hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

View Poll Results: What conspiracies do you believe in?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • None. Like alternative medicine and alternative fact, a conspiracy theory that is true is contradiction in terms.

4 6.90%
  • JEWS DID 9/11! JEWS DID 9/11! JEWS DID 9/11! JEWS DID 9/11! JEWS DID 9/11! JEWS DID 9/11!

6 10.34%
  • None. I believe everything the establishment tells me to believe ~{}~BBiswatchingmeet@midnight~{}~

1 1.72%
  • I "believe" some because it is fun...but I don't really think they are true.

2 3.45%
  • All conspiracy theories are clearly nonsense, except [PET THEORY], obviously.

1 1.72%
  • Most conspiracy theories have some kernal of truth behind them.

5 8.62%
  • Many conspiracy theories are based on, or wholly, truth.

0 0%
  • I used to believe in the Lizard-Jew-Banker-Illuminati. Now some banks proved to be slightly manipulating LIBOR - I was right!

2 3.45%
  • All the [Left/Right] wing theories are true, all the [Right/Left] wing theories are false, obviously.

2 3.45%
  • Conspiracy theories are an opiate to the masses, introduced as a safety valve for dissent and to discredit the truth by our true Alien Overlords.

0 0%
  • My favourite Conspiracy Theory is Christianity, though Islam has a better ending.

3 5.17%
  • SEND IN THE TROOPS AND SHUT FHC DOWN BEFORE THE TRUTH IS REVEALED

2 3.45%
  • None. I keep an open mind but apply rational skepticism and they rarely hold up.

13 22.41%
  • I believe that all my failures in life are due to an invisible cabal keeping me down.

4 6.90%
  • War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is knowledge

13 22.41%
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy Theories

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar

Conspiracy Theories

Do you believe in conspiracy theories? Which ones? Why? Why do you disbelieve in others?

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Do you believe in conspiracy theories? Which ones? Why? Why do you disbelieve in others?
    I believe in HAARP, chemtrails, nwo and Jews controlling everything. Even when I have to go to the can.

For some reason this won't embed.

My POV on the matter.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5muY64Oyp10

Smuggo
    No OP is a faggot option.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    No OP is a faggot option.
    That's a given.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    I believe that all my failures in life are due to an invisible cabal keeping me down.
    slow day at work mate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

It took me 6 mins to write :P

I beleive in Google Chemtrails

I believe Paul McCartney had Michael Jackson killed. Ask uncle Joey.

Open mind. No skepticism. No conviction. Just curiosity. Occasional amusement.
    RIP Xenosisreaper 04.11.2015

Princess Diana did 9/11
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Smuggo
    I believe that all human endeavor is ultimately pointless due to the second law of thermodynamics. Is that a conspiracy theory?

If you want some amusing/scary reading then look up operations Northwood, Snow White and Mocking Bird.

There was a scandal in the UK where undercover police officers infiltrated and were even running anti-establishment groups.

ASIO did the same here and my favourite Cold War tale was the secret communist meeting where of the four people in attendance two were ASIO operatives and one an undercover cop.

But the thing is any conspiracy with more than one or two people involved always gets exposed.

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    I dont believe in most tinfoil hattery (lizard people, fake moon landings, Keckers being human) but i keep an open mind. I can't believe that given the chance that a group in power would pass up the opportunity to increase their power/influence by nigh on any means.The evidence of this is already out there of this such as the CIAs involvement in the Iranian revolution that came to light some 50 years after the event. so do i believe in chemtrails? no but do i believe that if they(any one in power) thought they could get away with dosing the population with drugs to make them more controllable etc yes i do.

flame on.

Operation Northwoods was a proposed false flag operation against the Cuban government, that originated within the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) of the United States government in 1962. The proposals called for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) or other U.S. government operatives to commit acts of terrorism against American civilians and military targets, blaming it on the Cuban government, and using it to justify a war against Cuba. The plans detailed in the document included the possible assassination of Cuban émigrés, sinking boats of Cuban refugees on the high seas, hijacking planes, blowing up a U.S. ship, and orchestrating violent terrorism in U.S. cities.[2] The proposals were rejected by the Kennedy administration.[3]

At the time of the proposal, communists led by Fidel Castro had recently taken power in Cuba. The operation proposed creating public support for a war against Cuba by blaming it for terrorist acts that would actually be perpetrated by the U.S. Government.[4] To this end, Operation Northwoods proposals recommended hijackings and bombings followed by the introduction of phony evidence that would implicate the Cuban government. It stated:

The desired resultant from the execution of this plan would be to place the United States in the apparent position of suffering defensible grievances from a rash and irresponsible government of Cuba and to develop an international image of a Cuban threat to peace in the Western Hemisphere.

Several other proposals were included within Operation Northwoods, including real or simulated actions against various U.S. military and civilian targets. The operation recommended developing a "Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington".

The plan was drafted by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, signed by Chairman Lyman Lemnitzer and sent to the Secretary of Defense. Although part of the U.S. government's anti-communist Cuban Project, Operation Northwoods was never officially accepted; it was authorized by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, but then rejected by President John F. Kennedy. According to currently released documentation, none of the operations became active under the auspices of the Operation Northwoods proposals.
    Operation Snow White was the Church of Scientology's internal name for a major criminal conspiracy during the 1970s to purge unfavorable records about Scientology and its founder, L. Ron Hubbard. This project included a series of infiltrations into and thefts from 136 government agencies, foreign embassies and consulates, as well as private organizations critical of Scientology, carried out by Church members in more than 30 countries.[1] It was one of the largest infiltrations of the United States government in history,[2] with up to 5,000 covert agents.[3] This operation also exposed the Scientology plot 'Operation Freakout', because Operation Snow White was the case that initiated the US government investigation of the Church.[3]

Under this program, Scientology operatives committed infiltration, wiretapping, and theft of documents in government offices, most notably those of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Eleven highly placed Church executives, including Mary Sue Hubbard (wife of founder L. Ron Hubbard and second-in-command of the organization), pleaded guilty and were convicted in federal court of obstructing justice, burglary of government offices, and theft of documents and government property. The case was United States v. Mary Sue Hubbard et al., 493 F.Supp. 209 (D.D.C. 1979).
    Operation Mockingbird was allegedly a large-scale program of the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) that, beginning in the early 1950s, attempted to manipulate news media for propaganda purposes, and funded student and cultural organizations and magazines as front organisations.

According to writer Deborah Davis, Mockingbird recruited leading American journalists into a propaganda network and oversaw the operations of front groups. CIA support of front groups was exposed after a 1967 Ramparts magazine article revealed that the National Student Association received funding from the CIA. Congressional investigations and reports in the 1970s also revealed Agency connections with journalists and civic groups. None of these reports, however, mentions an Operation Mockingbird controlling or supporting these activities.

A Project Mockingbird is mentioned in the CIA Family Jewels report, compiled in the mid-70s. According to the declassified version of the report released in 2007, Project Mockingbird involved wire-tapping of two American journalists for several months in the early 1960s.

Aliens; Umbrealla World Governement. Everything else is silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo
    The evolution of the meme. From shipspinning to meatspinning.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    I dont believe in most tinfoil hattery (lizard people, fake moon landings, Keckers being human) but i keep an open mind. I can't believe that given the chance that a group in power would pass up the opportunity to increase their power/influence by nigh on any means.The evidence of this is already out there of this such as the CIAs involvement in the Iranian revolution that came to light some 50 years after the event. so do i believe in chemtrails? no but do i believe that if they(any one in power) thought they could get away with dosing the population with drugs to make them more controllable etc yes i do.

flame on.
    The thing that makes this dumb is that the CIA-backed Iranian revolution, like all "true" conspiracy theories, came to light and general public knowledge as truth almost immediately (not 50 years later).

Operation Northwood is another classic example of a conspiracy theory that uses a mix of truth, omissions and the readers own credulance to paint a completely different picture from reality.

The theory:

- CIA proposed staging "terrorist attacks" against the US in a false-flag operation to justify war with Cuba.

The "trick"

- Note the use of "terrorist attacks". While not outright saying it, anyone reading this in a post-9/11 world is going to assume we are talking killing US civilians, bombs at civilian locations, shooting down civilian planes or sinking their ships etc. Sounds a lot like the 9/11 claims right? Maybe there's something in them after all right?

WRONG. It's cleverly concocted bullshit.

The truth

Digging into the ACTUAL RELEASED MEMO, here's what the "terrorist attacks" proposed were:

a. Incidents to establish a credible attack (not in
    chronilogical order):

(1) Start rumors (many). Use clandestine radio.

