character for the whole rest of the series. Her arc ended when
      Spoiler:
    Mao gets arrested

Its possible they add some stuff for her like they did in the first season (Avasarala does not show up until the second book)
    Thank fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Got to episode 3 and am hooked like a hooker on smack
    Did u use partis?

laughs in Slovenian

smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

Give it til episode 4.

With a couple of exceptions, the first season of a good number of sci fi shows is pretty cringe.

So getting to "episode 4" before it "gets good" isn't so bad.
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Season 3 is a blast. I just watched Episode 5 and 6 and hot damn what fun. Also the "I am that guy." Moment really had me laughing, predictable as it may of been.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Season 3 is a blast. I just watched Episode 5 and 6 and hot damn what fun. Also the "I am that guy." Moment really had me laughing, predictable as it may of been.
    your avatar is having an orgasm it seems

laughs in Slovenian