hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 111 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1161101108109110111112 LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2227

Thread: Do we have a [what are you playing now] thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Janeway84 View Post
    A friend talked me into picking up icarus, a survival game. Its not as deep ad ark but its fun and got nice graphics and cool physics where you an accidentally torch your shelter due to your crafting or cooking stations made your tatch walls catch fire wich spread and torched your hole house. Has talentpoints and techtree to unlock, nice animations and sound when hunting wildlife or chopping down resources. Tech from stonestuff to semi modern.
    Was cheap on steam ledd than 30 dollars i think.
    Also 8 player coop! Session based p2p servers wich is a bit of a downer since when the guy hosting goes off server dies.
    Got loads of unlocks to make it intresting to.
    Tons of potential that game, and recent patches have it moving in the right direction. Been playing since the beta, but stopped because it got old restarting again and again, building up, then doing the mission task in like an hour and restarting again. Needs more fun alien stuff, better missions, less schizophrenic design (catch pneumonia in a cave from breathing damp air in under a minute while wearing a sealed environment suit in which you can happily sit fully submerged for hours on end with enough oxy supply, and other silliness).

Edit: Oh and the 8-player co-op is a pipedream unless the host is running it on the Enterprise main computer. Performance drop for the host per-player is massive, most I ever managed was 4 (including me) before it got utterly unplayable.
    Last edited by Saul; April 8 2022 at 08:01:22 PM.

I've spent the last few weeks playing Outriders 'New Horizon' on gamepass with a few friends. It's definitely OK to Good, though i'm not sure how well the Endgame is going to keep my attention, it seems pretty samey.

The main stiry / plot is definitely worth playing through, it's well written, dark, intense and quite refreshing for a major title. If you have gamepass i'd reccomend it, and i think it's free on steam this weekend as there is an expansion coming out very soon.
    technology canít solve economic and political problems

I've returned back to Stalker like the warm comfy blanket that it is - this time picking up the fairly recent (and heavily worked on) G.A.M.M.A modpack - the gimmick is that guns/armors need to be scavenged and repaired as nobody ever sells them. The modpack builds on top of Anomaly, which itself is a mod effort that glues together maps from the three original games.

's pretty neat.
    All expressed opinions match those of my employers, hail satan

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    I've spent the last few weeks playing Outriders 'New Horizon' on gamepass with a few friends. It's definitely OK to Good, though i'm not sure how well the Endgame is going to keep my attention, it seems pretty samey.

The main stiry / plot is definitely worth playing through, it's well written, dark, intense and quite refreshing for a major title. If you have gamepass i'd reccomend it, and i think it's free on steam this weekend as there is an expansion coming out very soon.
    I have completely opposite view of it. I couldn't get past how cringe/edgy writing is in this game. Then came the ever present shaky cam. Followed by most generic cover shooter gameplay of the likes of Gears of War with some op abilities sprinkled in and incentives to keep you being aggressive and on the move instead of hunkering down. Maybe latter changed in patches.

Since we got a baby girl I have significantly lost my will/spare time/energy to play games. Mostly just doing 2 of 3 matches of WarThunder and that's that. I still buy most games I like to play though, but I just get bored easily.

However, as of this weekend i've stumbled accross Starship Troopers Terran Command. And I must admit I really like it. It's not too deep and you get stuck into the action pretty quick. Yet there is still (some) strategy involved. Also it was quite cheap.

Highly reccomend Keplerth, its like adventure mode (a la dwarf fortress) rimworld.

I need your help, FHC. I have been playing games for a long time to unwind and enjoy art in another form. Lately I've been really slammed and I found that I can't play games anymore the way I used to. I mean I do play them, but I don't really enjoy them.

I found myself booting a game up then going through the menus then quitting. It always feels like I'd be taking too long and I feel I don't have enough time. At the same time I'm wasting time browsing the internet, so the time is wasted anyway.

I managed to get swept into Elden Ring but I have a LOT of titles on hand that are great. Hollow Knight for example feels too hard (I keep dying like a moron), Ori is too complicated, Destiny 2 ruined Doom for me and I don't feel like going back on the Destiny treadmill again...

It feels like one of my favourite pastimes doesn't satisfy anymore but instead brings about a lot of guilt with it (after hitting about 100h in Elden Ring and finishing the game I want to play more but I just can't get myself around to anymore).

Ditto for online games, skipped an entire wipe of Tarkov because "no time" but in hindsight perhaps I could have found the time but again it's hard and the time investment is significant... aargh.

I still play sometimes Starcraft 2 with bots and the abomination that World of Warships has become and they leave me empty and feeling hollow. The heck can I do except just quit gaming altogether (I don't like the idea) or powering through it?
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Banned Movember 2011Movember 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    I need your help, FHC. I have been playing games for a long time to unwind and enjoy art in another form. Lately I've been really slammed and I found that I can't play games anymore the way I used to. I mean I do play them, but I don't really enjoy them.

I found myself booting a game up then going through the menus then quitting. It always feels like I'd be taking too long and I feel I don't have enough time. At the same time I'm wasting time browsing the internet, so the time is wasted anyway.

I managed to get swept into Elden Ring but I have a LOT of titles on hand that are great. Hollow Knight for example feels too hard (I keep dying like a moron), Ori is too complicated, Destiny 2 ruined Doom for me and I don't feel like going back on the Destiny treadmill again...

It feels like one of my favourite pastimes doesn't satisfy anymore but instead brings about a lot of guilt with it (after hitting about 100h in Elden Ring and finishing the game I want to play more but I just can't get myself around to anymore).

Ditto for online games, skipped an entire wipe of Tarkov because "no time" but in hindsight perhaps I could have found the time but again it's hard and the time investment is significant... aargh.

I still play sometimes Starcraft 2 with bots and the abomination that World of Warships has become and they leave me empty and feeling hollow. The heck can I do except just quit gaming altogether (I don't like the idea) or powering through it?
    What do you do for in-person gaming with others, or do you not have time?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

I have been gaming online with my friends I met in EvE for a while but lately I focused more on studying (big exam this fall) so haven't been very social with them Was planning on a come back this weekend but damn Tarkov wiped and I feel they're not keen on playing this wipe

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    The answer is always Deep Rock Galactic. FOR ROCK AND STONE

All titles you listed require your constant attention/interaction, i.e. they determine the pace of your gameplay.

Have you tried out titles that let you set the pace? Like city builders (hint: Cities:Skylines is still up for grabs), colony builders, simulations (e.g. Jurrasic Park), round-based strategy or rogue like games etc.

I often let e.g. my City just roll and settle/build the new areas I just layed down (City:Skylines, Banished) or let my pawns do their daily jobs (RimWorld) and either just watch and enjoy the game or listen to that radio report or watch that TV documentary.

From personal experience this is more of a mental health issue than a games issue. Go outside, it's summer
    I've just got out of a similar rut. I was drinking too much, rather cross a lot of the time and so on and forth.
    Spending more time sitting outside reading a book with ONE beer not swearing at a computer flipping though multiple games. it's better.
    technology canít solve economic and political problems

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Added that to my wishlist, will try it for sure at one point, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    All titles you listed require your constant attention/interaction, i.e. they determine the pace of your gameplay.

Have you tried out titles that let you set the pace? Like city builders (hint: Cities:Skylines is still up for grabs), colony builders, simulations (e.g. Jurrasic Park), round-based strategy or rogue like games etc.

I often let e.g. my City just roll and settle/build the new areas I just layed down (City:Skylines, Banished) or let my pawns do their daily jobs (RimWorld) and either just watch and enjoy the game or listen to that radio report or watch that TV documentary.
    Yes, played Factorio then stopped around 60 hours because that thing is an incredible time warp But indeed, I noticed that Plague Inc and Factorio feel more chill to play.

Will probably give FTL another go since I still have some ships to unlock

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    From personal experience this is more of a mental health issue than a games issue. Go outside, it's summer
    I've just got out of a similar rut. I was drinking too much, rather cross a lot of the time and so on and forth.
    Spending more time sitting outside reading a book with ONE beer not swearing at a computer flipping though multiple games. it's better.
    True enough, however IRL things are going quite well (new gf, actually being relaxed with that), probably need to chill out a bit more and repeat to myself games aren't going anywhere for the time being Thank you!

Into the breach is also getting advanced edition upgrade in few weeks

Finding myself more time limited for long play sessions, I too have erred towards titles that don't require constant attention. KSP is still my go to but also Battletech (Steam remote play together works really well), Transport Fever 2, X4, Space Engineers and (dare I say it) even Farming Sim all fit the bill.

Played some Factorio and just stared at transport belts. Confirmed therapeutic. Date tomorrow. Life's not bad

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Added that to my wishlist, will try it for sure at one point, thank you!
    To expand on why I recommend that: DRG is the only game I know that has multiplayer with an incredibly low barrier to entry. You can fire up the game whenever you want to, join an ongoing multiplayer game that suits your intended difficulty level of the day (plenty of days I just want to faff about without too much of a challenge so I pick 2/5 or maybe 3/5). And once you join the ongoing mission everyone is happy you're there and you can finish the mission without typing a single line in chat. Most multiplayer missions finish with only a 'gg' at the end without any additional chatting, because it's simply not needed. But you know when they're happy with you because they'll be hitting the V key on their keyboard and the characters will be shouting FOR ROCK AND STONE and a long list of other lines all the time. The game is designed in such a way that a lot of things are obvious without needing to communicate about them and there is a good pinging system for the things that do require coordination (especially the Engineer and Scout class work together a lot usually).

If you're really not feeling interaction with other people the single player mode is also decent (you get a little robot to sort of act as a second player), especially for trying out weird things, but I'd definitely recommend going multiplayer once you have a very rudimentary idea of what you're doing. People are incredibly tolerant of "greenbeards" who barely know what they're doing at lower difficulty levels, the community is amazing. Also a game usually last only 15-30 minutes, so if you just want to play for a bit you do one or two missions and call it a night.

Conversely, at the highest difficulty levels, people are quite intense about doing well and doing it as fast as possible, so only join a Haz 5 game when you feel ready for that and want that kind of challenge!
    Last edited by Overspark; July 5 2022 at 07:34:30 AM.

Yo, finished King Arthur: Knight's Tale

tl;dr its pretty fucking good if you like the genre

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1..._Knights_Tale/

Its your typical turn based RPG - assemble a party of 4, haze baddies in turn-based combat, gain levels/gear.
    At first glance you might think they over-simplified a bunch of mechanics you'd expect from a game in the genre.
    There is a "World Map" which you can't travel, you just select mission after mission.
    Level design is pretty basic - railroad from combat encounter to combat encounter, with some being optional and some loot in between/at the end.
    Skill trees and stat systems are pretty simple.
    HP attrition/campfire system from pillars of eternity that does just enough that you have to manage your party/swap out injured heroes when playing on max difficulty.
    Castle/home-base upgrade system that is very bare-bones.
    There is a bit of story, but its nothing to write home about.
    Combat mechanics do not have the depth you may have seen in other games of the genre like Pathfinder or Divinity:OS, there isnt even that much RNG involved

And yet... i easily spent 80 hours playing through all of the game, and while towards the end the usual "game too easy cause you figured out what to abuse" RPG type of thing happens, i did have a bunch of very memorable and challenging combat where i had to use all i had to just barely beat the encounter, including semi-cheese door tactics

I feel like the indie developer (NeocoreGames - never heard of them before) really understood what it is that makes these sorts of games fun. All the important bits are there.

Can absolutely recommend this if you liked wasteland 2/3 or Divinity
    Last edited by n0th; July 5 2022 at 09:50:19 AM.

Partially why I've been leaning more and more towards board games and tabletop stuff. Painting models has been more enjoyable hobby time for me than video games now and I can be more social and creative with friends. I did pick up Underrail to play.