(2) Land friendly Cubans in uniform "over-the-fence"
    to stage attack on the base.

(3) Capture Cuban (friendly) sabateurs inside the
    base.

(4) Start riots near the entrance to the base (friendly
    Cubans).

Appendix to
    Enclosure A

------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 11

(5) Blow up ammunition inside the base; start fires.

(6) Burn aircraft on airbase (sabatage).

(7) Lob morter shells from outside of base into base.
    Some damage to installations.

(8) Capture assault teams approaching from the sea
    of vicinity of Guantanamo City.

(9) Capture militia group which storms the base.

(10) Sabotage ship in harbor; large fires -- napthalene.

(11) Sink ship near harbor entrance. Conduct funerals
    for mock-victims (may be lieu of (10)).

Note: no deaths, no serious damage. This isnt some crazy 9/11 supporting proposition, this is merely fanning the flames of justification sufficiently to avoid international reprisals if the US needed to invade to handle the Cuba missile crisis. Its "dirty tricks" but nothing on the level of the accusations regularly levelled, and it was in a 18 month period that included the Bay of Pigs and the Cuba Missile Crisis. It really isnt a particularly outlandish proposal in that context.

Its a "true" conspiracy theory that gets used, massively exaggerated/abstracted, to give credence to complete bullshit ones.
    Last edited by Lallante; February 16 2017 at 10:32:39 AM.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    i was a product of mkultra
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Operation Northwood is another classic example of a conspiracy theory that uses a mix of truth, omissions and the readers own credulance to paint a completely different picture from reality.

The theory:

- CIA proposed staging "terrorist attacks" against the US in a false-flag operation to justify war with Cuba.

The "trick"

- Note the use of "terrorist attacks". While not outright saying it, anyone reading this in a post-9/11 world is going to assume we are talking killing US civilians, bombs at civilian locations, shooting down civilian planes or sinking their ships etc. Sounds a lot like the 9/11 claims right? Maybe there's something in them after all right?

WRONG. It's cleverly concocted bullshit.

The truth

Digging into the ACTUAL RELEASED MEMO, here's what the "terrorist attacks" proposed were:

a. Incidents to establish a credible attack (not in
    chronilogical order):

(1) Start rumors (many). Use clandestine radio.

(2) Land friendly Cubans in uniform "over-the-fence"
    to stage attack on the base.

(3) Capture Cuban (friendly) sabateurs inside the
    base.

(4) Start riots near the entrance to the base (friendly
    Cubans).

Appendix to
    Enclosure A

------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 11

(5) Blow up ammunition inside the base; start fires.

(6) Burn aircraft on airbase (sabatage).

(7) Lob morter shells from outside of base into base.
    Some damage to installations.

(8) Capture assault teams approaching from the sea
    of vicinity of Guantanamo City.

(9) Capture militia group which storms the base.

(10) Sabotage ship in harbor; large fires -- napthalene.

(11) Sink ship near harbor entrance. Conduct funerals
    for mock-victims (may be lieu of (10)).

Note: no deaths, no serious damage. This isnt some crazy 9/11 supporting proposition, this is merely fanning the flames of justification sufficiently to avoid international reprisals if the US needed to invade to handle the Cuba missile crisis. Its "dirty tricks" but nothing on the level of the accusations regularly levelled.

Its a "true" conspiracy theory that gets used, massively exaggerated/abstracted, to give credence to complete bullshit ones.
    It's true what you say but the actual plans were never put into practice so who knows if it would have spiraled out of control.

I probably should have explained why I listed those "operations" - stuff like that gives credence to the genuinely full-blown crazy theories like 9/11 being a Government operation.

Then you have things like the Gulf of Tonkien incidents 1 & 2, Watergate, CIA drug dealing, Iran-Contra and god knows how many operations by other countries and you can see why some believe that Government's are capable of anything.

But as we both pointed out all of these conspiracies were exposed eventually because in the real world nothing that involves a bunch of people remains secret for long.

By comparison nothing has ever come out regarding the Kennedy Assassination. Not one of the many thousands of people who would have been involved in faking a moon landing have piped up. None of the huge number of people who would have been involved in a 9/11 black op has come forward.

Cullnean doesn't actually vape. He's really a steam powered automaton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.