hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: a cry for help

a cry for help

mentelgen, some of you may have seen this coming but im sorry to disappoint you, its not what you think.

i would much rather avoid making a huge fuzz about it but i think you guys deserve a proper explanation, no real tl;dr will be offered but hopefully i wont really drag this along too far.

as i hinted before and i think spasm did too i'm not doing well personally, i have been going trough some rough times personally and emotionally and as it may seem very obvious to some if not most of you i have been slowly but steadily fading away from the community. i wanted to open FHC with the simple goal of keeping what was left of the SHC community alive, i committed myself to try and have as little impact to it as possible while keeping it running but i have failed to do so. yes the forum works, yes it has room to grow but sadly my situation has affected the personal portion of my commitment and to put it bluntly i cant do it anymore.

you don't have to believe me when i say that i want to keep it running, i really do, but i cant really accept the current situation as full filling the promise i made all of you in the first place which is the reason i am posting this

i want you guys, the community, to help me find someone who can take charge, someone who can and wants to be involved in the day to day situation of the community. i have no issues whatsoever to keep the site itself running, i think i did a fairly decent job setting it up and mechanically its pretty much self sufstaining. economically speaking thanks to the advertisements it almost pays itself, some of you still have ongoing donations that help cover whatever the ad revenue doesnt cover and even tho its been very rare i have paid for it myself and have no issues with continuing to do so. i am just disappointed in myself for not giving you

all of this is coming as i can think of it and it comes from my heart, feel free to mock me or insult me or call me whatever you may but i promise you that no matter what i will do my best to keep the show running

all of you deserved this explanation and hopefully we can figure out a way so we can continue to be

yours,
    Samuel
    need me?, contact me on IRC or via PM

Big Hugs mate.

I can't help more than that, but I'm sure others can. And we really appreciate all your efforts. This is my only consistent online community - thanks.

King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    I really hope that whatever personal situation you are facing resolves itself quickly and happily. You are a true mentlegen and everyone is gay for your D.

Is it too early to put name in the hat?
    Last edited by Jolin; January 4 2017 at 10:33:18 AM.

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    This community and the one before it are what have kept me going through the last few years. SHC/FHC has been a bedrock that i can go away from and come back to when i need it, through this i have meet 3 guys and one sleepy slav who i now consider RL friends.

I want this place to stay up shit posts and all.

+juan for Jolin

Smuggo
    All the forum really needs is a new moderation team. Most of the old ones don't post anymore, so just give a couple of trustworthy people the ability to appoint a new mod team and keep it refreshed as old mods die off.

The only major problem with the forum recently is the spambots but even that seems to have gotten under control, we just need mods there to step in when it becomes a problem again.

It wouldn't hurt to give admin access to an old and trustworthy member who knows his shit around forams.
    Isn't there lots of stuff even global mods can't do ?`

Get well tr0x.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

You've done a fine job dude, it's been up and kept trucking for years without seeming to decay. It's a rock, in a good way.
    It was only the recent evolving spam bots beating the filters that afaik caused any need for more attention.

Go get well, don't worry about this thing, it'll be fine so long as someone can purge spam, and in the worst case get to fully restart the services+apply security updates+delete files.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    It wouldn't hurt to give admin access to an old and trustworthy member who knows his shit around forams.

Get well tr0x.
    Helgur maybe?

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post

Get well tr0x.
    Helgur maybe?
    I vote Smarnca.

Topest Keks
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post
    i want you guys, the community, to help me find someone who can take charge, someone who can and wants to be involved in the day to day situation of the community. i have no issues whatsoever to keep the site itself running, i think i did a fairly decent job setting it up and mechanically its pretty much self sufstaining. economically speaking thanks to the advertisements it almost pays itself, some of you still have ongoing donations that help cover whatever the ad revenue doesnt cover and even tho its been very rare i have paid for it myself and have no issues with continuing to do so.
    Would you be willing to consider selling the site and hardware to someone who will keep it running?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Ask me about midgets Donor Mendolorian Girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post
    mentelgen, some of you may have seen this coming but im sorry to disappoint you, its not what you think.

i would much rather avoid making a huge fuzz about it but i think you guys deserve a proper explanation, no real tl;dr will be offered but hopefully i wont really drag this along too far.

as i hinted before and i think spasm did too i'm not doing well personally, i have been going trough some rough times personally and emotionally and as it may seem very obvious to some if not most of you i have been slowly but steadily fading away from the community. i wanted to open FHC with the simple goal of keeping what was left of the SHC community alive, i committed myself to try and have as little impact to it as possible while keeping it running but i have failed to do so. yes the forum works, yes it has room to grow but sadly my situation has affected the personal portion of my commitment and to put it bluntly i cant do it anymore.

you don't have to believe me when i say that i want to keep it running, i really do, but i cant really accept the current situation as full filling the promise i made all of you in the first place which is the reason i am posting this

i want you guys, the community, to help me find someone who can take charge, someone who can and wants to be involved in the day to day situation of the community. i have no issues whatsoever to keep the site itself running, i think i did a fairly decent job setting it up and mechanically its pretty much self sufstaining. economically speaking thanks to the advertisements it almost pays itself, some of you still have ongoing donations that help cover whatever the ad revenue doesnt cover and even tho its been very rare i have paid for it myself and have no issues with continuing to do so. i am just disappointed in myself for not giving you

all of this is coming as i can think of it and it comes from my heart, feel free to mock me or insult me or call me whatever you may but i promise you that no matter what i will do my best to keep the show running

all of you deserved this explanation and hopefully we can figure out a way so we can continue to be

yours,
    Samuel
    As somebody that's spent the last 9 months nursing my failing company into it's grave and dealing with all the personal issues (shit loads of anxiety) that come along with that, and it meaning I'm incapable of fulfilling promises I'd made elsewhere, as well as my personal projects... I can relate, it sucks to have to hand it off, but you're doing it properly, so mad props.
    irony1
    ˈīrənē/

noun

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Just goes to show how lowbrow the tastes of the British public are.

Ask me about midgets Donor Mendolorian Girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post

Get well tr0x.
    Helgur maybe?
    irony1
    ˈīrənē/

noun

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Just goes to show how lowbrow the tastes of the British public are.

We dont need no stinkin mods!

Also you'll get through your shit Trox and we all wish you well. Things always look bad while you're in them but once you get though it never looks quite so bad looking back.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Good luck with everything you're going through.

call me the asstrynamer cos im always tryna get that ass
    as an established and respected member of the community im gnna have to call a veto on helgur

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by tHornton View Post
    as an established and respected member of the community im gnna have to call a veto on helgur
    Can I count on your support for Team Smarnca?

best wishes
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Take car of you and yours m8ers. Just give needed controls to someone only vaguely dumb and we'll shitpost from there.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Samuel, you got my gratitude for sticking with this for so long and for what you have done for the community. And I'm sad to hear that you're dealing with issues irl. I really hope things sorts out for you soon m8. Also, thanks for the vote of confidence guys. I didn't really think people thought that way. I'm willing to step up to the task granted Samuel runs me through the current setup. But I leave that decision to him, surely there's other people here that he knows, that is both up to the task and willing to take it on aswell.

Personally I feel it's important to conserve failheap and keep it running and I'm willing to put a lot of work and time in doing so. If there's anything you need me to do, if it's a small task, or big give me a shout and I'll step up. Coincidentally I have a lot of free time on my hands these days, so it's not a big sacrifice for me.