hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh shit its the [Sunday] thread!

Oh shit its the [Sunday] thread!

So had a pretty shitty Christmas/New Year where I was ill with a chest/throat infection and working loads of hours, only worked because it was double pay.
    So now I got some nice funds I'm looking at starting a new hobby and drones caught my interest, anyone know much of anything on here about them? Or can point to a decent forum for info.
    Probably look at getting something with video feedback to start with as I'd love to see what its doing from its point of view while I mess around with it.

protip: if you use a drone to record people fucking you could get in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    protip: if you use a drone to record people fucking you could get in trouble
    http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/ma...08-gsl3q2.html

Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12

Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    So had a pretty shitty Christmas/New Year where I was ill with a chest/throat infection and working loads of hours, only worked because it was double pay.
    So now I got some nice funds I'm looking at starting a new hobby and drones caught my interest, anyone know much of anything on here about them? Or can point to a decent forum for info.
    Probably look at getting something with video feedback to start with as I'd love to see what its doing from its point of view while I mess around with it.
    My only pearl of wisdom is be very, very careful about where and how you fly one. Be sure to educate yourself thoroughly on both your rights and responsibilities. Forgive me, but you're either American or British? Some jurisdictions take this emerging phenomena very seriously. Back in time, shortly after the Charlie Hebdo attacks rocked France, the proscription against unlicensed (and night) flights of drones over Paris were being regularly broken with targets including the presidential palace, American embassy and various other protected & sensitive locations. This sparked numerous security alerts and at least one (failed) police chase. Three journalists were even arrested one night, but ultimately it was determined they were reporting on the incidents, not participating directly. To my knowledge the activity tapered off, but it gave a lot of people the willies while it was going on and has never been solved.

oh, and I have myself been taking an interest recently in the hacking & disruption of drones. There's plenty of proof-of-concept stuff published already that illustrates some makes and models are at constant risk of hijack during operation (Parrot/2 family, exemplars) because they accept command and control via an unsecured WiFi! The available information has enough fidelity that anyone can drag & drop components from the shelf and copy paste the necessary code to execute push-button attacks that can range from shutdown in flight (uncontrolled descents leading to rapid disassembly) to complex instructions to reroute flight and facilitate theft ...

ALL THIS ASIDE, with the recent burst of advancement in virtual reality entertainment making it relatively simple to strap a high quality phone screen to your face, you're probably going to get more enjoyment than ever from soaring around the skies via a proxy.

I am now 100% convinced that my brother's GF (and her mum) are insane lizard people. Stinking hot day outside so have the aircon on about 20 degrees Celsius and they loudly complain it is freezing, so they turn it off and now i'm sweating in my bedroom because there is nothing countering the 60 degree heat in the ceiling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.

Quote Originally Posted by Grendelfreak View Post
    I am now 100% convinced that my brother's GF (and her mum) are insane lizard people. Stinking hot day outside so have the aircon on about 20 degrees Celsius and they loudly complain it is freezing, so they turn it off and now i'm sweating in my bedroom because there is nothing countering the 60 degree heat in the ceiling.
    punch on with them

Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12

Just passively-aggressive turn it back on to like 25 without telling them. If they've got a problem with that, ask them to step outside (then lock the door behind them)

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlchris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendelfreak View Post
    punch on with them
    Nah, 20 is too cold. 23-24 is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Think i'm 37 today, so having a bacon buttie.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkening View Post
    Happy birthday big ups mate. Bacon to start the day is my plan soon as well

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    After about a week of failing to die, close to 39 C temperatures despite paracetamol and constantly producing incredible amounts of mucus in my head, leading to a double ear infection, I'm slowly starting to feel like a human being again.

Mind you, a human being with a killer headache (despite taking 2 different painkillers all the time), 2 constantly beeping ears (one of which is still quite deaf), and alternating between hot and cold (fever is below 38 now but still there), but a human being nevertheless. Progress!

Edit: also, my hair still hurts.

Long time no posting, successfully moved back to the uk. Heading out to Lithuania for business and looks like I will be getting stuck in Helsinki tonight. Anyone up for a beer?

Are you in the business of procuring prostitutes m8?

Staying indoors cause smog fucking immense. PM2.5 is about 700% of our safety norms (and they're very, very liberal vs rest of EU).

Remind me, why do I continue to live in this shithole instead of GTFOing somewhere nice?

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Staying indoors cause smog fucking immense. PM2.5 is about 700% of our safety norms (and they're very, very liberal vs rest of EU).

Remind me, why do I continue to live in this shithole instead of GTFOing somewhere nice?
    Because you dont have any real in demand skills which would allow you to move abroad and live in a life of decent luxury.

Should have studied something useful...

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Not on this trip

Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Not on this trip
    no sheep in lithuania?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkening View Post
    Happy 37th

~ turning 31 later this week, planning on acquiring an ice-cream cake and McDonalds on the day, in celebration of my continued masquerade as an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    and constantly producing incredible amounts of mucus in my head, leading to a double ear infection,
    sure it's all still viral at this point? Not an opportunistic bacterial? By this point I'd be at the GP for a course of antibiotics, but that's me - any ear activity during flu for me is odds-are-likely an opportunistic bacterial trying to nest in my mastoid again - Mastoiditis, not even once.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post

Because you dont have any real in demand skills which would allow you to move abroad and live in a life of decent luxury.

I can fix bikes, heard western EU is big on bikes

But yeah, should've studied something else than linguistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post

I can fix bikes, heard western EU is big on bikes

But yeah, should've studied something else than linguistics.
    For real you could prolly land a job with that in western eu. Maybe some eu institution?
    As for bike fixers maybe? I have no idea if there is any actual demand for that.