hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eve for sale?

Eve for sale?

Just rumour mongering really.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ter-approaches

"CCP hf, the Icelandic game developer that created the cult classic Eve Online game, is exploring strategic options including a sale of the business after receiving interest from potential bidders, according to people with knowledge of the matter.

The closely held company’s owners, which include European investor Novator Partners LLP, U.S. investment fund General Catalyst Partners LLC and venture capitalist New Enterprise Associates Inc., are discussing whether or not to proceed with a sale, the people said, asking not to be identified because the deliberations are private. A sale of CCP could value the business at as much as 900 million euros ($955 million), the people said."

Not going to lie, if i owned ccp id sell it in a heartbeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Smuggo
    900 millions for Eve?

loooooooooool

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    900 millions for Eve?

loooooooooool
    The article implies the value is in their development of VR stuff.

omg no :/

Finally eve can die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

CCP bought by blizzard. Good bye cruel world.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue
    Keep digging your hole my retard. Can't read + can't understand why minmaxing bullshit and Play-to-Win is cancer in online games = a dumbfuck is you

900 millions for Eve?

loooooooooool
    Well, yes. February 2016 (with the introduction of skill injectors) was apparently CCP's most profitable month on record. This for a 19 year old company at the time. Now you've also got the spike in players with alpha clones, EVE Valkyrie is THE killer app for VR and now available on all 3 major platforms (Rift, Vive and PSVR) and Gunjack is the highest selling mobile VR game full stop. And yet some armchair experts can't look past "lul CCP are dumb because they took so long to nerf Svipuls" and hurf blurf about minor game balance issues like any of that even remotely matters from a real world business standpoint. When the value of a company like CCP is weighed up it's not just what they've got on the books now but also their track record and the earnings potential they have in the future. Turns out CCP have somehow managed to operate a profitable MMO for 13 years (where most fold after two), recover from some grave missteps that would have sunk other companies (WoD/Dust) and also ended up at the forefront of virtual reality. lol, yeah I guess they're pretty dumb because they added jump fatigue to capitals, hey?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Multsanti View Post
    I'd be surprised if it were Blizzard. I don't see CCP adding anything substantial to what they already have and I can't imagine them from a philosophical standpoint adopting someone else's IP rather than further developing their own homegrown sci-fi property in Starcraft.
    Last edited by Bam Stroker; December 9 2016 at 02:33:05 PM.
    EVE Down Under - a community for players in the AUTZ
    In-game channel: evedownunder // Twitter // Facebook // www.evedownunder.com

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bam Stroker View Post
    900 millions for Eve?

loooooooooool
    Well, yes. February 2016 (with the introduction of skill injectors) was apparently CCP's most profitable month on record. This for a 19 year old company at the time. Now you've also got the spike in players with alpha clones, EVE Valkyrie is THE killer app for VR and now available on all 3 major platforms (Rift, Vive and PSVR) and Gunjack is the highest selling mobile VR game full stop. And yet some armchair experts can't look past "lul CCP are dumb because they took so long to nerf Svipuls" and hurf blurf about minor game balance issues like any of that even remotely matters from a real world business standpoint. When the value of a company like CCP is weighed up it's not just what they've got on the books now but also their track record and the earnings potential they have in the future. Turns out CCP have somehow managed to operate a profitable MMO for 13 years (where most fold after two), recover from some grave missteps that would have sunk other companies (WoD/Dust) and also ended up at the forefront of virtual reality. lol, yeah I guess they're pretty dumb because they added jump fatigue to capitals, hey?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Multsanti View Post
    I'd be surprised if it were Blizzard. I don't see CCP adding anything substantial to what they already have and I can't imagine them from a philosophical standpoint adopting someone else's IP rather than further developing their own homegrown sci-fi property in Starcraft.
    To refine my original point.....

900 millions for eve?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOL

Given the endless complaint about CCP and their management/direction/failures-to-complete-stuff in EVE, are people really going to bitch and moan when/if someone else buys EVE?

Just for that, I hope it's Ubisoft who buys it. It's what EVE's playerbase deserves.

If they can sell this shitshow for 900mil they should lmao

CCP would just end up being bought by another investment company, probably not another games publisher/studio.

not particularly worried about this

if someone approached you and offered you money for something, you'd think about whether it's worth selling, whether you even want to sell it, etc (aka "exploring strategic options")

it doesnt mean its necessarily for sale, it just means that some people have approached ccp about it.

we'll see what "strategic option" ccp go for - im not optimistic about eve's future without ccp involved tho

imo people wanting to buy eve is a good sign, ccp actually going through with the sale is a bad sign. watch this space i guess
    MAX damage posting

The negotiations about the purchasing prace will be pure hell for the buyers.

CCP: 900.000.000,00 $.
    Buyer: No.
    CCP: 899.999.999,99 $
    Buyer: No.
    CCP: 899.999.999,98 $
    Buyer: Sigh

And at the end they'll be contract scammed.

If someone offered you money for your mother you'd kick off too Amantus! sensible thought processes be damned!

What you fail to realise is that Eve did more parenting to many of us here than our biological parents ever did,

I got led astray, told drugs where ok, made a team of friends, watched them backstab the shit out of eachother and leave me with nothing and nobody

i've been stolen from, lied to, shouted at, ignored, silently kicked out of groups i called home

beaten to a pulp, repeatedly, publicly shamed for it, humiliated, made an example of

and i paid for this.

still, don't judge me by my successes, judge me instead by how any times i fucked your mum.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    we'll see what "strategic option" ccp go for - im not optimistic about eve's future without ccp involved tho
    This isn't about CCP selling Eve, it's about the owners of CCP selling CCP.

They should definitely take the money before the VR fad is over.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPilot View Post
    They should definitely take the money before the VR fad is over.
    It won't be a fad once the technology catches up... give it 10 years or so and we'll probably be ditching huge monitors for a pair of sunglasses

Quote Originally Posted by GiDiYi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    This isn't about CCP selling Eve, it's about the owners of CCP selling CCP.
    Noone on FHC or Reddit understand how this works...