hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1421222324252627 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 549

Thread: The Expanse [Megathread]

  1. #461
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,582
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Why you see her mouth movement before she goes psycho on people.
    Because she has some kind of tooth psycho drug capsule?
    The tooth thing activates some kind of aftermarket neuro-implants that jack-up her reaction times and muscle speeds for a short period of time.

  2. #462
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    29,572
    Why is there a distinct pop then? lmao

  3. #463
    Darkening's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,111
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Why you see her mouth movement before she goes psycho on people.
    Because she has some kind of tooth psycho drug capsule?
    Switch(?) in the top of mouth that fires off the blackmarket gland.

  4. #464
    Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,132
    Cool, haven't read the books so just assumed it was some kind of proto-molecule thingy.

  5. #465
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,250
    combat boosters ftw.

  6. #466
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,358
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Why is there a distinct pop then? lmao
    To tell the audience that's watching it instead of reading the books that something significant is going on?

  7. #467
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    29,572
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Why is there a distinct pop then? lmao
    To tell the audience that's watching it instead of reading the books that something significant is going on?
    Well thanks for thinking this lowly of the audience, i guess.

  8. #468
    tulip's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    2,044
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Why is there a distinct pop then? lmao
    To tell the audience that's watching it instead of reading the books that something significant is going on?
    Well thanks for thinking this lowly of the audience, i guess.
    Black market combat boosters activated by making a circle on the roof of her mouth with her tongue.

    They fuck you up long term which is why soldiers don't have them, she's not concerned about her long term health.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

  9. #469
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    29,572
    Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Why is there a distinct pop then? lmao
    To tell the audience that's watching it instead of reading the books that something significant is going on?
    Well thanks for thinking this lowly of the audience, i guess.
    Black market combat boosters activated by making a circle on the roof of her mouth with her tongue.

    They fuck you up long term which is why soldiers don't have them, she's not concerned about her long term health.
    Soldiers also have legit hardware and need to stay focused for hours.

      Spoiler:
    So they use amphetmaines instead

  10. #470
    Crystalline Entity's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    5,205
    SPIN DE DRUM

      Spoiler:
    The CGI in the drum bit was a bit ehhh, but really liked the episode.

    Nationlists vs Humanists vs Cynics vs Hopefuls vs Revengists vs Whatever..I love it, such a nuanced show

    When the drum started spinning I got a massive Babylon 5 vibe, not actually from the station but the music when Sheridan charged the last weapon platform around Earth, the music sounded eerily similar (around here for 15secs: https://youtu.be/MXkIuVLnsFE?t=3m37s)
    Last edited by Crystalline Entity; June 21 2018 at 11:18:06 PM.
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

    Smuggo - Brexit Thread

  11. #471
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    29,572
    The drum spins alright. But not the ship. What are newton's laws?

    Also the martians are painfully retarded, i don't even.

  12. #472
    Caldrion Dosto's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,182
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    The drum spins alright. But not the ship. What are newton's laws?

    Also the martians are painfully retarded, i don't even.
    Newtons doesn't seems to apply to much inside the Ring.

  13. #473

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    6,289
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    The drum spins alright. But not the ship. What are newton's laws?
    Ultra low friction bearings and counter-thrust on the axle / zero-g parts of the ship.
    The engineering's not particularly hard. Especially when you through All of God's Money at it.

    It's not like the ship Minds are using fields to grip subspace.

    All in it was a good episode but yeah the marines are dumb as shit. but they are marines, so nbs.

    I wonder :
      Spoiler:
    if they are going to lose / retake medina station, or simply skip that whole 1/3 of the book, to get to book 4 for season 4. The improved dynamics between ashford and drummer suggest they will.
    Last edited by Itiken; June 22 2018 at 07:55:13 AM.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  14. #474

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,199
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Why is there a distinct pop then? lmao
    To tell the audience that's watching it instead of reading the books that something significant is going on?
    Well thanks for thinking this lowly of the audience, i guess.
    The audience being nerds like you, not sure why you're surprised.

  15. #475
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    2,928
    That ep was huge!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  16. #476
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    1,695
    Double episode finale tomorrow!

    Much hype

  17. #477
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    8,981
    Why do they make wounded people walk around when they can just float them towards the infirmary?



  18. #478

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    6,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Why do they make wounded people walk around when they can just float them towards the infirmary?
    Because most of the time they forget about the zero gravity and generally have no idea how things are supposed to work. Like spinning up the ship making floating objects fall instantly..

    The last few episodes have mostly felt like filler.

  19. #479
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    29,572
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Like spinning up the ship making floating objects fall instantly..
    Oh snap, that is a fat one.

  20. #480
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,689
    I am utterly bored by everything that happened since the gate appeared.

    Was it this shit in the books?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •