hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 92 of 93 FirstFirst ... 42828990919293 LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 1843

Thread: Do we have a [what are you playing now] thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Microsofts main business isnt publishing games. They throw money at it because it keeps people in the ecosystem.

Not really a fair comparison.

(PSA i have no idea about their financials, but AA titles on release for basically free doesnt seem sustainable)
    Focus have changed given yesterdays announcement(s)?
    No? They keep making Xbox a more attractive console is all.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    They reported earlier this year that they had 10 million Xbox game pass subscribers. Depending on how those subscribers split between console and PC, that's in the neighbourhood of a billion dollars in revenue a year. Sure, it isn't a huge part of their operating income, but I'm fairly certain you can get a decent deal with publishers that allows you to get a decent profit margin.
    It is now over 15 million - which even if everyone is the $1 introductory rate (which I doubt) is a revenue stream of $15 million a month. Enough to buy out great gaming studios and publishers like Zenimax Media. It's the best gaming value around by far and the reason I plan to buy my first ever Xbox when pre-orders go live today.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    They reported earlier this year that they had 10 million Xbox game pass subscribers. Depending on how those subscribers split between console and PC, that's in the neighbourhood of a billion dollars in revenue a year. Sure, it isn't a huge part of their operating income, but I'm fairly certain you can get a decent deal with publishers that allows you to get a decent profit margin.
    It is now over 15 million - which even if everyone is the $1 introductory rate (which I doubt) is a revenue stream of $15 million a month. Enough to buy out great gaming studios and publishers like Zenimax Media. It's the best gaming value around by far and the reason I plan to buy my first ever Xbox when pre-orders go live today.
    You can have gamepass on PC, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Even better. Same sub works on both at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Even better. Same sub works on both at the same time.
    Yup, I plan on getting Game Pass Ultimate eventually so having more devices to maximize it is part of my master plan.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    gamepass on pc (not ultimate) is going up to £7.99 btw

Thank you for being a loyal subscriber to Xbox Game Pass for PC.

As of 17 September 2020, Xbox Game Pass for PC is ending introductory pricing and exiting Beta. As we are ending our introductory pricing, your recurring monthly subscription fee is increasing from £3.99 to £7.99; existing subscribers will keep their current subscription fee for 30 days. You will be charged the new price your first billing cycle after 17 October 2020, unless you choose to cancel your subscription before your next scheduled payment in your Microsoft account at Services & subscriptions.

That's still cheap af, heard it will end up at 15.

Oh totally agree, just warning it wont be £1

Meanwhile, I just loaded up on 3-month Game Pass Ultimate keys for $24 at CDkeys.

What teds posted was always meant to be the final price iirc for the pc only pass.

15 being ultimate with xcloud and console pass etc.

BTW, I have tried xcloud and it works rly well.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Among us and wow prepping for prepatch for new expansion( yes wow still exists)

Also cod

Butthole
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    anything soviet is of evil

Just burned an hour and a half on the EVERSPACE 2 demo.

It was... underwhelming. I'm not sure if they tweaked the flight controls since Everspace, but it just didn't feel as good. And the UI... eh. I might get used to it, but at the moment it does that thing where icons for objects that aren't in front of you get put on a ring around the edge of the screen... except it's not around the edge of the screen. It's maybe a little more than halfway from your crosshair to the edge of the screen, which I guess makes it easier to find since the icons aren't off to the edge, but it clutters the middle of the screen and has them close enough that I frequently thought something was nearly in front of me when it was actually nearly behind.

Granted, the game is currently in closed beta, doesn't hit early access until december, and the demo appeared to be stripped down to far less than what paying customers get access to.

I don't know if that means there's simply more content for people who supported the game, or if things like the UI are updated as well.

Still. Free demo on the store page, decent for an hour of dicking around before finishing all of the content available.

There were two menu screens deliberately left out of the demo, one labeled "Management" and the other "Missions." Maybe they will be awesome and will redeem my current quibbles with the game.
    Quarantined and loving life.

I am still stuck in Conquerors Blade. It´s like Mount and Blade combat light. You unlock more units with "honor" you earn in battles, multiple weapons to grind up with different skills and builds to use. Third person combat feels kind of fun.
    Early game is very focused on hero combat because you are overwhelmingly strong compared to the troops running around, late game becomes more and more about using your unit right too because high tier stuff can fuck you up fast if you are not careful.

But what keeps me ingame for so long is a very very nice F2P system. Units of every tier can be unlocked with more or less easy achievements and a little bit of grind.
    Games are also nicely balanced with every tier of units still being present in every game because you still have to pay "maintenance" for the stronger units, so people dont spam them as much.
    You also get 1-2 units per week as auxiliaries from a set of offers you can choose from to buff up your ranks. In theory you pick a high tier unit and use that a whole week to earn money and pay your actual men.

Also has an open world part to craft unit and personal gear and territory wars where you can conquer cities and stuff with you house and play "competitive sieges" against other guilds.

forza save file corrupted

It stored our North, our South, our East and West,
    Our driving time and Sunday rest,
    Our influence, our home, our car, our song;
    We thought the save would last forever, we were wrong.
    Last edited by GeromeDoutrande; September 26 2020 at 10:26:33 AM.

Some 100+ hours into Pillars of Eternity 2. Not quite as good as 1 but very, very close imho. I absolutely love it!

But I fucked up my revenue stream coz I didnt think my actions through. Decided that I draw the line at slave trade and went on to stop that, only to realize that once I did the slave trade ships stopped sailing.

Now how will I afford my Galleon? Shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Some 100+ hours into Pillars of Eternity 2. Not quite as good as 1 but very, very close imho. I absolutely love it!

But I fucked up my revenue stream coz I didnt think my actions through. Decided that I draw the line at slave trade and went on to stop that, only to realize that once I did the slave trade ships stopped sailing.

Can you seize other people's slave trading vessels in an act of benevolent emancipation? Because you get to keep the ships afterwards... Moral piracy!
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Amarr intensifies
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post

Can you seize other people's slave trading vessels in an act of benevolent emancipation? Because you get to keep the ships afterwards... Moral piracy!
    Amarr victor!

No/not quite, and its a bit of a hassle. I took a stand against slavery, by attacking all slave ships I could see, killing the crew and taking all their stuff.
    When I then went for the slavers main port, rescued some poor souls and killed all slavers the slave ships...dried up.

Went to find me some vampires on this cursed island tonight, they drop good loot. Thought I would clear one more room before going to bed. Got my ass handed to me, messed up my tactical advantage on start, my best fighter got mind controlled and downed my wizard in with 3 hits.
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Got to play Final Fantasy VII Remake for a few hours yesterday. Not the biggest fan of the battle system, but I'm getting better at it a lot faster than when I tried playing Crisis Core on the PSP.

This version actually makes me care about the supporting characters, unlike the original where they were little more than interchangeable puppets.