hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we have a [what are you playing now] thread?

Playing CoM. Got spawned in the newbie village and people give out missions for other locations.
    After some runs that only got me 4 cans of baked beans and a flashlight i decided to sneak up on the ATP bandit camp (first shootout in the shoc), got ganked before i even heard the first cheeki-breeki.

FML, gonna hack the moneys to at least get a mosin or smth
    Last edited by RazoR; March 20 2017 at 08:00:06 PM.

doom is half price so I picked it up. It's as much of a lol as I was expecting but playing the trailer kind of spoiled some of the gameplay for me

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    There is also a Call of Misery merge for it.
    sold
    I have downloaded the gog CoP, CoC from moddb and CoM from that russian forum and all appear to be standalone
    yes, CoC is standalone

I wasn't aware of the p. neat level Stalker modding has reached (only got into it some months ago).

AMK: Autumn Edition has a n1 installer which lets you select to install or not install certain elements from the included mods AND a configurator with loads of options for every aspect of the game (technical and gameplay)
    OGSE is standalone with a n1 configurator as well
    CoC is standalone (haven't played CoC myself though, still playing around with ShoC mods, Clear Sky and CoP Vanilla.)

All mods I've played so far have made good changes to the UI (with OGSE being the least polished, but it fits the theme imo) or even introduced their own, sleek look in case of Autumn Aurora, have features like configurable autosaves n shit

really, really good stuff all around

tbh with my gaming preferences and all the stuff there is regarding Stalker, I really doubt I am going to get into any other FPS/walking around in a world and shooting simulator in the next years.
    Last edited by FatFreddy; March 20 2017 at 10:31:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

I really doubt I am going to get into any other FPS/walking around in a world and shooting simulator in the next years.
    Are there any? Besides Arma/dayz that is.

inb4 borderlands

Stalker is still the king, this is why it has one of the liveliest modding communities 10 years after the release.

I really doubt I am going to get into any other FPS/walking around in a world and shooting simulator in the next years.
    Are there any? Besides Arma/dayz that is.

inb4 borderlands

Stalker is still the king, this is why it has one of the liveliest modding communities 10 years after the release.
    Metro? Really love the atmosphere and game play on that. Especially the Ranger mode. It is very linear but done well.

too much of a corridor shooter imo

I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Quote Originally Posted by Mythago View Post
    It is very linear
    So, not "walking around in a world" :P

Metros are great FPS but there's not much to do after a couple of playthroughs.

my gf bought all of the bioshock collection and borderlands2 on steam because she is a good girl

phoneposting

Smuggo
    Weren't the stalker guys working on some new game?did anything come of it or was it abandoned?

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Weren't the stalker guys working on some new game?did anything come of it or was it abandoned?
    some went to A4 games - creators of Metro series
    some set up Vostok games and made a neat if uninspired F2P multiplayer FPS - Survarium

Actual Stalker 2 is in dev/hell.

Smuggo
    Bleugghh F2P multiplayer...

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Bleugghh F2P multiplayer...
    You get mosin and toz at level 0 and they reliably oneshot people v0v

survivarium is deradful it's very verty vad

phoneposting

I wasn't aware of the p. neat level Stalker modding has reached (only got into it some months ago).

AMK: Autumn Edition has a n1 installer which lets you select to install or not install certain elements from the included mods AND a configurator with loads of options for every aspect of the game (technical and gameplay)
    OGSE is standalone with a n1 configurator as well
    CoC is standalone (haven't played CoC myself though, still playing around with ShoC mods, Clear Sky and CoP Vanilla.)

All mods I've played so far have made good changes to the UI (with OGSE being the least polished, but it fits the theme imo) or even introduced their own, sleek look in case of Autumn Aurora, have features like configurable autosaves n shit

really, really good stuff all around

tbh with my gaming preferences and all the stuff there is regarding Stalker, I really doubt I am going to get into any other FPS/walking around in a world and shooting simulator in the next years.

This is relevant to my interests. Googlefu is failing me. Please can you post some links? As so often with mature modding communities, it's full of acronyms, merge mods and out of date guides which is hopelessly confusing for a dumb fuck like me.

So i hacked myself 99999 roubles. Got a mosin and the best armor Sidorovich could offer (which is still wank).

Went to the north to do a couple of missions that resolved themselves (bandit i was supposed to kill cleared out the mutants i had to take care off and then died of bloodloss or something) so i decided to take a nap in the building NE of the railroad bridge.

Awakening was rather rude as i saw three dog faces staring at me through the wall from outside (on the second floor, nothing new heh) and after i dealt with them a band mercs showed up. One had a fancy silenced M4A1 i immediately had to use to get through the dozen bandits south to the bridge. Backpack was reaching critical levels so i had to dump all the looted guns save for the M4. A single beretta would only cover a can of baked beans anyway.

I had about two mags for the PM and three clips for the Mosin when i saw a couple of loners shooting a big pack of dogs and a psy pseudodog in the valley before the newbie village. Managed to snipe the real mindfuckery little shit but as the loners lost i had to to ward off the dogs on plain, open ground by myself. Upon the killing blow i have promptly quit the game.

Definitely buying a long shotgun if i get through this.

Update: Made it to the marshes since i figure it's one of the best starting sandboxes, with great sniping potential. Could join the Clear Sky but apparently faction warfare is dead so i have to get a submod or something. With all the shit i have to carry around the backpack is constantly at just 10kg free space.
    Last edited by RazoR; March 21 2017 at 06:09:25 AM.

Playing doom on ultra-nightmare was a fucking cake walk. I've just entered Hell for the first time though and the first big arena I went to actually managed to kill me on my first try unlike literally every other arena I've faced so far. Fingers crossed it stays this challenging for the rest of the play through

EDIT: Me not dying in other arenas only counts for enemies killing me not the very large amount of times I let a rocket off while jumping only for it to connect with an indestructible light bulb 2 feet away from my face

phoneposting

Rockets? #Railgun4life

Banned
    Siege is still ruining my expectations of my own skill

otherwise, Automata is taking up all of my time
    [img]http://orig14.deviantart.net/351d/f/2015/121/c/0/_cover_zing__krul_tepes_by_skanantene-d8rqmf5.png[/img]

Banned
    Doesn't play for me, weird