hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 115158596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1359

Thread: Do we have a [what are you playing now] thread?

  1. #1201
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    19,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    The future should be DRM free stuff
    Its like you've forgotten why we ended up in this mess in the first place.
    Companies can't understand that people can't just conjure up monies to buy stuff they wouldn't have bought anyway due to lack of money just because of DRM. Piracy will always exist, but instead of making products better and incite people buying them (Witcher 3), they make them mediocre-bad and expect people to buy them (Shadow of the Tomb Raider).
    Bad products aside, I remember the level of casual piracy before copy protection. It was literally easier to pirate a game than buy it in a shop. I could probably list hundreds of games I have played and never seen a legally purchased copy of. I know people that legitimately didn't know you had to pay for Windows and Nero until a long time in to the 2000s.

    You are never going to stop piracy, but you can significantly reduce the amount of casual piracy, which is exactly what steam has been great at.

    Don't get me wrong I would love a DRM free world and I think the always on root kit your system DRM should burn in hell, but I can also kinda see the other side.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  2. #1202
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,318
    Yes, I wholeheartedly agree with this. Steam managed to resolve the distribution issues in a fantastic way, basically bringing everything at your fingertips, easily understood for everybody.

    Found a particularly funny thing the other day:


    Thing is customers seem to understand more and more nowadays, so it's not all bad. See the Battlefield V flop, for example. "you are uneducated neckbeards, so don't buy the game if you don't like it" -> "fine" -> 63% decrease in sales compared to BF1. Lul.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  3. #1203

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    4,453
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    so, what are you guys playing atm?
    In no particular order: Rimworld, Slay the Spire, WoWS

  4. #1204

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    4,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    The future should be DRM free stuff
    Its like you've forgotten why we ended up in this mess in the first place.
    Companies can't understand that people can't just conjure up monies to buy stuff they wouldn't have bought anyway due to lack of money just because of DRM. Piracy will always exist, but instead of making products better and incite people buying them (Witcher 3), they make them mediocre-bad and expect people to buy them (Shadow of the Tomb Raider).
    Bad products aside, I remember the level of casual piracy before copy protection. It was literally easier to pirate a game than buy it in a shop. I could probably list hundreds of games I have played and never seen a legally purchased copy of.
    Indeed. One could even lend video games over here. You received the full install boxed version and were expected to uninstall after rental...

    You are never going to stop piracy, but you can significantly reduce the amount of casual piracy, which is exactly what steam has been great at.

    Don't get me wrong I would love a DRM free world and I think the always on root kit your system DRM should burn in hell, but I can also kinda see the other side.
    To add to the above, as mentioned a couple of times already, Steam added value for the player. One could have implemented a similar lightweight DRM without adding anything of value for the player. And I guess that's why most players who are in general against the idea of DRM, accept Steam's implementaion ... which, as also pointed out earlier, has been perverted by publishers/game companies adding their (mostly shitty) DRM on top of it.

    Related article: Evidence continues to mount about how bad Denuvo is for PC gaming performance

  5. #1205
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    16,899
    Also seem to be ignoring everything else steam brings to the table with regards to multi-player

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

  6. #1206
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,413
    Don't forget Steam also allows you to share your entire library with your family members on their own accounts. Takes a bit of effort to set up, but is surprisingly free of restrictions. I think the only one is that it doesn't let a family member play the game you're playing yourself.

  7. #1207

    Join Date
    December 20, 2013
    Posts
    599
    Been playing Warframe, and getting into Stellaris 2.2.3. Picked up some more Stellaris DLCs in the sale, as well as the Darkest Dungeon DLCs - I'll need to give that another spin sometime soon.

  8. #1208

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    14,003
    Battle Brothers.

    As with most games, I am a bad.


  9. #1209

    Join Date
    December 15, 2011
    Location
    The Establishment
    Posts
    1,435
    Sigh. I'm playing TripleA with a friend. Again. It's taking a loooong time and I'll prolly end up ramming ze allies in a ditch somewhere in Smolensk or something. But it's good fun. And free.

  10. #1210
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    19,533
    Fell off the production line bandwagon last night when I forgot to put an engine in my cars and people still bought them for 25k.. Game needs quite a bit of work but I guess it does actually tell you it's an alpha when you load it..

    Back to Warframe this weekend then.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  11. #1211
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Fell off the production line bandwagon last night when I forgot to put an engine in my cars and people still bought them for 25k..
    <insert tesla joke here>

  12. #1212
    Kilabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Don't forget Steam also allows you to share your entire library with your family members on their own accounts. Takes a bit of effort to set up, but is surprisingly free of restrictions. I think the only one is that it doesn't let a family member play the game you're playing yourself.
    Nope, I am sharing with my son because I had some Lego stuff on my account. While he plays a family-share-game I canīt play anything else. He is basically using my "license" that means the whole account. He only getīs his own save-games and so on.

    What works fine is starting a game with familiy-share and then turn of the network. Wonīt disrupt the game and I can start a game without him getting kicked out of the game. Only have to do a cloud syncro when he is done playing.

  13. #1213

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    4,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Don't forget Steam also allows you to share your entire library with your family members on their own accounts. Takes a bit of effort to set up, but is surprisingly free of restrictions. I think the only one is that it doesn't let a family member play the game you're playing yourself.
    Nope, I am sharing with my son because I had some Lego stuff on my account. While he plays a family-share-game I canīt play anything else. He is basically using my "license" that means the whole account. He only getīs his own save-games and so on.
    Yeah, that implementation as it is, is a bit stupid. I'd rather like to see it implemented on a game-by-game basis: I lend you a game. And during the lease time, I can't play it, but you. You "hand it back", and I'm fine to play it again. Ofc there needs to be the possibility for the original owner to force it back somehow, to cover all those scenarios where the other one won't/can't give it back.

  14. #1214
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    1,760
    Bought a switch for myself for Christmas

    Got smash (I played the shit out of melee as a teenager)

    Any other pickups I should get apart form Zelda?

  15. #1215

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    6,398
    If you liked the original pokemon games, the new Let's Go game is kinda fun. Switch ports of indie games like Shovel Knight & Stardew Valley are supposed to be pretty good, too.

  16. #1216
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    8,344


    this

  17. #1217
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    19,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Bought a switch for myself for Christmas

    Got smash (I played the shit out of melee as a teenager)

    Any other pickups I should get apart form Zelda?
    I really loved neurovoider and you need Mario Kart 8 because it's the best one they have made.

    I just got thumper on sale and its nice but I'm glad I didn't pay full price.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  18. #1218

    Join Date
    December 20, 2013
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Bought a switch for myself for Christmas

    Got smash (I played the shit out of melee as a teenager)

    Any other pickups I should get apart form Zelda?
    Hollow Knight is a good action platformer if that's your jam. I played on PC, but its pretty much made for a controller.

  19. #1219
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    19,533
    If you want a stupid add 4 player 'party' game that's a lot of fun.. Overcooked (1 or 2) will keep everyone panicked and laughing. Its also one of the few games where using a single joycon feels OK because its not a serious game and the tiny tiny controller adds to the fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  20. #1220

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    12,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Eranziel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Bought a switch for myself for Christmas

    Got smash (I played the shit out of melee as a teenager)

    Any other pickups I should get apart form Zelda?
    Hollow Knight is a good action platformer if that's your jam. I played on PC, but its pretty much made for a controller.
    Hollow Knight and The Messenger, also Shovel Knight. Oh and Dead Cells if "roguelite" gameplay intrigues you.

    Stellar stellar 2d scenes.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •