hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [News] 119.1 Release Deployed, Then Replaced With 118.10 Due To Server Issues

boot.ini

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    What the fucking fuck in the fuck fuck is going fucking on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Keeves View Post
    boot.ini
    More like loot.ini

I'm hearing talk about session timers changing, but what w.r.t. was intended, if anything?
    Because I'm still kinda salty about the reduction from 60secs when it behaved more like a weapons timer does now, for splitting a small engagement over a gate.
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    I'm hearing talk about session timers changing, but what w.r.t. was intended, if anything?
    Because I'm still kinda salty about the reduction from 60secs when it behaved more like a weapons timer does now, for splitting a small engagement over a gate.
    CCP reinstated a 10 second session timer on actions within a citadel to avoid a bug (likely a race condition) that caused weird things to happen like empty ships getting shot out.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

And having gotten used to no timer at all, this new timer is SO DAMN ANNOYING. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli Stan View Post
    And having gotten used to no timer at all, this new timer is SO DAMN ANNOYING. Sigh.
    Hehe yeah, it would be much less annoying if it behaved like stations though. In stations when you undock with a timer itll just wait until the timer ends and then undocks you, in citadels if gives you an error message and you have to press undock again once the timer expires. The station mechanic is much less annoying even though it takes exactly as long to undock.

Reimplementing things that already work, poorly. Gotcha.
    I thought they were meant to be recoding POS, not stations. Surely player stations' asset storage is very similar to NPCs', those handle multiple per system even if players couldn't place that many eggs.

The goal is removing all pos and replacing them with citadels

https://zkillboard.com/character/195872744/ have a look to see all the fun im having in eve. If you arent having fun in eve you`re probably bad at eve. Please better yourself.

Which doesn't require recreating the asset management & docking code (because it's the same functionality as stations), just the fuel and POS modules stuff. They seem to have got sucked into a distraction of making new POS/POCOs into stations, rather than new stations with modules & fuel needs but only the same old asset functionality.

well yeah this is ccp. Docking in citadel acts pretty different from docking in a station: you keep shield and cap levels while docked and its spits you out instanly when you press the undock button so im pretty sure its a completly different thing compared to old station code.

https://zkillboard.com/character/195872744/ have a look to see all the fun im having in eve. If you arent having fun in eve you`re probably bad at eve. Please better yourself.

The way it looks to me is that citadels started as immoveable ships, able to fit modules, be 'flown', and engage in combat, and station-like features were added to them, like docking asset storage, contracts, etc... Somebody even has a pic somewhere of a citadel in warp. Last I checked, double clicking in space while manning a citadel gives the little direction indicator.

If you look at the history of bugs you would know why they would want to completely redo docking and asset mechanics.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

It's obvious the citadels are a dirty hack, there several bugs indicating tethering was very similar to just being cloaked ongrid iirc.
    But yeah, seems they approached it from the wrong direction. Must've been some legacy station code that they didn't dare try to duplicate and split out for citadels.
    Though they did only relatively recently do the Unified Inventory code, unless that was just a 64bit ID update and the rest mostly butchering the clientside UI for months.

Y'all remember when we rioted and CCP said "Okay. No ore Jesus features until we fix things."? Maybe that needs to happen again...

Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post
    Y'all remember when we rioted and CCP said "Okay. No ore Jesus features until we fix things."? Maybe that needs to happen again...
    Yeah but for the last 3 years people have been whining like crazy about not enough features, and totally taking it for granted that shit works now as if that was sorted out by the magic code pixies while everyone else was at the pub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post
    Yeah but for the last 3 years people have been whining like crazy about not enough features, and totally taking it for granted that shit works now as if that was sorted out by the magic code pixies while everyone else was at the pub.
    With the sheer amount of server side issues I wonder if the lack of CCP Veritas is really hurting.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    shit works now as if that was sorted out by the magic code pixies while everyone else was at the pub.
    I think magic code pixie is probably an apt way to describe CCP Seagull

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

The game wouldn't let me manually decloak today and I got tidi in my wh system at 10:00 :yes: