hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: vidyagames give me ptsd

vidyagames give me ptsd

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comment...nd_eve_online/

As you all have heard, there was a recent controversy in EVE Online. An alliance by the name of "Just Let it Happen" [FUM8] had their alliance name changed to "EVE Alliance 99005866" because as reported by CCP Falcon, the name violated the EULA and naming policy. An anonymous user who deleted their post (I didn't catch the name in time) stated she reported the name because she "was a sexual assault survivor with PTSD who stood up for herself and other victims of rape culture" and submitted the ticket asking CCP to enforce the EULA. The direct line from the EULA reads as follows: "You may not use any abusive, defamatory, ethnically or racially offensive, harassing, harmful, hateful, obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, threatening or vulgar language."
    submit your corporation/alliance name here pls
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comment..._alliance_and/

inb4 its just a ccp's idea of marketing
    Last edited by RazoR; February 23 2017 at 10:40:44 PM.

LOOOOL

meanwhile, there has been a corp called Alcoholocaust for how long?

CCP are stupid to the max then it comes to social stuff/social implications. Nbs.

And a good portion of Eve players are sad fatnerds who can live out their :edge: only in their little corner of the internet and just have to choose "cool" names which are only funny if you are 14 or mentally deficient. Nbs.

God I am glad I stopped playing this game years ago, it really is the epitome of social depravity
    Last edited by FatFreddy; February 24 2017 at 03:58:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

dunno mate 90% of my friends are people i got hooked up with in eve and i like them

possibly you faggots too, soon™

Never had issues with names in the game, Its a game where people roleplay more or less that they fly spaceships and names isn't a big deal.
    Though I love the name on my current corp im in, suits a wh corp greatly!

The decision to crusade against the name of a single Corp or Alliance in a terrible game of online spaceships seems like an incredibly retarded waste of time. If someone wants to pick up that sword they keep on their parents' basement, maybe they choose something worth actually fighting over.

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    LOOOOL

CCP are stupid to the max then it comes to social stuff/social implications. Nbs.

And a good portion of Eve players are sad fatnerds who can live out their :edge: only in their little corner of the internet and just have to choose "cool" names which are only funny if you are 14 or mentally deficient. Nbs.

God I am glad I stopped playing this game years ago, it really is the epitome of social depravity
    I think its more due to no one reporting that. If you complain about something or someone you usually get a response by ccp (unless you are socratic), its just that suprisingly little people that play eve get offended by funny edgy names.

My favorite always was SIEGlinde HEILbutt as a player name, got removed by ccp though.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

While i do agree some names might be out of line, the alliance in question isnt one of them. I do see why a rape victim would react to it, but so can a fuckload of other things. We cant go around banning every single thing that someone might find offensive.

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    They should rename the alliance to "Just Let It Happen (unless it's rape)"
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

was that before or after you made an average of ~6 posts/day on an internet spaceship forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post

average of 1 post/day
    1?

Wolol!

LOOOOL

You still post here though, you dumb failsmug cunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Reminds me of a case from Guild Wars 2 a couple of years ago. We had a PvP guild called Less Talkin More [Sekz] transfer to our server and they were all kinds of awesome. Then one day their guild was suddenly disbanded by the devs for the same reason, somebody had reported their guild name.

Another guild from an enemy server claimed credit for the reporting, on the basis that they were "practicing Christians", yada yada yada. They later admitted that they had nothing to do with it and they were just trolling for tears.

So yeah. PTSD might be a real thing (I dealt with it myself a few years ago), but I can't see that as justification to report a dodgy name in a computer game for any reason other than lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    dunno mate 90% of my friends are people i got hooked up with in eve and i like them

possibly you faggots too, soon™
    RaWpD

i'm sure pulling the piss out of making murica great again would trigger some bads more than Soviet Union~

Since coming back I have heard some realy stupid ban-stories that would never have happened a few years back.
    The eve moderators or whatever they like to call themselves have realy become a bag of sensitive cunts.

It's sad to see the "I'm more offended than you!" army reaching into eve.

CCP rolled over and [FUM8] got their name back.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

LOOOOL

By being one of the most fun corps out there they get away with it
    Quote Originally Posted by The Road to Wigan Pier - George Orwell
    We all rail against class-distinctions, but very few people seriously want to abolish them. Here you come upon the important fact that every revolutionary opinion draws part of its strength from a secret conviction that nothing can be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    LOOOOL

By being one of the most fun corps out there they get away with it
    I wasn't judging the corp (how could I, I don't know them), I was commenting on reactive selective policing.

RIP Lynch Squad

It's not like there's a major faction who enslaved all the space ni... oh wait