hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1959666768697071 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1415

Thread: Battletech

Yes, between 2 and 8, based on the open slots I see. The max lance size mission I have actually done so far is 6 mechs.

From the BTA3062 discord:

@here It's my birthday but YOU get a present today! BTA v3.1 has been released. There's a new mech, the TDF's classic trooper, the Talos in a beautiful brown and gold scheme, you'll love it. There are balance changes to the + weapons, mostly minor nerfs to make them less obviously the best option, but the Lostech + weapons got buffs and now tell you what they do. There's some new custom mechs (Hauptmann, Avatar, Templar). There's a new flashpoint in the UW module, Breaking News, check it out. Movement penalties are corrected and sprinting is no longer suicidal and stupid. Height is now slightly less powerful in general for both you and the enemies. But, the biggest thing, the thing you're all waiting for: Mission Control and Bigger Drop are in v3.1. This means that you now get 6 mechs on all your non-flashpoint drops and that you get bigger maps, randomized spawns, and more enemies to fight. Warning: MC comes with bugs, you've been warned.

v3.1 is a clear and reinstall update. Clear out Mods and reinstall BTA and the CAB as normal. REQUIRES BATTLETECH PATCH 1.7.1. REINJECT MODTEK AFTER PATCHING TO 1.7.1. REQUIRES UPDATED CAB FOR THE TALOS.

What's next from here? I'm investigating a proper C3 system, looking at updating some various pieces of gear and upgrades, and maybe some more balance work. And there will be more mechs, as always. Keep an eye out for the mech that did the Highlander's thing before the Highlander did it.
    Now that the new MC has been incorporated, it should not be too hard to unlock all 8 slots. I'll look into it.

Nice that its on the current patch. Let me know if MC hits loading times too hard, id love to have it but not at any cost.

I have a pretty powerful PC and noticed no difference, but YMMV. I'd say try it and see how it is for you.

It was pretty trivial to enable 8 mechs. I am having tons of fun!

doesn't look like any of the 3025 centric mods have the "deploy 8 mechs" bit yet, a pity that, oh well maybe after Heavy Metal.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

The increased drop size mod seems to be standalone. I'll try to take it from BTA3062 and apply it to BEXCE over the weekend to see if it would work.

Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

I think its separate from that, but i cant find the standalone either. Try it out, but the drawback of Mission Control is a massive performance loss due to memory management issues, at least on my system.

Viking, n.:

I have used both, with no significant worsening of loading times over what BEXCE or BTA3062 already do. But, this is a game engine thing so it really can vary from system to system. Bigger drops on its own is cool, but it does not affect enemy lance size. Io if you just up your lance to 8 mechs it is just a roflstomp. On top of it the stock maps are small, so having 16 mechs (8 of yours and the usual 4+4 enemy ambush missions) makes things very crowded very quickly. This is where Mission Control steps in. It allows for bigger and harder enemy lances, and it makes the map up to 4 times larger than the default map. Also if you have less than the max number of deployable mechs it fills the gaps with allied mechs. For example, if you only field 5 mechs in a size 8 lance, you will also get 3 allied mechs to bump you up to 8. So, really ine needs both mods to get the most out of them.

Having said that, I decided to put Battletech on hold. At PDXCon next week there will be an announcement for the last expansion ("Heavy Metal") so I may just hold off and replay with the final and complete product. It's not like I don't have a backlog of games anyway...

Viking, n.:

My prediction: They will do something that a mod already does.

I would love it if it were a real fature expansion, but not keeping my hopes up. It would be fun tho if they took a page from Galaxy At War. This game is sorely lacking in strategic goals, its basically metal pokemon collector once you get past the initial hump.

They should be working on the framework, not superficials that the modders have done to hell and back.

From what i understand mission and AI scripting is rigid wank, you are chained to leopard/argo, there are no other actors besides you, etc.
    I appreciate that BT exists but boy is it only a shadow of what can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    They should be working on the framework, not superficials that the modders have done to hell and back.

From what i understand mission and AI scripting is rigid wank, you are chained to leopard/argo, there are no other actors besides you, etc.
    I appreciate that BT exists but boy is it only a shadow of what can be done.
    Game is pretty much a fishing expedition.
    They are a small studio with limited funds, and it was a very risky game to create.

Don't think there is much further they can take the game, and as soon as final DLC is released.
    We will probably get a sequel announcement. Hopefully they move away from Unity as it is probably their biggest hindrance atm.

Lance vs Lance is just a skirmish.
    We need Company size for real battles. With 12 vs 12, there will be losses even with wins.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

Yeah no, that's easy and expansive bollocks. What we need are comprehensive and reactionary planetary/system campaigns, something flashpoints almost completely didn't fail to be.

Unity is hardly the problem here - it's the most fitting commercial engine imo.

As it stands BT is a theme park offering little challenge and no immersion. Nerds want to relive GDL, not go around in a mystery van collecting ++ weapons from anime level cunts.
    Last edited by RazoR; October 19 2019 at 09:31:36 AM.

10 new mechs, didn't see them all.
    lostech weapon systems
    new mechs have specific components

official mod support.

and the mech list

flea
    assasin
    vulcan
    Phoenix Hawk
    Rifleman
    Archer
    Annilator
    Marauder
    WAAAAARRRRHAMMMMMERRRR!!!!!

new design, Bullshark, looks like a King Crab derived 100 tonner, lasers on the shoulders, mix of PPC's and what looked like UAC5's in the arms.
    Last edited by Liare; October 19 2019 at 09:42:35 AM.
    Viking, n.:

Did LBX's exist in this time line?
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Did LBX's exist in this time line?
    yes, the LBX-10 and UAC-5 is lostech, it first appeared 2590 for the LBX and the UAC-5 is 2640, the rest of the families is dated 2825 for UAC's and 2826 for LBX's in clan space.

rumormill has it the bullshark is going to come out of a lost 331st cache, it's not out of the question they nicked a copy the blueprints for the LBX and UAC familiy as part of their attempt to survie the annihilation.

side-note, the Wolverines where the origin of the omnimech and clan variant of the ERPPC, before their annihilation. something the inner sphere should be grateful for considering they where, and would be the most competent, least idiotic clan of the whole lot if they where still around.
    Last edited by Liare; October 23 2019 at 11:43:36 AM.
    Viking, n.:

Heavy Metal on the 21st, moderately hyped.

Im on 500 days remaining in my BEX:CE campaign, it will be tough going back to vanilla. Still need to flesh out my assault roster, and hope for an ECM in a shop. One of the things i really appreciate in the mod is the initiative gameplay. Cyclops + one command mech = +2 initiative, gives you loads more flexibility with heavies / assaults. If the new Cyclops overrides that ill be sad :S

I hope Heavy Metal also adds more small flashpoints, those are really the bread and butter that keeps me engaged.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; November 17 2019 at 01:33:35 AM.