hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1245

Thread: Battletech

  1. #1221
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    30,525
    yeah well thats already with the discount

    idk it sounds borderline hostage situation

  2. #1222
    Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,166
    It's not like there's no other games I can play while I wait for the DLC to go into deep discount.

  3. #1223

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    6,477
    It puts the season pass in the shopping basket or it gets the hose again.

    The customers should just be happy that they can pay now for a content that will get released at some point, probably, and will maybe contain something!

  4. #1224
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    30,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    It's not like there's no other games I can play while I wait for the DLC to go into deep discount.
    and... whoops you missed it!

  5. #1225
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    12,717
    summary of the stream earlier : skill rework updated, Bulwark has been redesigned to double cover/brace bonuses, and those now go 20/40/60 rather than 25/50/75, coolant vent has been redesigned away from "drop all heat for a pilot injury" to "drop half your heat for increased heat gen for three rounds"

    you're all gonna be monobuilding mechs for max armor going forward btw, because the mitigation tools have taken a nerf and the odds remain unchanged, so you're gonna be rocking 4v12 with near equal skill pilots in the end game, and evasion does nothing there.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  6. #1226
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    30,525
    front armor vastly more useful than back? well that's a shock

    isn't coolant supposed to be limited? i think that's already a tradeoff and worked alright in MW3/4
    also the fuck is with percentages? don't weapons have hard heat numbers?
    Last edited by RazoR; November 5 2018 at 12:39:47 AM.

  7. #1227
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    12,717
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    front armor vastly more useful than back? well that's a shock

    isn't coolant supposed to be limited? i think that's already a tradeoff and worked alright in MW3/4
    also the fuck is with percentages? don't weapons have hard heat numbers?
    it's damage mitigation from cover/bulwark/brace, cover+bulwark bulwark+brace cover+brace and cover+bulwark+brace, all percentages.


    heat is definitive, at max skill you've got 100 cap, it drops 50 and gives you +8 for three turns.


    the problem is not armor, it's how there are no viable way to build more interesting mechs because the meta mandates full armor.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  8. #1228
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    30,525
    I don't know about tabletop but in mechwarrior you could justify partial armor on lurmbotes, poptarts and/or extreme range snipers. The latter kind of worked with my ppc/gauss HGN in the campaign but wouldn't in MP i imagine especially since poptarting just doesn't work unless you can shoot in mid-air or get in position and scram on the same turn.

  9. #1229
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    front armor vastly more useful than back? well that's a shock

    isn't coolant supposed to be limited? i think that's already a tradeoff and worked alright in MW3/4
    also the fuck is with percentages? don't weapons have hard heat numbers?
    it's damage mitigation from cover/bulwark/brace, cover+bulwark bulwark+brace cover+brace and cover+bulwark+brace, all percentages.


    heat is definitive, at max skill you've got 100 cap, it drops 50 and gives you +8 for three turns.


    the problem is not armor, it's how there are no viable way to build more interesting mechs because the meta mandates full armor.
    Not all mech's needs full armor.

  10. #1230
    Nobody_Holme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Nyet
    Posts
    5,757
    I can confirm full armour builds are bad and you should feel bad (knockdown/headshot spam builds are a thing).

  11. #1231
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    12,717
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    I don't know about tabletop but in mechwarrior you could justify partial armor on lurmbotes, poptarts and/or extreme range snipers. The latter kind of worked with my ppc/gauss HGN in the campaign but wouldn't in MP i imagine especially since poptarting just doesn't work unless you can shoot in mid-air or get in position and scram on the same turn.
    in TT you basically build to damage thresholds, there is no noticable advantage in 16 points of armor over 15, you're not going to tank a AC20, and that 1 point you've got left after a CERPPC/Gauss Rifle hit is meaningless because you're going to be rolling crit regardless of what hits that location next, it basically means you build in increments of whatever is the era popular heavy hitter, 10 points in 3025, 15 points in 3050-3067 and then it goes sort of wacky due to the new armor types. (TLDR : the math goes wonky, with reactive, reflective, ferro-Lamellor as well as heavy variants all having different effective thresholds and mechanics associated with them)

    it basically means you've got sort-of a stepped progession in the armor department, where you go from threshold to threshold and the tradeoffs are worthwhile, even on heavy hitters, the BZK Blitzkrieg is a good exsample, it's got fuck all armor, a engine the size of a moon and a top speed past 200kmph, with a UAC20 onboard, butt it's still got enough armor to withstand a PPC in the chest, or a medium laser on the arm, and it's incredible firepower means that's all it's going to need before it rips your mech to shreds, it leads to a sort of "Time to live" meta, where your intented role dictates the armouring of the mech.

    rather than just asking yourself "is this going to be hiding behind a hill ?" and slapping max armor if the answer is no.

    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    front armor vastly more useful than back? well that's a shock

    isn't coolant supposed to be limited? i think that's already a tradeoff and worked alright in MW3/4
    also the fuck is with percentages? don't weapons have hard heat numbers?
    it's damage mitigation from cover/bulwark/brace, cover+bulwark bulwark+brace cover+brace and cover+bulwark+brace, all percentages.


    heat is definitive, at max skill you've got 100 cap, it drops 50 and gives you +8 for three turns.


    the problem is not armor, it's how there are no viable way to build more interesting mechs because the meta mandates full armor.
    Not all mech's needs full armor.
    no, if you're sitting out LOS likely lobbing LRM's, then you dont, of course doing so means the rest of your lance have to tank that much more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    I can confirm full armour builds are bad and you should feel bad (knockdown/headshot spam builds are a thing).
    you stability scales with mech weight now, heavier mechs are harder to knock down, both bulwark, master tactician and surefooted provides stability bonuses (the first trough reduced damage, MT by reserving and surefooted flat out halves stability damage if you moved) and you're still going 4v12 at 4 skulls and above, without a actual weight advantage to leverage, and late game AI pilots usually have at least one of these, and will use it and bracing when needed.

    you can still get knock-downs, but the "4 knock downs a round" of yore is gone, you're going to get, at best, two if you load up on a lot of missiles.

    and you don't want to do that, because sandblasting the enemy is significantly less effective than packing large lasers and AC10's.
    Last edited by Liare; November 8 2018 at 10:45:25 PM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  12. #1232
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    1,752
    New expansion pack is out

    Did anyone get it?

  13. #1233
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,686
    Season Pass

    Will test it later today. Sorting mech bay!

  14. #1234
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,686
    New skills pretty meh..
    Even with the reduced defenses, Breaching shot seems too good to pass. Especially with how well it synergizes with Multi Targeting.

    Then theres only one skill left to pick up...
    Sensor Lock, fuck that shit. Woulda been good if it didn't cost firing action to use.
    +1 Evasion from Movement/+1 max evasion. And fuck that shit too.

    You end up with the same pilot setup as before, only nerfed.

  15. #1235
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,686
    https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech...ab=description

    Epic fan mod for BT.

    Briefly, this mod mostly adds a ton of 'Mechs, vehicles and variants, including new 'Mechs you haven't seen elsewhere that are all Lore compliant for 3025. All factions will use 'Mechs and vehicles based on what they should be using, most of the time they will use stuff that is common to them but with chances of rare stuff or other factions gear based on the likelihood within the Lore. This rarity is done extensively using the 3028 random assignment tables for Battletech. The shops are also set up this way.
    I do not want to spoil what is in the mod entirely because honestly discovering the 'Mechs live is absolutely part of the fun.

  16. #1236
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    30,525
    Roguetech lite?

  17. #1237
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,686
    No, rogue tech is just lost tech shit.
    This adds piles of mech's from the 3025 TR.

  18. #1238
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    30,525
    Roguetech got the entire MWO roster and then some so yeah, those mechs are probably in it. Therefore RT lite.

  19. #1239
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,686
    Except no RT rules.

  20. #1240
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    30,525
    But RT mechs.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •