hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 101

Thread: a cry for help

  1. #21
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    7,458
    Samuel, you got my gratitude for sticking with this for so long and for what you have done for the community. And I'm sad to hear that you're dealing with issues irl. I really hope things sorts out for you soon m8. Also, thanks for the vote of confidence guys. I didn't really think people thought that way. I'm willing to step up to the task granted Samuel runs me through the current setup. But I leave that decision to him, surely there's other people here that he knows, that is both up to the task and willing to take it on aswell.

    Personally I feel it's important to conserve failheap and keep it running and I'm willing to put a lot of work and time in doing so. If there's anything you need me to do, if it's a small task, or big give me a shout and I'll step up. Coincidentally I have a lot of free time on my hands these days, so it's not a big sacrifice for me.

  2. #22
    Mallet Head Donor 56k Lagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5, 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    3,478
    I like it here mate you did good whatever the next step is for FHC I'll be there to shitpost you can count on me

  3. #23
    Donor cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    14,787
    big ups sam
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    She has gotten a lot less hot now that she isnt Hermione anymore tbh.

  4. #24
    Cortess's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Posts
    4,739
    Bestest of forums from Bestest of owners.

    Hope your situation gets better as soon as possible.

    And even if worse comes to worst and FHC ceases to exist, we'll know it was without ill will.

  5. #25
    tHornton's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    call me the asstrynamer cos im always tryna get that ass
    Posts
    5,316
    Does fhc actually require "a lot of work and time"? Just some semi active moderation to clear the obvious spam bots is all that's needed so we can go back to being bads in piece




  6. #26
    Donor Lorkin Desal's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,476
    Biggest Hugs for everything that you are going though and for everything you have done for this community Sam. Should you ever need to vent, come at me bro.

    If you want my opinion, I'd keep spasm and upgrade Helgur. Because of the shifts I work I'm on at dodgy times of the day, But I do get a lot of time off where I'd be willing to help with anything.

    Big Love

    Lorks
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo
    The evolution of the meme. From shipspinning to meatspinning.

  7. #27
    Administrator EntroX's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    10,982
    first of all id like to thank you guys for your kind words, it means a lot to me

    but there is something i want to make very clear since i think i am giving the wrong impression somewhat, i have no intentions of closing the site or letting it die, i am just sharing my reality with all of you that as i am right now i cannot fulfill what i wanted to do for all of you and that i want to find a way to do so

    mentally and emotionally i cant deal with people right now, it pains me to say so but that is how i feel and its both embarrassing and upsetting that i have let this go on for so long and for that i'm sorry
    need me?, contact me on IRC or via PM

  8. #28
    Mallet Head Donor 56k Lagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5, 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    3,478
    please let it die please

  9. #29
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Anatidae Rising
    Posts
    9,467
    Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    please let it die please
    let yourself die

  10. #30
    Donor Eard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Portland. The weird one.
    Posts
    1,920
    Best of luck working through your issues

    and thanks for everything you've done to keep this (terrible) community together, it's really appreciated.

    long live the reign of helgur, since I have no real input and he seems as good as anyone

  11. #31
    Donor cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    14,787
    Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post
    first of all id like to thank you guys for your kind words, it means a lot to me

    but there is something i want to make very clear since i think i am giving the wrong impression somewhat, i have no intentions of closing the site or letting it die, i am just sharing my reality with all of you that as i am right now i cannot fulfill what i wanted to do for all of you and that i want to find a way to do so

    mentally and emotionally i cant deal with people right now, it pains me to say so but that is how i feel and its both embarrassing and upsetting that i have let this go on for so long and for that i'm sorry
    couple of mods and someone you can trust as admin and we can run it for you, sure spasm has an idea who can help.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    She has gotten a lot less hot now that she isnt Hermione anymore tbh.

  12. #32
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    URINE ALLIANCE
    Posts
    5,128
    Maybe we can somehow sell it to the Chinese or Russian hackers
    Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    - Smarnca if not trolling , is a complete retard

    Quote Originally Posted by Seraph IX Basarab View Post
    In short, you're prime beta.

  13. #33
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    17,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Maybe we can somehow sell it to the Chinese or Russian hackers
    Figured we already had.

    The level of trolling in this thread is quite low. Kinda touching how much we all love the Trox..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  14. #34
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Location
    florida hick land
    Posts
    5,145
    helgur as admin would be nice

    really all we need is more moderators and someone who can appoint then so we can purge the bots with great vengeance and furious anger

    hope you make it through what is troubling you in all seriousness

  15. #35
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland, OOS
    Posts
    25,549
    get well trox

    just remind yourself you dont live in russia

    or iceland
    Quote Originally Posted by tHornton View Post
    as an established and respected member of the community im gnna have to call a veto on helgur
    +1

  16. #36
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Anatidae Rising
    Posts
    9,467
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    get well trox

    just remind yourself you dont live in russia
    RIP Razor.

  17. #37
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    1,375
    Thank you for running the site for so many years entrox and I hope you manage to sort your shit out as amicably as possible.

    I pretty much echo the rest of the people in this thread. Helgur would be a decent admin and if you can give him the power to fully mod and unmod people then he could easily assign willing people to take charge of subforums and purge shit mods. After we have an active admin the forum will keep on trucking for years if you are still wiling to handle hosting.

  18. #38
    Donor Tellenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    15,544
    Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post
    first of all id like to thank you guys for your kind words, it means a lot to me
    Oh shi- I acted human.

    Eat a giant bag of donkey dicks.

    There we go, I feel better.

  19. #39
    The Pube Whisperer Maximillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,166
    Maybe sell the site to the Democrat National Committee? They need a new server.

    Jokes aside EntroX you have managed to create something rare with FHC - a mostly self-moderating and self-supporting online community that has survived the drift away from its initial purpose as an unofficial EvE forum to become a small international community of bads, autists and shitposters who have formed a weird little society.

    Life is far more important however so step away and get things back in order mate.

    And a +1 for helgur as admin/super mod.

  20. #40
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    1,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Maybe sell the site to the Democrat National Committee? They need a new server.

    Jokes aside EntroX you have managed to create something rare with FHC - a mostly self-moderating and self-supporting online community that has survived the drift away from its initial purpose as an unofficial EvE forum to become a small international community of bads, autists and shitposters who have formed a weird little society.

    Life is far more important however so step away and get things back in order mate.

    And a +1 for helgur as admin/super mod.
    All of this, and I would like to thank you, Entrox, for all you have been doing for us. Do not think for a second that you have anything to be sorry for as far as FHC is concerned.

    Edit: If any help is needed I am happy to contribute. I can do sysadmin for something like FHC (although there will be better people on here) and I can manage people/posts as needed.
    Last edited by GeromeDoutrande; January 5 2017 at 11:10:22 AM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •