hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ... 206067686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1455

Thread: Battletech

It supposedly adds a mini-campaign flashpoint-style, where you get to fight the Bounty Hunter and the Black Widow. No other mention of FPs though. In other news, a new version of Roguetech is out and people claim it has a massive performance improvement, but I have not tried it yet.

Well, maybe mod support will make modding in more FPs easier. The full IS map is kinda wasted when they only spawn in the old corner.

Urban Warfare added several new Flash Points, I'm sure Heavy Metal will carry on.
    Flash Points are awesome, some have really hilarious stories.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

watching Mitch Gitelman being salty over how basically everybody but him over at HBS have canonical representations after Battletech got made canon (it's story anyway) never stops being amusing.

he's only been doing Mech games since Mechcommander, he does a Lets Play over at Paradox every now and then and it makes me look competent tbh.

Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

And its out, restarting vanilla with a heavy heart.

Some welcome performance fixes, lets see if they work as intended. Mod support means a mod loader interface, no workshop integration that i can see yet tho; still have to go to Nexus / discords.

Added map filters, lostech buff. Not sure what that means yet, we'll see. Overall it feels like a decent package, if its worth the price depends on the quality of the flashpoint campaign. Ill still miss fatigue mechanics and ramping XP, so hopefully mods catch up soon.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; November 21 2019 at 07:10:21 PM.

restarting with the campaign, because why the fuck not ?

downgraded the Blackjack to a Assassin, the Shadowhawk to a Cicada 2A and the Vindicator to a Locust 1M for lulz, playing 5pc too

oh, and flashpoints are enabled along with full travel after you get the argo, because, why not ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Im doing 4p / heavy opposition / slow XP, the rest is default. No need to punish myself. Flashpoints right away might mess with the pacing, but then again without fatigue you can smash through planets quickly anyways.

counterpoint : the Raven is basically useless later on in the weight-curve, same goes for the Hatchetman, by the time im done with the Campaign i am literately rocking 2 SLDF assaults.

i am playing with very slow XP and rare experienced pilots myself, it makes the game harder, but also pilots more valuable.
    Viking, n.:

Fair point, i havent really used the Raven ever since the tonnage didnt seem worth it. But that was with BEX version of ECM (if that makes a difference).

did the base game change at all, or are any improvements via DLC? kind of enjoyed the campaign at first release, but can't see myself playing it again as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    did the base game change at all, or are any improvements via DLC? kind of enjoyed the campaign at first release, but can't see myself playing it again as is.
    there is a lot of new mission profiles, new mechs and of course flashpoints.
    Viking, n.:

If since release means literally since 1.0, then the skills also have been rebalanced (although the skill system hasnt been completely reworked), and the AI has vastly improved.

Writing's still shit though

FYI, the sneaky gits went in and updated the restoration campaign here and there.
    Viking, n.:

Power creeeeep. Had LBX-2 in the store right in the starting system, switched them out on the Blackjack. Straight upgrade, + HS + upped the armor. In a similar vein, the new heavy mechs are simply best in class. Apparently the Behemoth has 4/6/4 movement with the open tonnage of 3/5/3 ?

After being used to somewhat drawn out engagements in BEX, getting back to headshot sniping and one-turn blaps is a bit jarring.

Still like it overall, but mods need to catch up for it to be great.

you mean the bullshark ?

it's supposedly a Golden century era mech putting it in between early generation omnis (Timber Wolf/Mad Cat being a notable example) and SLDF tech.
    Viking, n.:

Oh derp, yeah. So i guess its an XL mech without the XL engine crit penalty. As i said, power creep.

e: any handy resource to see which shop attribute means which stock? Im greedy for those UAC/5's.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; November 23 2019 at 06:54:51 PM.

So after having played a dozen missions or two, still like it. Since shops are now predictable, the game revolves much more about money than loot. Sure, i could have had an Archer by now if i had legged one, or i could have saved up everything ive ever gotten and outright bought an Annihilator. Instead i went for all the LosTech i could find, head mods and advanced autocannons. Those are FINALLY worth the weight.

There have also been some sneaky buffs to leveling piloting, you get some hit defense and melee defense at around 5/6. Evasion tanking still only works on Firestarters, but its something at least.

I didnt get any Flashpoints in campaign tho. Ive also had the feeling that the campaign has been toughened up a bit. Had to redo the "protect explosive crates" mission twice with mediums.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    So after having played a dozen missions or two, still like it. Since shops are now predictable, the game revolves much more about money than loot. Sure, i could have had an Archer by now if i had legged one, or i could have saved up everything ive ever gotten and outright bought an Annihilator. Instead i went for all the LosTech i could find, head mods and advanced autocannons. Those are FINALLY worth the weight.

There have also been some sneaky buffs to leveling piloting, you get some hit defense and melee defense at around 5/6. Evasion tanking still only works on Firestarters, but its something at least.

I didnt get any Flashpoints in campaign tho. Ive also had the feeling that the campaign has been toughened up a bit. Had to redo the "protect explosive crates" mission twice with mediums.
    You advanced quickly in the campaign then.
    On my last game, I had a King Crab on that mission.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

by default flashpoints dont kick off until after the campaign, it's quite trivial to make it happen though.
    Viking, n.: