hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 23 of 61 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 1210

Thread: Battletech

  1. #441
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,357
    A summary of the latest sue status.
    https://youtu.be/CZrfOtJyJpM?t=58m10s

  2. #442
    Nobody_Holme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Swansea, Wales, UK
    Posts
    5,678
    So no prior art defence for some stuff, because HG actually do have the rights.

    That said, the rights HG hold are pretty threadbare in relation to actual mechs, and pointedly do NOT include the Atlas, which is in the list they're suing over, sooo.

  3. #443
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    and pointedly do NOT include the Atlas, which is in the list they're suing over, sooo.
    WHOOPSIE
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  4. #444
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,766
    Nothing hg has rights to looks anything like an atlas though.. That's very battletech..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  5. #445
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,180
    As usual in those they don't have a leg to stand on and are counting for quick buck from settlement because other side will be scared of actual costs of seeing it through.

  6. #446
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    21,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post

    WHOOPSIE
    I mostly tried rails before, the spool up time made them useless with my joystick.

  7. #447

    Join Date
    December 20, 2013
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    As usual in those they don't have a leg to stand on and are counting for quick buck from settlement because other side will be scared of actual costs of seeing it through.
    Shit like this infuriates me. I would seriously consider funding some sort of kickstarter/whatever with the express purpose of actually taking the suit to court, instead of rolling over in a settlement.

    If Pirhana/HBS won the suit in court, could they counter-sue for the legal fees incurred?

  8. #448

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    3,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Eranziel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    As usual in those they don't have a leg to stand on and are counting for quick buck from settlement because other side will be scared of actual costs of seeing it through.
    Shit like this infuriates me. I would seriously consider funding some sort of kickstarter/whatever with the express purpose of actually taking the suit to court, instead of rolling over in a settlement.

    If Pirhana/HBS won the suit in court, could they counter-sue for the legal fees incurred?
    Yes, it is actually easier now to recuperate fees in 'murica after a successful defense against a troll.

  9. #449
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    14,267
    Doesn't the loser automatically pay all legal fees of all parties involved?

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  10. #450
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    12,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Doesn't the loser automatically pay all legal fees of all parties involved?

    Tapapapatalk
    you're assuming a sane legal system, this is not the case on the wrong side of the atlantic.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  11. #451
    Straight Hustlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    10,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Doesn't the loser automatically pay all legal fees of all parties involved?

    Tapapapatalk
    you're assuming a sane legal system, this is not the case on the wrong side of the atlantic.
    In a civil lawsuit the loser almost always pays the winners legal fees and court costs. If they can prove it was vexatious litigation (frivolous and misuse of the court) they can win damages and punitive penalties as well.

    PS. You can't make everyone happy re loser pays or each pays their own. Loser pays systems are derided by many legal advocates since it discourages many reasonable cases against large firms with good legal representation that can get them off with technicalities and then snow people under with massive legal bills

    Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

  12. #452
    iLOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    988

  13. #453
    Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,131
    Looking good.

  14. #454
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    29,557
    check check check

    release in april 2018

    steam preorders active

    http://store.steampowered.com/app/637090/BATTLETECH/
    Last edited by RazoR; February 28 2018 at 01:30:24 PM.

  15. #455
    Kilabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,498
    Actually done or EA/beta status?

    Sent from my Metal using Tapatapatatalk

  16. #456
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    Actually done or EA/beta status?

    Sent from my Metal using Tapatapatatalk
    We did beta before xmas

  17. #457
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    12,296
    it's released-as-done, i don't think it will be the 8th tho, it's a sunday.

    am excited.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  18. #458
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    it's released-as-done, i don't think it will be the 8th tho, it's a sunday.

    am excited.
    d8 as in date

  19. #459
    King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Navi Mumbai
    Posts
    5,468
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    check check check

    release d8 arpil 2018

    steam preorders active

    http://store.steampowered.com/app/637090/BATTLETECH/
    It's available for preorder on GoG as well https://www.gog.com/game/battletech

  20. #460
    Dogbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    NW Territories
    Posts
    2,668
    My heart says to pre-order.

    This is made by the same guys who did the Shadowrun RPG series, and those were good games imo.

    But my brain screams to not pre-order due to all the times everyone has been burned before. Thankfully I've yet to fall into that trap myself.

    And $40 USD for it? Better have a lot of features and lengthy single-player and/or co-op campaign.

    $50 USD for the Deluxe edition that gives you a skin for a single mech...and a wallpaper. That's it.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •