hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

Thread: For Honor - My Viking can total beat up your ninja!

Coming from a sad consolefag despite having a ludicrously good PC....GET OFF MY PC WOMAN (to my wife....), i have to say that the p2p is really good so far for me. Very few issues after launch day, and obviously no shittalking or other fuckery because i just don't wear my headset unless playing with mates.

No keyboard in games has some serious plus points at times tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Coming from a sad consolefag despite having a ludicrously good PC....GET OFF MY PC WOMAN (to my wife....), i have to say that the p2p is really good so far for me. Very few issues after launch day, and obviously no shittalking or other fuckery because i just don't wear my headset unless playing with mates.

No keyboard in games has some serious plus points at times tbh.
    yeah it's a game i'd much rather play on console, but fuck that 30fps ._.

The grand majority of the 1v1 duel community aren't assholes yea. I usually see people that wont throw you into the lava, or even if they guard break, will push you off instead of doing a heavy attack for the sake of good fights (and I do the same, likewise).

Sometimes you come across a spamming baddie that rages, and then laming them is hilarious. So salty.

The 2v2 community is usually 50/50. Some will allow you to finish your duel - and some are salty retards.

Dominion is cancerous with roving 3v1 gank squads. Too bad, it's a fun game mode.
    Leon's miniature painting blog : http://battlegoatsandtrumpets.blogspot.com/

Banned
    Gear score is very silly in Dominion now

Quote Originally Posted by UsernameisValidandNotinUs View Post
    Gear score is very silly in Dominion now
    yeah the gear is fine up to the blue level, once you get into heroic it becomes retarded

Stealing a post from elsewhere

The baseline average player is gradually getting better and as the average player starts to realise that the baseline expected skill to not lose miserably is having near 100% block, 100% parry, 100% guard break tech. The only thing that remains in all classes tools to deal any damage is feints.
    And yet feints too can be defended against especially classes with a predictable feint set and with this in mind. It just becomes a prolonged game of paper, scissor, rock, lizard, spock where a single mistake will probably cost you the match... More so depending on the class or proximity to a ledge.
    The game is already becoming: "Everyone defends, the loser is the one who cannot maintain it consistently over the coming afk match."
    With this in mind things like unblockable CC and advanced defensive abilities like shugoki's passive, superior block or side dashing attacks will all gradually become more overpowered as time goes on. And classes that solely focus on damage like orochi or heaven forbid "combos" like valkyrie are always going to be at the disadvantage when the games meta is so focused around denying all hits.
    Or to put it another way, if your class gimmick is being a glass cannon for damage and your opponents focus on denying all hits your hits... What advantage does your class have in this game?
    There was an interview with a dev shortly after one of the betas where he said he was shocked how fast everyone was playing, how landing parries had just become the baseline. And to me that interview was really telling. Internally, with their developer tests, none of them were playing to win. They were playing for the spectacle. That's the only real reason I can think of to explain the fact that some classes are damage focused and the meta is heavily turtling.
    So if the person you are fighting cannot be fooled by your feints consistently and cannot be gaurd broken and will not attack except when they are garaunteed a hit.
    How are you ever going to win?
    That's where this game seems to be inevitably heading... When the baseline for the average player is this, how will newcomers get into the game exactly? They are gonna lose a ton of fights to matchmaking that throws them against sheer brickwalls consistently, get frustrated and quit.
    If the Ubisoft team aren't scratching their heads and playing SF4/Guilty Gear/KoF/MK/Killer Instinct furiously trying to see how actual competitive brawlers tackle aggression. Then this games meta doesn't have a bright future, in my opinion.
    until then I suggest we petition Ubisoft to rename it "For that untechable Guard Break".

Hit the games problems pretty well. I've already got 50+ hours including the beta so I'm not upset about getting the game but it's really waiting to see where it goes from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Stealing a post from elsewhere

The baseline average player is gradually getting better and as the average player starts to realise that the baseline expected skill to not lose miserably is having near 100% block, 100% parry, 100% guard break tech. The only thing that remains in all classes tools to deal any damage is feints.
    And yet feints too can be defended against especially classes with a predictable feint set and with this in mind. It just becomes a prolonged game of paper, scissor, rock, lizard, spock where a single mistake will probably cost you the match... More so depending on the class or proximity to a ledge.
    The game is already becoming: "Everyone defends, the loser is the one who cannot maintain it consistently over the coming afk match."
    With this in mind things like unblockable CC and advanced defensive abilities like shugoki's passive, superior block or side dashing attacks will all gradually become more overpowered as time goes on. And classes that solely focus on damage like orochi or heaven forbid "combos" like valkyrie are always going to be at the disadvantage when the games meta is so focused around denying all hits.
    Or to put it another way, if your class gimmick is being a glass cannon for damage and your opponents focus on denying all hits your hits... What advantage does your class have in this game?
    There was an interview with a dev shortly after one of the betas where he said he was shocked how fast everyone was playing, how landing parries had just become the baseline. And to me that interview was really telling. Internally, with their developer tests, none of them were playing to win. They were playing for the spectacle. That's the only real reason I can think of to explain the fact that some classes are damage focused and the meta is heavily turtling.
    So if the person you are fighting cannot be fooled by your feints consistently and cannot be gaurd broken and will not attack except when they are garaunteed a hit.
    How are you ever going to win?
    That's where this game seems to be inevitably heading... When the baseline for the average player is this, how will newcomers get into the game exactly? They are gonna lose a ton of fights to matchmaking that throws them against sheer brickwalls consistently, get frustrated and quit.
    If the Ubisoft team aren't scratching their heads and playing SF4/Guilty Gear/KoF/MK/Killer Instinct furiously trying to see how actual competitive brawlers tackle aggression. Then this games meta doesn't have a bright future, in my opinion.
    until then I suggest we petition Ubisoft to rename it "For that untechable Guard Break".

Hit the games problems pretty well. I've already got 50+ hours including the beta so I'm not upset about getting the game but it's really waiting to see where it goes from here.
    On the plus side that also shows that they indeed do know there is a problem and where it resides, which makes me somewhat hopeful

Even the wardens attacks are unsafe. Zone blocks into a free guardbreak and crushing counter can be parried. The wait for a complete overhaul begins.

Zone blocks into a free guardbreak
    i'm about 80% convinced i canceled those guardbreaks

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Zone blocks into a free guardbreak
    i'm about 95% convinced i canceled those guardbreaks
    If it a tiny bit late you can cancel it but if is on time its 100%

Tomorrow morning (Feb 28th) at 8am EST (13:00 UTC) we will update the PC version of the game to V1.03. This will require a downtime of around 15 minutes. Changes contained in this update can be found below.

NOTE: V1.03 for XB1 and PS4 has been submitted for certification with Microsoft and Sony, respectively. We will update you with the timing of their release when we have it.

Feats

Shugoki

Fixed a bug that caused players to lose the “Hard to Kill “ Feat upon death.

Orochi & Berserker

Addressed bugs with their area of effect (AOE) ground Feats not working if the player stopped moving
    The Orochi's Nail Bomb & the Berserkers Stun Trap Feats now apply their damage effects correctly to characters who trigger the trap, but stop moving towards the trap, as it was intended.

Valkyrie

The Valkyrie Bloodlust Feat is now triggered on all types of kills as it was intended.

Berserker, Warlord, & Valkyrie

Tweaked the “Rush” Feat animation transition bug from idle to sprint animations

Fight

All Fighters

We reverted the Guardbreak mechanics to the Beta behavior in order to have it be a more usable skill. Guardbreak is no longer un-counterable if you're Guardbroken during Guardbreak startup.
    Attacks that cannot be blocked because they are too fast no longer display the Unblockable Attack feedback.
    Fixed camera clipping issues with walls on executions

Peacekeeper

Some tweaking was made on the Peacekeeper during the Beta, which caused some bugs and unintended changes. We are changing some of her moves to behave as designed.

Fixed the Peacekeeper Guardbreak and Bleed stacking bug
    Stab 1 applies 2 dmg + 15 Bleed dmg over 10 sec
    Stab 2 applies 2 dmg + 12 Bleed dmg over 8 sec
    Stab 3 applies 2 dmg + 9 Bleed dmg over 6 sec
    Bleed damage now stacks up for a total of 36 dmg, in the Beta this total was higher (45dmg) but has been reduced for balancing along with the accompanied bug fix
    Increased the range of the Peacekeeper Stab Attack to fix issues with missed stabs and therefore not applying Bleed
    Stab range increased from 1 m to 2 m

Changed the range distance of the Peacekeeper Light Attack. She can now connect a Light Attack after a parry.
    Normal Light Attacks had their range increased by 0.25 m; from 2.75 m to 3 m

Berserker & Conqueror

Light Attack recoveries decreased to prevent free Guardbreak on Block. This was never the intended behavior.
    Berserker's Light Attacks and chained Light Attacks recoveries on Block reduced from 900 ms to 700 ms
    Conqueror's Light Attacks and chained Light Attacks recoveries on Block reduced from 900 ms to 700 ms

Valkyrie

Overall Valkyrie gameplay update/buff. We found that the changes we made during our latest Technical Test were impacting too much the dueling abilities of the Valkyrie. She has gone from the 1st place in Win/Loss in Duel to the last spot.We’ve made some of her moves a little faster and we’ve added some mix-ups.

Pouncing Thrust & Hunter's Strike damage increased from 12 dmg to 17 dmg
    Pouncing Thrust & Hunter's Strike can link into Light Chain faster: from 400 ms – 900 ms to 200 ms – 500 ms
    Light Attacks recoveries reduced by 100 ms
    Light Attack Miss Recovery 900 ms to 800 ms
    Light Attack Hit Recovery 700 ms to 600 ms
    Light Attack Interrupt Block Recovery 800 ms to 700 ms
    Light Attack Regular Block Recovery 700 ms to 600 ms.
    Light Chain second Attack Startup reduced by 100 ms, recoveries reduced by 100ms
    Light Chain second Attack Startup 600 ms to 500 ms
    Light Chain second Attack Miss Recovery 800 ms to 700 ms
    Light Chain second Attack Hit Recovery 600 to 500 ms
    Light Chain second Attack Interrupt Block Recovery 700 ms to 600 ms
    Light Chain second Attack Regular Block Recovery 600 ms to 500 ms
    Shield Crush can now be chained into Light Chain
    After 400 ms into Hit Recovery
    After 500 ms into Miss Recovery
    Hunter's Rush Recoveries shortened by 200 ms
    Miss recovery 1000 ms to 800 ms
    Hit recovery 800 ms to 600 ms
    Interrupt Block recovery 900 ms to 700 ms
    Regular Block recovery 800 ms to 600 ms

Orochi

Increased the dodge back on the Orochi’s “Riptide Strike”
    Increased the backward displacement from 1.75 m to 2 m

Game mode

Duel, Brawl, Elimination

Bots joining an in-progress match will be dead for the current round.

Miscellaneous

Changed Music in Face Off screen
    Various bug fixes

yay i can use my berserker again

Now my peacekeeper is even more op.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

its a MP fighting game. bet he hates it.

For Honor unlocks cost over 600 (or 5,200 hours) in total
    The worst of free-to-play design is coming to full-price, pay-to-play titles.
    Source
    Hiro Cor

Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    For Honor unlocks cost over 600 (or 5,200 hours) in total
    The worst of free-to-play design is coming to full-price, pay-to-play titles.
    Source
    And you get almost all of the non cosmetic ones by doing the story.