hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Monday] Starting my week with an all-nighter edition

Ahh nice to see the bully and nerd cycle remains true even in adulthood.

Consistancy is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post

Consistancy is good.
    They're just jelly of my pretty cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post

Consistancy is good.
    N E R D
    E
    R
    D

Consistancy is good.
    C.

I rarely take trades with me to stores because that would mean actually organising my collection. I sometimes have spare cards in deck boxes but I keep a close eye on things whenever I'm there, I'm not expecting anything to happen at a random store but EDH does usually have a reasonable price tag per deck after a while and I don't really know what some of my stuff is worth most of time unless it's an obviously good card in multiple formats.

Quote Originally Posted by halbarad View Post

Consistancy is good.
    C.

I rarely take trades with me to stores because that would mean actually organising my collection. I sometimes have spare cards in deck boxes but I keep a close eye on things whenever I'm there, I'm not expecting anything to happen at a random store but EDH does usually have a reasonable price tag per deck after a while and I don't really know what some of my stuff is worth most of time unless it's an obviously good card in multiple formats.
    I've recently taken several old EDH decks apart so have a ton of EDH value in there and Mondays are casual EDH day so good chance to trade it out for some legacy or modern staples.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Playing da magic tonight and brought my trades with me. That feeling when you're carting around about 2k worth of cardboard in your backpack.
    You collosal nerd.
    fattest of em all

Banned
    I could really do with another 2 hours or so of sleep but new kindle is wrecking that idea

So many books to read, so little time

The toilet (a.k.a. porcelain throne) in our house has a tiny room to itself (barely big enough for the throne itself) and while I don't have any particular problem with this, what I do object to is the location - it's at the back of the house and therefore gets full sun all summer which means it's as much sauna as shit box. I'm serious, if you go in their constipated, there's a good chance you'll open your pores so much from sweating that you'll shit out of them by mistake.

For ages now, I've been contemplating a hack job with something like this to draw off the foul humors (and even fouler heat) through the single, solitary window but all finished units seem to cost around $100 which for what is essentially a small solar panel with a CPU fan behind it, seems a little outrageous. That and I'd need to pull out one of the glass panes (recessed partially behind the other to allow air flow) or cut it to make a new vent.

Tonight it finally dawned on me I could just hack something together myself, with spare parts and a $20 panel from a hobby shop, that will slot securely into the existing window without any modifications. I've already sketched out two different designs, depending on panel dimensions. I'm feeling, simultaneously, really chuffed with myself for finally figuring this out, and really annoyed with myself for finally figuring this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Thinking of learning how to develop Android apps because I need 1-2 apps and there simply aren't any. Anyone got some decent resources I could look into on how to develop apps? My java knowledge is basic so I'll probably have to look into that first.

I did find this on the edx website https://www.edx.org/micromasters/gal...roid-developer but courses like these are really hit and miss in my experience.
    I think Aea did/does/done some Android dev?
    Last edited by Sparq; January 9 2017 at 01:32:59 PM.

just received a letter that my wallet - which i lost/was stolen around christmas 20fucking16 - apparently turned up and now waits for my retrieval at the communal lost property office.

so far 2017 is amazing: no famous person died (yet), no depressive mood swings @ new year and now regaining something with sentimental value. \o/

HORSE SHIT HORSE SHIT HORSE SHIT I DRANK TOO MUCH BEER LAST NIGHT BUT HAD A GREAT MORNING, MY GF WAS IN WORK AT THE SAME TIME AS ME AND WE ONLY WORK A BLOCK AWAY FROM EACH OTHER SO WE HAD BREAKFAST TOGETHER AND TOOK THE BUS TOGETHER AND THERE WAS PLENTY OF ROOM ON THE BUS SO WE SAT NEXT TO EACH OTHER, GOT TO WORK AND REALLY GOT STUCK IN BECAUSE LAST WEEK I WASN'T REALLY FEELING IT, STILL A LOT OF WORK TO DO AND SOME SHITTY EMAILS FOR TICKETS ID RATHER NOT HAVE TO STILL BE DEALING WITH BUT OVERALL I FEEL MUCH BETTER ABOUT WORK THAN I DID LAST WEEK. I GOT MY HAIRCUT ON SATURDAY AND THAT ALWAYS MAKES ME FEEL BETTER TOO.

GONNA BUY A HDMI CABLE ON THE WAY HOME SO I CAN CONNECT A SPARE LAPTOP TO OUR TV SO WE CAN USE IT FOR NETFLIX, GONNA SET IT UP WITH MY VPN TOO SO WE CAN STREAM FROM HOME TV SITES AND PROBABLY GONNA TORRENT A BIT ON IT TOO, IT'S ALL COMING TOGETHER QUITE NICELY FOR NOW. JUST NEED A CABLE TRACER SO I CAN FIND WHERE THE SPEAKERS THAT ARE BUILT INTO THE APARTMENT GO AS NO ONE SEEMS TO HAVE A FUCKING CLUE AND THERE ARE NO WALL SOCKETS ANYWHERE FOR AUDIO CONNECTIONS OR SPEAKER WIRE

Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    HORSE SHIT HORSE SHIT HORSE SHIT I DRANK TOO MUCH BEER LAST NIGHT BUT HAD A GREAT MORNING, MY GF WAS IN WORK AT THE SAME TIME AS ME AND WE ONLY WORK A BLOCK AWAY FROM EACH OTHER SO WE HAD BREAKFAST TOGETHER AND TOOK THE BUS TOGETHER AND THERE WAS PLENTY OF ROOM ON THE BUS SO WE SAT NEXT TO EACH OTHER, GOT TO WORK AND REALLY GOT STUCK IN BECAUSE LAST WEEK I WASN'T REALLY FEELING IT, STILL A LOT OF WORK TO DO AND SOME SHITTY EMAILS FOR TICKETS ID RATHER NOT HAVE TO STILL BE DEALING WITH BUT OVERALL I FEEL MUCH BETTER ABOUT WORK THAN I DID LAST WEEK. I GOT MY HAIRCUT ON SATURDAY AND THAT ALWAYS MAKES ME FEEL BETTER TOO.

GONNA BUY A HDMI CABLE ON THE WAY HOME SO I CAN CONNECT A SPARE LAPTOP TO OUR TV SO WE CAN USE IT FOR NETFLIX, GONNA SET IT UP WITH MY VPN TOO SO WE CAN STREAM FROM HOME TV SITES AND PROBABLY GONNA TORRENT A BIT ON IT TOO, IT'S ALL COMING TOGETHER QUITE NICELY FOR NOW. JUST NEED A CABLE TRACER SO I CAN FIND WHERE THE SPEAKERS THAT ARE BUILT INTO THE APARTMENT GO AS NO ONE SEEMS TO HAVE A FUCKING CLUE AND THERE ARE NO WALL SOCKETS ANYWHERE FOR AUDIO CONNECTIONS OR SPEAKER WIRE
    neat

IM THINKING ABOUT THIS ONE. IT HAS SOME LITTLE CLAMPS FOR A POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE, I ASSUME I CAN JUST CLAMP THESE ONTO THE SPEAKER CABLE AND IT'LL PUT A SIGNAL OVER THEM SO I CAN USE THE TRACER?

IM THINKING ABOUT THIS ONE. IT HAS SOME LITTLE CLAMPS FOR A POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE, I ASSUME I CAN JUST CLAMP THESE ONTO THE SPEAKER CABLE AND IT'LL PUT A SIGNAL OVER THEM SO I CAN USE THE TRACER?
    Those aren't speakers. They are microphones.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    NO THEY'RE SPEAKERS I PULLED ONE OF THE COVERS OFF AND EACH PANEL HAS ONE LARGE AND ONE SMALL SPEAKER IN IT

am i the only one who had steve carrell yelling in his head while reading this?
    also expected epic fits of rage.
    didn't deliver

im gona cum my pants any secon...... ah
    MAX damage posting

youre all fuckin nerds and im the coolest

Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    NO THEY'RE SPEAKERS I PULLED ONE OF THE COVERS OFF AND EACH PANEL HAS ONE LARGE AND ONE SMALL SPEAKER IN IT
    Jokes on you. A speaker is a microphone.
    meh

Banned
    This is why you own a printer and a laminator

fuck spending that much money on cards when you can get them for free