hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 66

Thread: Eve for sale?

  1. #41
    FatFreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    12,968
    Out of the 3, one rightfully caused a lot of outrage and really still isn't a great game, one is probably p. damn good but I have never played it, and Overwatch looks good as well but I personally find it appeal to be non-existent.
    edit: unless you meant hearthstone where I meant D3, and hearthstone grows boring/annoying really quickly as well. Lovely presentation though.

    Entirely a matter of taste. I for one still argue that SC2 pales in comparison to Supcom:FA as a multiplayer RTS and that all Blizzard games of the past years are clearly inferior to to their predecessors (SC2 is equal, but has the godawful storytelling compared to the first)
    Last edited by FatFreddy; December 11 2016 at 09:13:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?

  2. #42
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,697
    Quote Originally Posted by TheManFromDelmonte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spitroast View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPilot View Post
    They should definitely take the money before the VR fad is over.
    It won't be a fad once the technology catches up... give it 10 years or so and we'll probably be ditching huge monitors for a pair of sunglasses
    Sell it now, buy it back for half the price in five years.
    Haven't they done this already with EvE iirc? Smth smth sold it then reacquired it?
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?©Doomchinchilla 2015

  3. #43
    Donor Verite Rendition's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheManFromDelmonte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spitroast View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPilot View Post
    They should definitely take the money before the VR fad is over.
    It won't be a fad once the technology catches up... give it 10 years or so and we'll probably be ditching huge monitors for a pair of sunglasses
    Sell it now, buy it back for half the price in five years.
    Haven't they done this already with EvE iirc? Smth smth sold it then reacquired it?
    Simon & Schuster was the original publisher back in 2003.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

  4. #44
    Lady Spank's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Get Out Nasty Face
    Posts
    4,822
    Considering they started out by developing Hættuspil (Danger Game -- A Board game) then published Eve through a book publisher....

    .... Eve and CCP have done just fine with their IP.

    It is frankly a testament to the devs effort, their vision and to the players themselves that Eve is at all relevant 13 YEARS AFTER IT LAUNCHED.

    I haven't played for a couple of years because of personal circumstances (working too many hours) but I fucking love this game like no other.

    Eve is literally the only MMO I have ever put more than 2 hours into.

    Their side projects have been ambitious and they frankly fucked them up good and proper but they tried. I sort of enjoyed Dust on my PS3 but it was lacking compared to the typical AAA FPShite releases. Not exactly an easy market to succeed in.
      Spoiler:



    (ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

  5. #45
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    12,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    Considering they started out by developing Hættuspil (Danger Game -- A Board game) then published Eve through a book publisher....

    .... Eve and CCP have done just fine with their IP.

    It is frankly a testament to the devs effort, their vision and to the players themselves that Eve is at all relevant 13 YEARS AFTER IT LAUNCHED.

    I haven't played for a couple of years because of personal circumstances (working too many hours) but I fucking love this game like no other.

    Eve is literally the only MMO I have ever put more than 2 hours into.

    Their side projects have been ambitious and they frankly fucked them up good and proper but they tried. I sort of enjoyed Dust on my PS3 but it was lacking compared to the typical AAA FPShite releases. Not exactly an easy market to succeed in.
    Well the EvER project turned out pretty damb well for them. Gunjack is going OK as well from what I hear. I think it would be more accurate to say that their first wave of side projects from their "War On The Impossible" era were massively fucked up, but the second wave are maturing quite nicely tyvm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  6. #46
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Location
    florida hick land
    Posts
    4,936
    I guess their recent success is why they are considering selling CCP?

  7. #47
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    7,906
    Afaik its more like they didnt really consider selling it till someone basicely offered almost a billion dollars. And that makes everyone think.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  8. #48
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Location
    florida hick land
    Posts
    4,936
    A billion for the entire company of CCP, with all of its talent/programmers? Maybe.

    A billion for EVE-O though? Definitely not lol

  9. #49
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    12,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    A billion for the entire company of CCP, with all of its talent/programmers? Maybe.

    A billion for EVE-O though? Definitely not lol
    Was anyone saying it was?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  10. #50
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    7,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    A billion for the entire company of CCP, with all of its talent/programmers? Maybe.

    A billion for EVE-O though? Definitely not lol
    Was anyone saying it was?
    The title of this thread is" EVE for sale".
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  11. #51
    Rakshasa The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Posts
    10,429
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    A billion for the entire company of CCP, with all of its talent/programmers? Maybe.

    A billion for EVE-O though? Definitely not lol
    Was anyone saying it was?
    The title of this thread is" EVE for sale".
    Someone doesn't know how to read titles of news stories.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

  12. #52

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    2,687
    Quote Originally Posted by GiDiYi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianeces View Post
    I'm going to buy CCP and revert the nano nerf, tbh.
    I'm in. 50k Euros from my part for this undertaking.
    Wouldn't that be Mittens chance to rebuild his media "empire" ...

  13. #53
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Location
    florida hick land
    Posts
    4,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    A billion for the entire company of CCP, with all of its talent/programmers? Maybe.

    A billion for EVE-O though? Definitely not lol
    Was anyone saying it was?
    The title of this thread is" EVE for sale".
    Someone doesn't know how to read titles of news stories.
    Real niggas dont read shit

  14. #54
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    7,906
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    A billion for the entire company of CCP, with all of its talent/programmers? Maybe.

    A billion for EVE-O though? Definitely not lol
    Was anyone saying it was?
    The title of this thread is" EVE for sale".
    Someone doesn't know how to read titles of news stories.
    Real niggas dont read shit
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  15. #55
    King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Navi Mumbai
    Posts
    5,138

  16. #56
    FatFreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    12,968
    that is some amazingly bad writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?

  17. #57
    The Pube Whisperer Maximillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,151
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    that is some amazingly bad writing.
    The way it works is that CCP exchanged stock for cash with a bunch of investors and venture capitalists. To make a return on that investment those owners need to sell on their stakes to other investors and venture capitalists.

    Such a sale can work out one of two ways: one a new set of venture capitalists replace the former and while ownership changes at the stock level there is a limited impact on CCP the company beyond the "make bank and grow" pressure any stockholder puts on a company. Two the stock is bought out by one of the big developers/publishers who will take a more hands on approach to CCP and its IP.

    Via unofficial channels the rumours are that it is case number one and that the current stockholders want a lot more than what is being offered to sell.

  18. #58
    Lady Spank's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Get Out Nasty Face
    Posts
    4,822
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    that is some amazingly bad writing.
    Impressive use of ad trackers though...

      Spoiler:



    (ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

  19. #59
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    15,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    that is some amazingly bad writing.
    The way it works is that CCP exchanged stock for cash with a bunch of investors and venture capitalists. To make a return on that investment those owners need to sell on their stakes to other investors and venture capitalists.

    Such a sale can work out one of two ways: one a new set of venture capitalists replace the former and while ownership changes at the stock level there is a limited impact on CCP the company beyond the "make bank and grow" pressure any stockholder puts on a company. Two the stock is bought out by one of the big developers/publishers who will take a more hands on approach to CCP and its IP.

    Via unofficial channels the rumours are that it is case number one and that the current stockholders want a lot more than what is being offered to sell.
    CCP pays dividends. Stockholders make a return without selling their stake. CCP management reports to the board, the non-execs on which will be fairly myopically focused on profit and this dividend growth.

    If existing stockholders want to hold out for more, that implies that they've been pretty happy with their investment.

    Remember that the founding devs will all have fairly chunky equity themselves. Wouldnt be surprised if Hilmar would be a very, very rich man with this valuation.

  20. #60
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Anatidae Rising
    Posts
    9,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    that is some amazingly bad writing.
    The way it works is that CCP exchanged stock for cash with a bunch of investors and venture capitalists. To make a return on that investment those owners need to sell on their stakes to other investors and venture capitalists.

    Such a sale can work out one of two ways: one a new set of venture capitalists replace the former and while ownership changes at the stock level there is a limited impact on CCP the company beyond the "make bank and grow" pressure any stockholder puts on a company. Two the stock is bought out by one of the big developers/publishers who will take a more hands on approach to CCP and its IP.

    Via unofficial channels the rumours are that it is case number one and that the current stockholders want a lot more than what is being offered to sell.
    CCP pays dividends. Stockholders make a return without selling their stake. CCP management reports to the board, the non-execs on which will be fairly myopically focused on profit and this dividend growth.

    If existing stockholders want to hold out for more, that implies that they've been pretty happy with their investment.

    Remember that the founding devs will all have fairly chunky equity themselves. Wouldnt be surprised if Hilmar would be a very, very rich man with this valuation.
    you dont maintain a cocaine habit like hilmars and stay in suits for over a decade without making bank

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •