hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: a cry for help

Damn I'm late.

o7 Entrox, you've done more than we've deserved.

Who the fuck can handle this heap now?!
    Coming soon(tm).

<3 Entrox.

If Trox can keep the site up (i.e. pay the hosting. reaping the advert rev.) all FHC needs for a self-sustaining future is:

1. A few decent Mods.

Done, problems all solved tbqh.

And our community has no shortage on decent, mature (enough), regulars to fill that role.
    "Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong." Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Missed this one.... I know from personal experience paying for hosting sucks a big fat one never mind the time investment involved with administering a site and dealing with people. Why not close this down and let others pay for the hosting and time? Set up a board on one of the chans or migrate to the redditsphere?

King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spitroast View Post
    Missed this one.... I know from personal experience paying for hosting sucks a big fat one never mind the time investment involved with administering a site and dealing with people. Why not close this down and let others pay for the hosting and time? Set up a board on one of the chans or migrate to the redditsphere?
    Hosting charges haven't been a problem for a while. The ads on the site + the donations that he got have been bankrolling it and iirc there's enough funds there to keep this site going for the forseeable future.

That leaves the problem of administering the site itself (we could use some mods for that), and some coders if any changes to the site are needed (I think hels or some other person had done some stuff before). Oh and also someone with the authority to pursue the hosting company if on the rare occasion they've shat their pants (which I think Entrox has passed the baton to someone)

I think that covers everything

Hope things get better soon 'Trox.

I'm happy to help ban spambots, and I know enough to set up a cron job to ban Xeno annually. (I wouldn't do that though, it would be mean. But if you give me database access I'll set up a job to set his postcount to 0 every 5 minutes. )

In all seriousness, I'd make a poor mod. I don't browse enough of the forum to see much, so I'd rely on reports. The less-trafficked areas would probably fill with spam for months on end.