hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: [TMA] How to fly solo

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel47 View Post
    My fit is superior, replace the shield rig with a SMC and you get the same cap life.

But even then, 1 min and 30 seconds of everything running is plenty of cap.
    No it really is not, if you do that the cap is still worse, the tank is worse then as well and you still do less dps 8so it then is bad in all that matters). Also, where did you get the idea that 1min30 is plenty? Unless you do something like :highsecpvp: (which i doubt, your fits arent perfect but they arent god awefull) 1min30 is terrible, there is no way to fight any kind of gang in that which is btw the same reason vagas dont fit invuls (and cynabals with invuls are failfit).

And again, take it to the stabber thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Which lowsec areas are good for solo roaming in cruiser/battlecruiser hulls? I've been flying in nullsec a fair bit but getting tired of bubbles camped by recons all over the place. Derelik seems fairly decent at a glance as does Metropolis.

Any suggestions as to which bc/cruiser hulls are good to fly? Thoraxes look fun but seem to only have a very limited scope for engagement. I have good projectile and hybrid skills and I am working on missile skills at the moment. How viable are armour rep battlecruisers/cruisers? I took a dual rep brutix out recently but got murdered by the first gang I saw when a curse arrived and left me useless -_-
    Derelik has a bunch of t3 roaming about and when you think you will get a gf a cyno will drop on you

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel47 View Post
    My fit is superior, replace the shield rig with a SMC and you get the same cap life.

But even then, 1 min and 30 seconds of everything running is plenty of cap.
    No it really is not, if you do that the cap is still worse, the tank is worse then as well and you still do less dps 8so it then is bad in all that matters). Also, where did you get the idea that 1min30 is plenty? Unless you do something like :highsecpvp: (which i doubt, your fits arent perfect but they arent god awefull) 1min30 is terrible, there is no way to fight any kind of gang in that which is btw the same reason vagas dont fit invuls (and cynabals with invuls are failfit).

And again, take it to the stabber thread.
    Ah, so you get to post fits and argue but everybody else has to take it to the stabber thread?

With your fit, you pay 20 extra mil on a tech 1 cruiser to gain a whopping: 5 seconds of more cap, and 8 more DPS, worse tracking, less tank, worse resist distribution (0% em, 20% thermal, just asking to be raped by scorch)

two ancillary current routers is fail fit mate, esp with all the poor stats you gain by using them. If you are really that worried about 5 seconds of cap, take the 20mil you save by fitting smart and buy yourself an implant or two.

ok, so help me out
    trying to get into a game, but the state of people playing it kills it for me every. fucking. time.

camps. ganks. everywhere. some i manage to run away from, some not.
    you can't even barge in a random plex without some friends hopping in and ruining my day.
    i haven't had a good fight... forever. every singly one ends up with be getting ass raped.
    so.
    where should i go and what should i do? (except get and alt/pimp implants/mods)
    i looking for corp, to fly with people, but solo was kind of my thing back in the days.

Now, i am shit after all this time, but i haven't really had the chance to fail as i get blobbed whatever i do...
    getting really annoyed and... that bitter taste is getting back like a tsunami. remembering why i stopped playing
    Last edited by shoki; July 15 2013 at 10:32:53 AM.
    ingame: AntonioBanderas
    Detecting epic potential, expecting epic fail.
    Ah yes, the fork: The poor man's trident
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer
    I fucking hate Steven Hawking. Smug little faggot with his stupid chariot

RvB??

Are you just trying 1 thing solo, e.g. brawling rather than kiting, or a mix and nothing's working/fun?
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

trying to mix it up, as one thing fails, i try another.
    i really DO have a LOOOOOT of ground to cover, i am utterly shit after all the time.
    but it really pisses me off that i either get ganked or get in a fight with a 14km scram rifter or some such shit
    meh, just venting.

Instead of just going for honabru 1v1s in lowsec which can often be frustrating. You try going to nullsec to dunk tacklers of camps and fleets. If you swing by syndicate you can visit 6-c which is permacamped, eza home of eve-uni, vestouve which has bni and b-d which is the current staging system of cfc in the current sov war.

https://zkillboard.com/character/195872744/ have a look to see all the fun im having in eve. If you arent having fun in eve you`re probably bad at eve. Please better yourself.

good point, thanks
    i was thinking of honing my skills a bit in t1 frig combat, but i guess i'll take an inty and check 0.0 out

thanks !

do both, theres plenty of action in low sec but its mostly around FW gates these days, null sec has more.... traditional styles of play, but is mostly empty (as always).

Inty / whatever for null.. AF, Dessie or T1 frigs for low. Dont waste faction frigs (possibly not tech II either) on low sec dicks with links.
    Last edited by Lady Spank; July 17 2013 at 02:18:40 PM.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

The issue with FW is that the more popular combat systems typically have stacked warfare links in towers for both sides, plus the local pirate presence. FW is very popular for linked players as they don't have to move around their links and create more safe spots, complexes provide a lot of security from blabbing, and they get to choose the size of the ship fighting them. Unless you design your fit to counter linked ships (typically kiting, so flying with mwd/scram/web brawlers, slingshoting into range), it's a good idea to avoid these kind of systems for ~good fights~ altogether.

FW still is a great area to look for fights, but the better, more "fair" fights I've received are in the in between areas, or during off peak hours when the combat hubs aren't covered in stacked warfare links.

The best counter to camps I can give to a true solo pilot is to learn where they typically operate, and avoid those gates. Even after the remote sensor booster nerf, they're virtually just as capable at catching even frigates with RSB'd cruisers.

Wonder if anyone even reads this section
    So TMA soloing in eve in autumn 2015.

I'm at a point now where i can fly p. much anything sub-cap at all V ( except Marauders, Black Ops and some T3 subsystems); i'm still not willing to drag a link alt around because honestly it just ruins my gameplay.
    However every damn time i even open EFT to try and come up with a ship/fit i'd like to fly solo that isnt massively expensive i just end up not bothering.
    Right now to me 0.0 feels way worse for actuall soloing than ever before. Like 90% of ships i look at in EFT seem way too weak without full links for what they'll have to deal with.

For anything larger than a frigate you either have to deal with comparatively large gangs w/ force multiplication/Logi/Ewar making kiting/overpropping and thus links mandatory OR you have to spend countless hours searching for genuine lesser organized/inexperienced groups which wont blob you to shit immediately.
    There are a couple of FoTM exceptions, but they are waay to pricey to lose regularly.
    I mean if i have to do a Pith X-Type LSB Gila w/ mid-grade Crystals just to have a half-decent chance of a cool fight something is wrong, no?

Brawling seems completely out of the question, because with larger ships people automatically assume you have force multiplication and adjust accordingly.
    I mean i had a look at the Hyperion - the ubertank battleship, right? It tanks something like 1.4k cold on top of massive cap problems if even one medium neut is in play (if you fit an MJD which on a solo BS you cant really opt out of) - thats like 2 Tier3 BCs worth of damage. Even worse with command ships.

Fozziesov is supposed to be the smallscale PvPers dream, not for solo either. Fitting an Entosis Link to provoke fights is nice and all, but again means you have to overprop (and still die in a fire when a single Rapier enters grid) which means you need links.

I honestly may give lowsec a look or just take a break from eve alltogether...
    Last edited by n0th; September 7 2015 at 10:01:21 AM.

Nullsec is probably best suited to small gang at the moment. Solo in lowsec is fairly decent but I've been flying with a couple of others instead of solo because it's more fun and opens up more options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Even duo opens up so many more options, it's surely a net win in fun:effort. You still get plenty of opportunities to be the only guy (left) on grid vs everything.
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Nullsec roaming 100 jump routes (fast) still seems to be the most enjoyable true solo PVP for me.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

This thread realy needs a 2017 update. :]