hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 74754555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1231

Thread: Battletech

Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    someone's already modding in unseen using what appear to be PGI's models. That was quick.

i am starting a new campaign with the WHR-6R in place of the blackjack, and with the random starting mod as well as the difficulty turned way up.

WUUUURRRRHAMMMAR!

also, here's the stock loadout, along with hardpoints

near as i can tell, they've got a identical hardpoint layout. but look at that beastie, drop the MG's for sinks and it's... it's beautiful. (it's also missing the legs, but they're there in battle)
    Last edited by Liare; July 5 2018 at 06:02:26 PM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Wheres the shoulder-mounted flashlight tho :>

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    someone's already modding in reseen using what appear to be PGI's models. That was quick.
    fyp

i had my hopes up there for a second

Do we have any announcements from HBS to add this mechs to the game?
    (Or anything about future installments?)

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Wheres the shoulder-mounted flashlight tho :>
    scraped off in the drop-ship, it always ends up getting shot to shit anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Do we have any announcements from HBS to add this mechs to the game?
    (Or anything about future installments?)
    nothing yet.

i would not expect to hear anything until early September either, they're hopefully going to join the usual 6-9 month paradox DLC cycle with it.
    Last edited by Liare; July 6 2018 at 11:14:04 AM.
    Viking, n.:

Glitch you amazing bitch!
    On the Argo salvage mission she hit Cybil in the face with the PPC

(Restarted the game on a custom campaign that's super hard, and now everyone's favorite Mechwarrior made it so much easier for me

Am a bit further in now, but i suck or the difficulty curve is very uneven, probably both. Failed the timer on the second (third?) story mission, so i decided to reload and do some gearing up first. Do some two / two and a half dificulty missions fine. Go into a level three base defense, get overrun by 7 or 8 mediums vs. me in basically the starter mechs.

Now ive got some weapon++ upgrades and a Kintaro, so im giving the storyline another go tomorrow. Already having nightmares of the Hunchback running at me tho.

Pilot abilities seem not so well balanced, i can see scouts getting useless really fast. Maybe if Sensor Lock were a free action it would be worth bringing.

Sensor lock is good for some long range pummeling. Run to edge of sensor range, lock, then have an LRM boat unleash hell and a ppc or ac2/5 sniper pick out a head. Called shot works on sensor locked targets.

Additional evasion however is useless.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    Sensor lock is good for some long range pummeling. Run to edge of sensor range, lock, then have an LRM boat unleash hell and a ppc or ac2/5 sniper pick out a head. Called shot works on sensor locked targets.

Disagree with Sensor Lock, it is useless. There are times it could be useful. But there will always be another target you can pick instead.
    The AI will move closer into visual range, and you will have to keep pulling back to keep it like that.

Hostile will advance faster than you.
    Sooner or later you will meet map border.
    And lastly, moving will break Bulward. "Double HP" trumps all.

modded ace pilot to give permanent evasion, modded sensor lock to remove all evasion pips.

both skills are now useful.
    Viking, n.:

they're usful anyway, what people mean is 'not useful for the way I play'

Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post

Disagree with Sensor Lock, it is useless. There are times it could be useful. But there will always be another target you can pick instead.
    The AI will move closer into visual range, and you will have to keep pulling back to keep it like that.

Hostile will advance faster than you.
    Sooner or later you will meet map border.
    And lastly, moving will break Bulward. "Double HP" trumps all.
    Same as every time, you're bad and should feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    they're usful anyway, what people mean is 'not useful for the way I play'
    This.

Am a bit further in now, but i suck or the difficulty curve is very uneven, probably both. Failed the timer on the second (third?) story mission, so i decided to reload and do some gearing up first. Do some two / two and a half dificulty missions fine. Go into a level three base defense, get overrun by 7 or 8 mediums vs. me in basically the starter mechs.

Now ive got some weapon++ upgrades and a Kintaro, so im giving the storyline another go tomorrow. Already having nightmares of the Hunchback running at me tho.

Pilot abilities seem not so well balanced, i can see scouts getting useless really fast. Maybe if Sensor Lock were a free action it would be worth bringing.
    The trick with that timer mission is to get a relatively fast/beefy medium like a centurian and once you've got the engagement going just run it strait at the fucking objective and slag it I actually went into that mission with 2H/2M loadout and still ended up having to do it that way. granted I managed a cockpit kill on a dragon and that made me very happy.

Heh, i wouldnt even have a second heavy. That said, i made it through on the last turn thanks to the Hunchback missing every shot.

Still having trouble with how to judge mission difficulty. Like, 2 1/2 is fine for my Kintaro/Treb/Centurion/Dragon, but then i went into a 3 and got blapped by a Grasshopper, Dragon and 6 mediums. Guess the dude means it when he says "I dont like what were walking into" in the pre-screen, but then how am i to get heavies if i dont get to fight them in manageable numbers... i think i just need to take it slow and enjoy the grind.

Overall its still pretty fun.

Heh, i wouldnt even have a second heavy. That said, i made it through on the last turn thanks to the Hunchback missing every shot.

Still having trouble with how to judge mission difficulty. Like, 2 1/2 is fine for my Kintaro/Treb/Centurion/Dragon, but then i went into a 3 and got blapped by a Grasshopper, Dragon and 6 mediums. Guess the dude means it when he says "I dont like what were walking into" in the pre-screen, but then how am i to get heavies if i dont get to fight them in manageable numbers... i think i just need to take it slow and enjoy the grind.

Overall its still pretty fun.
    The "Elite Mechwarrior" missions at 2-2,5 stars is usually Light/Medium/Vehicles crap + him being in a heavy mech.
    You will need a setup that can get 3 parts salvage off him (3-4 LRM15's).

Other missions in same difficulty should let you encounter some Heavy Mechs.
    If you run into pirates they usually have half armor, and those are hard to salvage.
    Those I usually settle for 2 parts, and blast legs.

Good advice, ty. I got a lucky headshot on a Grasshopper, so im not completely outmatched anymore. Missed good salvage on the first Orion i got to see tho

Finances are somewhat biting me in the ass atm since i like to play pokemon with mech storage.

Good advice, ty. I got a lucky headshot on a Grasshopper, so im not completely outmatched anymore. Missed good salvage on the first Orion i got to see tho

Finances are somewhat biting me in the ass atm since i like to play pokemon with mech storage.
    Sell Mech's you won't use.
    All the light mechs. Mediums you want to keep is 55t's. Wolverine, Griffing and Shadowhawk.
    The really good Heavy Mech's are Orion (both versions), JaegerMech JM6-M (Missile Boat) and Catapult CPLT-A1 (Missile Boat)

Thunderbolt's also good (Refit them to AC/10 & LRM15 for max knockdown/salvage mech).

Sell Mech's you won't use.
    All the light mechs. Mediums you want to keep is 55t's. Wolverine, Griffing and Shadowhawk.
    The really good Heavy Mech's are Orion (both versions), JaegerMech JM6-M (Missile Boat) and Catapult CPLT-A1 (Missile Boat)

Thunderbolt's also good (Refit them to AC/10 & LRM15 for max knockdown/salvage mech).
    YOU SHUT YOUR FILTHY WHORE MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUNCH BACK 4 LYFE