hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Discord Server is up

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Dark "mouthbreathing over hot mic on comms again" Flare refuses to push to talk like a civilized human being?
    My mic doesn't pick up my breathing because I set it up properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Smuggo
    Push to talk all the way. No matter how good your voice activation might be people will always sometimes hear your heavy nerd breathing, disgusting eating noises, dog barking or you talking to your spastic wife. That shit is jarring.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Push to talk all the way. No matter how good your voice activation might be people will always sometimes hear your heavy nerd breathing, disgusting eating noises, dog barking or you talking to your spastic wife. That shit is jarring.
    shit microphone or shit settings

eating noises make me want to stab people, and the TS server I run has voice activation on (except for one bloke who has 4 kids and a screamy wife). Other people have temporarily lost voice activation rights for having it set up wrong.

EDIT: I mean I also have a button bound to mic mute for if I need to suddenly hoover my knob or something
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post
    Dark "mouthbreathing over hot mic on comms again" Flare refuses to push to talk like a civilized human being?
    My mic doesn't pick up my breathing because I set it up properly.
    MY AUTISM IS STRONGER THAN TECHNOLOGY
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Smuggo

eating noises make me want to stab people, and the TS server I run has voice activation on (except for one bloke who has 4 kids and a screamy wife). Other people have temporarily lost voice activation rights for having it set up wrong.

EDIT: I mean I also have a button bound to mic mute for if I need to suddenly hoover my knob or something
    My memories of snuff were of constant dork flare heavy breathing on comms.

>implying I ever played EVE after Snuff dropped their standards and let you in

Smuggo

errr mate I was co-CEO of one of the most prestigious corps in Gallente FW, Anatidae Rising.

i mean you let Perunga in. He was a leading figure in Snuffed out. Cant argue at the dropping of standards there tbh.

Me and smuggo brought skill and dashing handsomeness and honour and quality posting and then Snuff gave Jen power. really was the end then tbh
    fuckin' Jen Autistiarty

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Even I was invited to snuff once. Makes you drink

Anyhow, my experience with voice activation has been overly negative. I never used it, but all of the people that I know used it on the myriad of different TS servers I've been on has had their voice activated unintended. Especially when they are typing on their keyboards. <CLICKCLICKCLICK> "someone's mikes open again"

<CLICKCLICKCLICK>

"SOMEONES MIKE IS OPEN"

<CLICKCLICK TAP TAP TAP CLICK>

"GOD FUCKING DAMMIT WHO HAS VOICE ACTIVATION SET"

*long pause*

<CLICKCLICKCLICK TAP CLICK TAP CLICKCLICKTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTACLICKCLICKCLICK>

Doesn't matter if it works for people with proper microphones, when 90% of the userbase of teamspeak don't have proper microphones. If it's useless because of the users, or useless by design doesn't matter. It's useless regardless unless you get people proper setups. And since that never happens IT'S USELESS.

voice activation ironically is for mouth breathers

I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

i just alt+/ (mute) my mic i'f im not going to talk or if there is sonic debris incoming like my horny cats
    alternatively, in fleets for example, i only unmute if i have to talk
    i have honed this to perfection

voice activation is perfectly fine if you are not a retard with a shitty mic

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post

Anyhow, my experience with voice activation has been overly negative. I never used it, but all of the people that I know used it on the myriad of different TS servers I've been on has had their voice activated unintended. Especially when they are typing on their keyboards. <CLICKCLICKCLICK> "someone's mikes open again"

<CLICKCLICKCLICK>

"SOMEONES MIKE IS OPEN"

*long pause*

Doesn't matter if it works for people with proper microphones, when 90% of the userbase of teamspeak don't have proper microphones. If it's useless because of the users, or useless by design doesn't matter. It's useless regardless unless you get people proper setups. And since that never happens IT'S USELESS.
    That's not ts3s problem though.

<CLICKCLICKCLICK>

"SOMEONES MIKE IS OPEN"

*long pause*

That's the founder (and first FC ofc) of our corp.

Except that he's the one furiously doing the typing, while commanding the fleet over voice comms and flying his ship, too. He got bonus points for using a proper keyboard (read: produces some decent "click" sounds, think old IBM keyboards).

I dunno, it seems to happen if you have a small-ish community and a jumped up prick as a Server Admin (me).

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    why do people even bother arguing with Dark?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Boredom?

I guess everyone needs a hobby and it could possibly count as one.

i dunno what ts servers u losers hang out on but i very rarely experience open mic mouthbreathing. if that does happen, normally i or someone else will tell em to put a sock in it!
    MAX damage posting

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    i dunno what ts servers u losers hang out on but i very rarely experience open mic mouthbreathing. if that does happen, normally i or someone else will tell em to put a sock in it!
    You tell 'em manto!

Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    It's baffling that anyone would argue with anybody over this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    [img]http://orig14.deviantart.net/351d/f/2015/121/c/0/_cover_zing__krul_tepes_by_skanantene-d8rqmf5.png[/img]