hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 30707778798081 LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1612

Thread: Battletech

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Sounds like you are running into the problem everyone else is: Autocannons just arent balanced very well, in terms of damage per tonnage they are half as efficient or less than lasers. Mech variants dont really have much significance past the hardpoint limits, so any chassis that cant fit lots of lasers and an SRM or two is simply inferior.

However, the Griffin really shouldnt be a bad chassis, because it can fit exactly what you would want. My late-game comps consist of a Griffin with max jumpjets speedtanking everything, and a bunch of big boats taking potshots.

If it really bothers you, try a rebalance mod. Especially the ones adding mech quirks add a lot of possible variation.
    With addons? Because UAC2++ +damage are stupid good. They make Blackjack you start with able to solo walk campaign if you know how to play around turn system.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Sounds like you are running into the problem everyone else is: Autocannons just arent balanced very well, in terms of damage per tonnage they are half as efficient or less than lasers. Mech variants dont really have much significance past the hardpoint limits, so any chassis that cant fit lots of lasers and an SRM or two is simply inferior.

However, the Griffin really shouldnt be a bad chassis, because it can fit exactly what you would want. My late-game comps consist of a Griffin with max jumpjets speedtanking everything, and a bunch of big boats taking potshots.

If it really bothers you, try a rebalance mod. Especially the ones adding mech quirks add a lot of possible variation.
    With addons? Because UAC2++ +damage are stupid good. They make Blackjack you start with able to solo walk campaign if you know how to play around turn system.
    ACs stats are one of the original sins of TT balance. If I were to go back and re-do it I'd make each AC weight half its rating (i.e. an AC 2 weighs only 1 ton - you'd have to up mg damage to compensate). ACs are already cursed with greater size, ammo problems, and recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenar Rumanev View Post

ACs stats are one of the original sins of TT balance. If I were to go back and re-do it I'd make each AC weight half its rating (i.e. an AC 2 weighs only 1 ton - you'd have to up mg damage to compensate). ACs are already cursed with greater size, ammo problems, and recoil.
    And the risk of ammo detonation. AC's are front line weapons, along with SRM.
    While LRM platforms can be put in the back with little risk of going boom.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by Alenar Rumanev View Post

Everyone agrees. Vanilla AC2 are waste of tonnage you drop. On the other hand in this game UAC2++ +damage are godlike. You can squeeze 4 of them on medium chasis by stripping armor, range advantage allows you to do so and they murder everything. Nothing reaches that far with that kind of damage/t.
    Last edited by rufuske; May 3 2022 at 01:21:42 AM.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    How it feels when finally you see a King Crab in the wild after hundreds of missions:

How it feels when you headshot it on the first try with dual PPCs:

How it feels when you can only claim two pieces of salvage, leaving you with 7/8 parts for a DAKKA King Crab:
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Stalker and King Crab are finally ready for missions. Fitted 4 SRM6s, 2 PPCs, and max armor to the Stalker, but didn't like the cooling, so I downgraded to large lasers. It puts out an incredible amount of damage and stays cool. I'm glad I fit it this way.

King Crab is fit with dual AC/20s, 2 MLs, and a SRM6, with max armor. Haven't fielded it yet, curious how it will do. No DAKKA DAKKA, that's a MWO and MW5 thing.

Acquired a Highlander 733. Followed a guide's suggestion and fit 2 MLs, 2 LRM15s, and DFA equipment. This should be interesting.

Current lance: PPC Marauder, PPC Warhammer, laserboat Awesome, SRM/ML Stalker. So toasty, but so good.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

I love my Highlander 732B, I strongly believe it is one of the, if not the best mech in the game!

With 65.5 tons out of the 90 available and with good enough mobility WITH jump jets.
    3*HGN-732B + MAD-3D helped me understand the LRM spam is bad. Gauss + Snub PPC + ER M Laser + SRM6 for fun.

But the team's marauder is the real hero mech / killer beast, downs as many mechs on it's own in a mission as the 3*HGNs combined.

Com System+++ for resolve gain, Lance command mod, TTS+++ for the +3 accuracy for energy weapons, 4* large lasers+++ (+10 damage & +3 accuracy ) -> a successful headhunt every turn.
    I even equipped a Rangefinder+++ on one of the HGNs so the MADlad's lasers can headshot King Crabs & Atlases before they can even start firing at me.

I tried the UAC20++ but I wasn't really happy with the results. So I benched them.

I'm quite enjoying the updated mods.

Mech quirks is so cool, finally we have some uniqueness to mech chassis. Not to mention, honors the lore!

Pilot bonuses to running same mech, which is logical. Sucks when they are injured and you have to run a temporary.

Two more years to go for more mechs and versions to become available.

Which mod? BEX?

Battletech Extended 3025 – Commander’s Edition 1.9.3.7 version.
    (+ Mandatory ModTek & Community Assets Bundle)

BEX had it since big map update few years ago. Yeah, mods for this game are brilliant.

Cool, i hadnt updated in ages (or played for that matter). Time for a fresh run!

Cool, i hadnt updated in ages (or played for that matter). Time for a fresh run!
    Try BTA, author updates it much more often.

EVERY new career I play, when I get a full Banshee I'm happy.
    I mean, how bad could a 95tonner be? Certainly a upgrade over the Orions I want to phase out?

WRONG!
    This 'Mech have no redeeming factors, except I can sell it for 1m credits.
    Boxing version? 2x upgraded arm mods?
    Getting kinda obsessed over making a good Banshee.

The charm is in how shit it is. The 3053 variant is just another Highlander.

Well, that's one hell of a bug.

Just finished doing Defense: Panzyr (the APC spam one) and managed to complete all objectives on my second try. Flawless victory, no mech made it to structure. Submit 4 work orders, then check mission list. Priority mission was Defense: Panzyr.

Uhhhh...

Check savegames, see an auto-save that is post mission. Load it. It shows as pre-mission.

No thanks, I won't continue.

This a very chaotic but easy to do when you know what to do.
    Send the Highlander up to save those folks.

Here you want to use Multi Targeting to chip off Evasion of those small shit lights. And 4th mech to nuke it with precision shot (4x LL w/dmg bonus).
    While it is a desert planet, laser's your only option here. I was sporting 2x Gauss Rifles that make mince meat of all opposition.

Here you want to use Multi Targeting to chip off Evasion of those small shit lights. And 4th mech to nuke it with precision shot (4x LL w/dmg bonus).
    While it is a desert planet, laser's your only option here. I was sporting 2x Gauss Rifles that make mince meat of all opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

My strategy was different.

MAD-3R with PPCs was sent marching up the hill, blasting the APC, Wolverine and Jenner. Had no problem arriving in time to stop the APC from reaching the barracks.
    WHM-6R with PPCs supported MAD from ground level for 2-3 rounds, then sent southwest to counter the APCs that spawn in. MAD + WHM had enough stability damage to knock down the Wolverine early.
    HGN-733 with 2x LL and 2x LRM15 was sent north to engage APCs and JJ around, using the buildings as cover.
    HGN-732B played defense, intially supporting the other HGN, then moving southwest to support WHM. Oddly, JJing to the top of the small peak only served to attract fire.

Everything soaked up a lot of damage, but once the APCs were dead and the turrets were online, it was easy to mop things up. Except for the Jenner and 1-2 Commandos that dared to approach me, I think I ignored the light mechs entirely until the turrets were up.
    Last edited by Nordstern; June 4 2022 at 11:00:27 AM.