hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we have a [what are you playing now] thread?

Quote Originally Posted by friznit View Post
    Thanks Snottus! ALiVE certainly has been a labour of love over the last 4+ years.
    And it shows.
    The world is against me, it wouldn't be fair otherwise"

What the fuck is wrong with these people? No Man's Sky was such a fiasco at launch, didn't improve, critics are bad all around and now it is on 40% sale on Steam and it is 2nd top selling game? What the fuck?
    Hiro Cor

Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with these people? No Man's Sky was such a fiasco at launch, didn't improve, critics are bad all around and now it is on 40% sale on Steam and it is 2nd top selling game? What the fuck?
    Dont underestimate how stupid people can be. After all people still preorder games.

Quote Originally Posted by Levark View Post
    Dont underestimate how stupid people can be. After all people still preorder games.
    Some games are safe to pre-order, blizzard games, elder scrolls titles, pokemon games and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Its not what games are safe or not, it is about what financial stimulus you give companies to prioritize which actions. I.e. give them money to validate the marketing hype machind rather then good old boring reviews...

Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    Its not what games are safe or not, it is about what financial stimulus you give companies to prioritize which actions. I.e. give them money to validate the marketing hype machind rather then good old boring reviews...
    i feel sorry to steal someone else's bit but...

just dont preorder videogames ._. you're spot on, its bad for industry trends and results in shit for the consumer, so just say no

Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Some games are safe to pre-order:
    elder scrolls titles
    Like eldar scrolls online? or did you mean specifically Bethesda stuff like fallout 4 ?

Because both of these have be panned by the majority of people here.

In hindsight I dont think I would preorder from Beth again as fo4 - whilst I still play it now and again when bored - was a bit of a disappointment after seeing how games like that should be done aka Witcher 3.

I'll probably pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 though

Preorded both Doom and Stellaris. Didn't regret either, even Stellaris in its basic state was several steps above the shit-tier 4X's like Sots and Galciv

It was so obvious that No Man's Sky was bullshit, so I think only morons got sucked into that

Civ is a no-brainer preorder for me. I enyoed every release so far since Civ I, even the vanilla versions that everyone is up in arms about.

But I somewhat agree that preordering and not delivering has become a plague these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Some games are safe to pre-order:
    elder scrolls titles
    Like eldar scrolls online? or did you mean specifically Bethesda stuff like fallout 4 ?

Because both of these have be panned by the majority of people here.

In hindsight I dont think I would preorder from Beth again as fo4 - whilst I still play it now and again when bored - was a bit of a disappointment after seeing how games like that should be done aka Witcher 3.

I'll probably pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 though
    I see no reason to get a beth game on release anyway, they always need mods to fix some utterly stupid decisions imo.

Real talk tho, ESO is actually very good for an MMO now.

well NMS at 40% is probably what it should of cost in the first place.. at least they seem to be developing a game around it now unlike the shallow release version.

I have not bought a pre release game since Duke Nukem forever.. and bought it waaay in advance lol. Developers have been getting shadier for a long time now and i rarely even buy a game that isnt 50% off.

Cyberpunk 2077 does look good, and probably mount and blade i will buy on release otherwise not alot interesting for me.

Banned
    Morhau looks pretty funky, like Chivalry but not absolute garbage

Currently finishing up a DEUS VULT playthrough on Warhammer Total War

(why would you ever pre-order a Bethesda game when it takes about a year for their games to become good?)

I have pre-ordered Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    *paging steph*

*whispers*
    where? still pondering if i should get deluxe, but havent seen that anywhere but at origin itself^^

Getting upset about other people pre-ordering titles just shows how dull your life must be.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    *paging steph*

*whispers*
    where? still pondering if i should get deluxe, but havent seen that anywhere but at origin itself^^
    You've seen what they have put out already? It looks like dogshit.

You cant trust reviews too much, take mount and blade for example, critics hated it yet it was/is an epic game.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

You cant trust reviews too much, take mount and blade for example, critics hated it yet it was/is an epic game.
    Let's meet in the middle and say it's fun "tactical" horsey pokey battles on top of a bad, clunky, really simple sid meiers pirates on land.

I was really relieved though when it turned out romancing someface in M&B at least doesn't involve prancing around to to droning flute music by hammering numpad keys. I hope they put something like this in M&B 2 just to troll everyone.
    Last edited by FatFreddy; March 11 2017 at 10:25:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Killing Robot Dinosaurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Killing Robot Dinosaurs.

zoids!

Looks fun though. What's the rest of the game like?