hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [SECRET SANTA] Unboxing thread

[SECRET SANTA] Unboxing thread

Since we Germans are impatient and unsocial we celebrate Christmas with our immediate family on Christmas Eve rather than boxing day.

I got a lovely present by Tekai. At least that's what the box said, but within I found presents by both Tekai and Tyrehl.

Efficiently packed.

Labeled and hipster wrapped.

One not-wrapped present. Critical inefficency. Shameful display!

The presents in all their glory:

One Star Wars toy.

One bottle of Korn fro Hamburg, a very typical German spirit.

One pack of sweets from Hamburg, didn't crack it open yet to comment on it.

Two bottles of craft beer from Hamburg.

And tbqfh the most amazing gift: a bottle of Rakija from Tyrehl's grandfather.

Thanks a lot guys!
    Last edited by Joe Appleby; December 25 2016 at 06:28:38 AM.
    nevar forget

Id edit your post Joe... Hide the rl names...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Id edit your post Joe... Hide the rl names...
    Thanks. I blame the delicious Shiraz I had with my dad.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

I have to start by saying I'm sorry my gift wasn't this varied, otoh I'll make sure next year I'm presenting with a bit more variety. Also, all this made me really happy overall, so thank you for that everybody.

Without further delay, the unboxenings :3

Appreciation for the Minmatar engineering :3

lotsa packaging stuffs and we can see the gud stuffs

Banana jellies in chocolate, my favourite (you dude are the ultimate stalker, I don't think I ever mentioned this). Ginger biscuits are top notch as well, I suppose nobody can dislike those :3

Marcipan, Hells yes, my friend <3

Danish ale, didn't open any of them yet though, expecting good stuffs :3

British ale, have no clue, not a drinker usually but I enjoy a good pint so having good expectations

Piece de resistance imho

Mate, I swear this is one of the best things I've got in ages. Thank you. I'm still looking for a frame, though.

Happy Christmas, people. This whole thing actually managed to make this period nicer for me and I really appreciate it <3
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

Cosmin m8. Why do you paint your nails black? Thats a bit gay m8.

Also that "Danish ale" might put some hair to your chest if you just pour it in a pint and have a go https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akvavit

I got an unboxing! Also to my target, I'm so sorry the damn thing didn't get in there time, I will apologise even more profusely when you do get it (but I hope the contents make you happy!).

So, I got a box from a fellow Londoner in the mail with some goodies in it (not showing top of box due to ADDRESS):

Spoiler:

Looks neat! Carefully extracting the goodies from the filler and we have:

Spoiler:

That's some *very* nice wrapping paper, do like! It appears that additional layers of wrapping must be conquered, and thus we get to:

Spoiler:

Time to open those packages, one at a time! First up:

Spoiler:

ZOMG, ferrofluid display?! After clubbing my kids unconscious as they frothed at the mouth about as equally as I did as geeks, I safely tucked this in the office to play with later. Pesky kids.

On to the next:
      Spoiler:

Oooh, a nice notebook, ideal for work. We get crappy black ones, this is more stylish!

Next one is the small one, do wonder:
      Spoiler:

A nice stylo to go with the notebook, duly appreciated!

Last but never least, hard to guess what this might be:

Spoiler:

Vodka! And a brand I don't have at home yet, we got a cocktail making kit somewhere, this might be needed now.

There is also the card, which is a very nice card and reveals our Santa as none other than Djan:

Spoiler:

Super, super thanks for those gifts. No need to apologise, they are spot on and I'll enjoy all of them, especially now that the kids are unconscious for a bit.

Location: My Genolution 'Auroral' AU-79, inside a Macharial, some docking bay, Sujarento VIII - Moon 1 - Republic Security Services Assembly Plant, Sujarento (Naught point three), Isoma Constellation, The Citadel (Caldari State), New Eden, Eve Online, Tranquility, some servers in a datacenter, London, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol system, the Milky Way, Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Universe, (potentially) the Multiverse

Pics go the wrong way around, I blame imgur.

As compensation, here is a picture - likely flipped again - of a fully bacon wrapped 12 person turkey that we - 5 of us - must somehow eat:
      Spoiler:

Location: My Genolution 'Auroral' AU-79, inside a Macharial, some docking bay, Sujarento VIII - Moon 1 - Republic Security Services Assembly Plant, Sujarento (Naught point three), Isoma Constellation, The Citadel (Caldari State), New Eden, Eve Online, Tranquility, some servers in a datacenter, London, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol system, the Milky Way, Local Group, the Virgo Supercluster, the Universe, (potentially) the Multiverse

Good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    I got an unboxing! Also to my target, I'm so sorry the damn thing didn't get in there time, I will apologise even more profusely when you do get it (but I hope the contents make you happy!).

So, I got a box from a fellow Londoner in the mail with some goodies in it (not showing top of box due to ADDRESS):

Spoiler:

Looks neat! Carefully extracting the goodies from the filler and we have:

Spoiler:

That's some *very* nice wrapping paper, do like! It appears that additional layers of wrapping must be conquered, and thus we get to:

Spoiler:

Time to open those packages, one at a time! First up:

Spoiler:

ZOMG, ferrofluid display?! After clubbing my kids unconscious as they frothed at the mouth about as equally as I did as geeks, I safely tucked this in the office to play with later. Pesky kids.

On to the next:
      Spoiler:

Oooh, a nice notebook, ideal for work. We get crappy black ones, this is more stylish!

Next one is the small one, do wonder:
      Spoiler:

A nice stylo to go with the notebook, duly appreciated!

Last but never least, hard to guess what this might be:

Spoiler:

Vodka! And a brand I don't have at home yet, we got a cocktail making kit somewhere, this might be needed now.

There is also the card, which is a very nice card and reveals our Santa as none other than Djan:

Spoiler:

Super, super thanks for those gifts. No need to apologise, they are spot on and I'll enjoy all of them, especially now that the kids are unconscious for a bit.

Glad you liked them Rami, Happy Christmas

The second set of hands in the pictures which have the nails painted belong to a lovely representative of the female species who is my gf. And it's not black, they look black because of that light, it's actually a really dark purple that in intense sunlight appears blue :3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Six shooters ruined PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    The second set of hands in the pictures which have the nails painted belong to a lovely representative of the female species who is my gf. And it's not black, they look black because of that light, it's actually a really dark purple that in intense sunlight appears blue :3

M8 stop lying. We dont judge if you want to paint it black.

Banana jellies in chocolate, my favourite (you dude are the ultimate stalker, I don't think I ever mentioned this). Ginger biscuits are top notch as well, I suppose nobody can dislike those :3
    90% luck
    I bought the banana jelllies because they are made locally only 20'ish km from where I live.
    I wanted to send some danish traditions, and ginger biscuits are part of it.

Danish ale, didn't open any of them yet though, expecting good stuffs :3
    Hue hue hue. That was partly a prank gift.
    In DK, around Christmas (starting with Nov, until Jan.) people get together for Julefrokost. And part of that tradition is to drink warm shitty akvavit with fish.

Please record yourself drinking it and post result

Mate, I swear this is one of the best things I've got in ages. Thank you. I'm still looking for a frame, though.
    Happy Christmas, people. This whole thing actually managed to make this period nicer for me and I really appreciate it <3
    Glad you like it.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Movember 2012Donor
    Woo, presents!
      Spoiler:

A blurry box with bubble wraps!

Spoiler:

Nice, candy AND more presents. Must be chri*
    Ahem

Spoiler:

Chocolates, cookies and magic-nerdery. Awesome

I didnt find a note in the box, so I've no idea who sent this. But thanks a lot, this is great
    (The cookies are so good. God damn)

First of all i would like to apologize to my secret santa target for not receiving a gift. Our postal service just sucks and maybe I've sent it a bit too late too. I'll shower you with reps everytime you post <3

And now the presents. This box came from a land far far away

Spoiler:

After opening the box the first thing I saw was this postcard
      Spoiler:

Under the postcard there were some neat presents!

Tasmanian leatherwood honey which is delicious, a beautifull marble, crocoite mineral and I think some sort of rings? Or am I wrong? There was also a Hawks football team keyring which looks great and is already on my keys, big map of tasmania, a tourist guide and Port Arthur pamphlet. All this stuff makes me wanna go there
      Spoiler:

Thanks Grendelfreak I like it a lot!

I'm sorry for the photo quality but my phone camera is really dirty
    Last edited by Smarnca; December 25 2016 at 02:09:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    - Smarnca if not trolling , is a complete retard

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph IX Basarab View Post
    In short, you're prime beta.

This was my first secret santa, and I think I failed, because I didn't properly wrap stuff for unboxing, so my target already opened stuff when it arrived. I'm also not bothering to take pictures, so fail again. I did get a hatch green chile salsa set, not sure if we have any New Mexico posters here, but I remember arguing about whether or not hatch green chile existed, so may be reference to that.

My roommate and I had some green chile on our eggs and hashbrowns (with bacon) was tasty.

Merry Christmas everybody
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

You're welcome Smarnca.

They are indeed rings, they were for sale in a strange 2nd hand store attached to where they made those marbles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.

A wild box from the UK arrived a while back. It was placed under the tree of holding.

Today, I tackled it.

The outside of the box contained names and addresses, so to throw the CIA off my trail, I won't be posting that.
    The bottom of the box had another sticker.
      Spoiler:

RIP

The contents...
      Spoiler:

Air pocket packaging. I begin to fear what may have spilled when the USPS play full contact handegg with them at the depot.

A hand scribed note.
      Spoiler:

Cheers mate. I hope you had a great one too.

Mmm. Goodies.
      Spoiler:

Yay. Proper fudge... Americans insist on adding chocolate to it. Its NOT fudge. This is. And, what are basically fancy crunchies, which were a chocolate bar of choice in South Africa, so these are literally so perfect and remind me of home so much its not true. Awesome. Perfect.

What could this be?

Spoiler:

My body is ready.

Oh shi...
      Spoiler:

Eastern Bloc Alchohol!!! Soon I too will be drowning my crushing existential despair in what appears to prune flavored Romanian moonshine.

I sent my Romanian bro a pic of this and he told me his granddad used to make this in the back yard, and to take it slow, so... This will be cracked in the coming days. Nice one.

A close up of the decorative skin.
      Spoiler:

Sweet. Thanks so much Cosmin. Awesome. Nothing failed, that's all in your own head. This was perfect. Thanks. Merry Christmas.
    meh

Package from the States, I suspect form a scandinavian american (??!!!) with treats, chocolates and.
    Well.
    You know what you did.
    Photos later if i remember.
    Wife and I are amazed, confounded and slightly disgusted in a wholesome europeean way
    gg. wp.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

[SECRET SANTA] Unboxing thread

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

A close up of the decorative skin.
      Spoiler:

Actually the reindeers were added by me before I sent the package. Glad you liked it and ffs my handwriting is cringe worthy there, I need to practice my calligraphy more

Also, that thing is not prune flavoured, it's made of prunes. It tastes like fire and brimstone:3

Last edited by Cosmin; December 26 2016 at 05:17:10 PM.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.