hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 327279808182
Results 1,621 to 1,637 of 1637

Thread: Battletech

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    So I started a 3047 career, closing in on day 600 now. Almost done with the flashpoint campaign, I think, and starting to flesh out my assault roster (just got a Cyclops-Z which... dear lord I hope that saves my ass).

Roundabout now Helm Core tech is starting to show up, which is pretty much perfect since it means I have a new endgame grind. But fuck me do some chassis go from wet noodle to scary. DO NOT let a Jaegermech alpha strike you.

I dont even know how this is supposed to work with Clan tech. Do i just play chicken behing an ECM Raven or what?
    Similar but worse. Outranging(not that easy with clans having everything ER), outdropping (Steiner scout party for 1 skull clan contract against lights) and abusing terrain was the only tactic that gave me moderate success at the begining until I was able to salvage and refit clan toys. Only lights that I used were Firestarters with full flamer loadouts against clan heavy on assasination mission as not all 4 will die before you cook it.

I chose the "let them come, I'll fuck them up" option for the final flashpoint campaign mission, and now I am stuck with a 5-skull flashpoint at the ass end of nowhere that I am not prepared for :/

I kinda wish the travel times were a smidge shorter, not that the timer does anything except give you a victory screen, of course.

Also wish I could get Comstar to spawn more reliably, I am halfway to a 100-ton Star League Emperor, and the absolute clusterfuck that Comstar hotdrops always turn into is hilarious.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; September 1 2022 at 01:44:20 AM.

Also re clans I should have mentioned, withdrawing when being dropped in unfavourable terrain, or with a wave of reinforcements being triggered is a perfectly good excuse to nope the fuck out. In hindsight this is completely unintuitive as whatever is being thrown at you in campaign you can handle. But modded whenever stars and mission control align you get things you just can't win. One could argue it's how it should be but ymmv.

Found a nice save editor to play around with a 3047 campaign playthrough and man is it fun to go into missions with a kraken, its like the clans strapped some A10s to the mech and said, "this will be nice"

I beat the Black Widow fight, but it kinda feels like "I" didnt win it. Put my lance into ECM until they started beating each other up, then sniped some legs with large lasers. Mopped up the last 3 standing with an MG Grasshopper. And I *still* lost a guy to a random headshot. I dont think the mission would have actually been beatable with a 4 assaults squad, just too much incoming damage.

Immediately afterwards, the black market on the same planet offered me a complete Bullshark-M3, so... yoink.

Now I have 430 days left to travel to the core and see if I cant make some new enemies. Question, I am at February 3049, will the Clans show up on their own eventually, or would I have to start a new career?
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; September 2 2022 at 10:18:40 PM.

Get to FHR around august 3049 and watch the map Bring lots of gear and spares. I mean it.

Noice, I guess that means I've perfectly timed it. Gonna hunt some Comstar on the way, maybe I'll get lucky.

edit: I just found out that Battle of Tukayyid is a flashpoint campaign in BEX. High-pitched fangirl screeching ensued. Depending on how kitted out my company ends up, I think that will mark the "official" end of this run.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; September 8 2022 at 05:58:59 PM.

Jesus Christ the Clans... I did the Gray Death flashpoints before going for normal missions. That was a bit of a paint because of the shitfits, but other than the first one (which required heavy use of sniping back armor) it wasnt too bad and gave very decent loot. But regular Clan missions? I cant decide if I'm supposed to speed tank, scout and snipe, close to melee or what. Tanking hits and duking it out certainly doesnt work.

My best option so far has been to distract them with a spotter and then take 2-3 out with indirect fire. But missions with more than one star just dont offer enough room to maneuver. I'm starting to really apprecitate Piloting 8, but even that wont keep a light alive for more than three turns.

I probably should have farmed more EW modules from Liao shops before going on my long trek. I'll try to do some shenanigans with the two Thors ive put together and the Griffin-2N, I think, but any squad wipe can set me back months.

e: Well, one Thor lost a leg but the rest went well enough. Still, jumping two heavies into 5 clanners is a huge gamble that I wouldnt want to take again.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; September 12 2022 at 12:50:49 AM.

As I told before, always withdraw when dropped in unfavourable terrain early.

It's awesome isn't it? Wait till you salvage your first clan mech and fit it. Pride and accomplishment like no other.

Think you engaged the Clans with too early.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Think you engaged the Clans with too early.
    Maybe. But the one-skull planet I am on offers a two-and-half skull Target Acquisition, and I am seriously wondering if that would be doable at any gear level.

Steiner scout lances for half skull missions. Soon you will run clan mechs with clan equipment, which will be better.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Steiner scout lances for half skull missions. Soon you will run clan mechs with clan equipment, which will be better.
    One skull if mission control won't decide to fuck you up with drop and reinforcement placement. If it does, wait for it, withdraw.

Well I'm a bit further into Clan content now, 2-2.5 is doable but only by exploiting the AI. Griffin-2N, Masakari, Bullshark (Gauss+LL), last spot varies between Longbow/Atlas or a heavy omni. I wish there were a replacement for the Griffin, but so far I havent encountered a jump-capable 55t omni, much less one with ECM except for the Loki. And the Loki gets focused down without mercy since it can't jump.

I can confirm that mission control will sometimes fuck you still by having you trigger 10 enemies on turn 1, in which case... yeah. Try and get out any way you can. Still I'm moderately confident that I could beat Tukayyd now, not sure what the date is for it to pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Well I'm a bit further into Clan content now, 2-2.5 is doable but only by exploiting the AI. Griffin-2N, Masakari, Bullshark (Gauss+LL), last spot varies between Longbow/Atlas or a heavy omni. I wish there were a replacement for the Griffin, but so far I havent encountered a jump-capable 55t omni, much less one with ECM except for the Loki. And the Loki gets focused down without mercy since it can't jump.

I can confirm that mission control will sometimes fuck you still by having you trigger 10 enemies on turn 1, in which case... yeah. Try and get out any way you can. Still I'm moderately confident that I could beat Tukayyd now, not sure what the date is for it to pop.
    May 3052.

Well that gives me two years to get absolutely blasted on tech. Shame I cant farm +2 Gyros off clanners.

e: So turns out you can get the Thumper cheater mech from the black market... now I kinda want to see what 4 artillery strikes can do, for the lulz.

Nothing beats jumpy 55 tonners though when it comes to fun. If I can farm up 4 Goshawks I have probably beaten the game.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; September 18 2022 at 05:09:50 AM.

Ive decided to tackle Tukkayid, but I dont fully get how it works. I steamrolled the first three missions, then I wanted to take a break, and exhausting my pilots (I have 3 lances with 2 backup pilots in case of wounds) early on sounds like a very bad idea anyways. But when I chose the "rest and refit" option, it went right to the next deployment dialogue anyways.

What gives? Is it just bugging out on me, or does the FP seriously expect me to do 15 missions in one sitting?

edit: Managed to get it to advance, once. On the second 4-mission cycle it just refused to give me the next stage. Ah well, the flashpoint wasnt done that well anyways. Way easier than normal BEX Clan missions, only solo missions no Comstar support, no real connection between missions.

I think I'll call this a game and restart on Simulation, with a bit more time to find more Comstar before Clans.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; September 28 2022 at 08:38:41 PM.