hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 115158596061
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1210

Thread: Battletech

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    I've been playing the public beta of these changes.

I have experimented with light mechs packing sensor locks and PPC's and using them early to debuff heavy-hitters instead of playing reserve games, but it just isn't very good when compared to moar firepower.
    Bulward was the only usable counter towards Sleepy Awesomes.
    Unless you had you own sleepys.
    Ehhhh. The replacement does give you a 75% damage reduction when in cover, which turns the Sleepy Awesomes firepower into a moderate battering rather than an Armageddon strike.

Come out of guard and shoot back when its enjoying a nap.

Edit: I haven't tested this in the new patch yet, so that's just a theory.
    Last edited by Nicholai Pestot; August 30 2018 at 03:41:30 PM.

The main reason why bulwark was good was gaining the ability, for free, to shoot and brace each turn - usually something that you need to pay morale for (vigilance).
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Bulwark was dumb. Coolant Vent also seems dumb

To fix sleepy awesomes, structure/component damage from overheating needs to exponentially increase the more into the red you've gone

Agreed that Collant Vent sounds like a bad idea.

Why not the TT rules of yellow heat -> shutdown, shutdown override or red -> 50/50 of reactor goes kablammo. Right now, pushing heat only really risks ammo explosion as critical fail? Which is a nonstarter for heat-intensive laser boats.

Doing a Roguetech playthrough..Ok I'm clearly shit. I'm finding it almost impossible to stay solvent.

Kind of the concept with it.

You've got to avoid taking damage, use evasion to make yourself a hard target.
    They don't get removed from being shot at.

Firestarter is now a good mech till mid game.
    Use it's maneuverability to speed tank and cook enemy mechs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Agreed that Collant Vent sounds like a bad idea.

Why not the TT rules of yellow heat -> shutdown, shutdown override or red -> 50/50 of reactor goes kablammo. Right now, pushing heat only really risks ammo explosion as critical fail? Which is a nonstarter for heat-intensive laser boats.
    TBH the TT heat system’s main punishment was the penalty to accuracy and movement as you warmed up. You almost never pushed shutdown or ammo explosion unless you had some surprise heat or making desperate alpha strikes. But in this game, accuracy penalties are nowhere near as bad and movement is a much smaller part of your defense.

Roguetech tries to shove as many changes as possible in there, doesnt really give a fuck about balancing. If you have time, pick and choose what tweaks you want, most things are available separately (until a patch breaks everything).

As much as i enjoyed one campaign playthrough, the game doesnt really have legs for me atm. Kinda reminds me of Xcom2: Play the game until you figure out how to break it, then never touch it again.

I like Roguetech's changes to game mechanics.
    Virtually every one of them.

What I don't like, and why I stopped using it. Was the new tech they added.

I figured out roguetech and now its easy. My god melee is overpowered if you fit for it. A 35 tonne jump capable mech which does 95 damage with typically 75% hitchance against sprinting light mechs AND then a further 5x12 damage with ~45-55%? This thing is scarier than some of my assault mechs from vanilla. Also thats with a 4444 pilot....
    Last edited by Lallante; September 12 2018 at 09:33:46 PM.