hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2633343536

Thread: Do we have a [what are you playing now] thread?

Quote Originally Posted by spitroast View Post
    Playing War Thunder abit again, arcade only mind, realistic is full of people that are better than me
    fyp

unless you mean tanks, in which case yeah, fuck that - the only way to have fun is to scrounge enough points for a schnellbomber and then go to town

I've played This War of Mine, liked it a lot. Also Wasteland 2 was really good.

I'll check out Sunless Sea for sure.

Picked up Crusader Kings 2 last week. I know im a , er, tad late to the party but oh boy. Loving it so far. Big ups to Omega for sorting me some info for beginners. Currently doing the whole Unite Ireland 1066 start to get a hold of the basics. Good stuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    I'm looking for more story driven single player games. I had a lot of fun with Banner Saga and will pick up the sequel soon. Is Sunless Seas similar?

Are the 2nd/3rd seasons of the Walking Dead as good as the 1st?

Essentially I'm married with kids so open world games are not allowed in my Steam Library anymore.
    If you haven't played them already: both Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny are good stories, IMHO.

I would add Transistor, A Story about my Uncle, 39 steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    I'm looking for more story driven single player games. I had a lot of fun with Banner Saga and will pick up the sequel soon. Is Sunless Seas similar?

Are the 2nd/3rd seasons of the Walking Dead as good as the 1st?

Essentially I'm married with kids so open world games are not allowed in my Steam Library anymore.
    Didn't play Banner Saga, but Sunless Sea has a fuckton of stories inside. It's quite a gem, but your captain is a consumable. To actually experience all the stories you'll need lots of captains. Good part is that when one does inevitably kick the bucket they can leave a legacy in different forms so the loss is easier to stomach.

It's lots of fun and the zubmariner expansion is excellent as well, brings in lots of lovely stuff.

Map is partially procedural, some ports are static and some change places between playthroughs, same with points of interest. There is an overall story arc progression depending on you, but lots of stuff are directly under your influence. It is also very immersive.

You may want to have a look at Out There Omega Edition, albeit this one is more like FTL (but more story rich) and overall less story rich than Sunless Sea.

THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN
    Also sunlight contraband.

Only because the Masters already fucked with the Judgements enough and don't want to tempt fate
    Jones: as someone who has played and loved both Banner Saga and Sunless Seas, SS has about 100x more story than Banner, and every word of it is excellent writing. It's like reading a pick-your-own-adventure novel, but in a video game. And yes, so incredibly immersive. Combat is not as good as Banner, though - play SS for the stories.

#BadAtBotes

I never finished Walking Dead S2. It seemed good, but it also confirmed that I really didn't need to know what Clementine did next.

If you're alright with indie side scrollers, I'm really enjoying Oxenfree atm. Has a cool dynamic conversation system that's a bit janky but when it works it really makes the dialogue feel a lot more natural than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spitroast View Post
    Playing War Thunder abit again, arcade only mind, realistic is full of people that are better than me
    fyp

unless you mean tanks, in which case yeah, fuck that - the only way to have fun is to scrounge enough points for a schnellbomber and then go to town
    realistic has been dogshit for ages for planes too m8

fuck that game