hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 384546474849 LastLast

Thread: Do we have a [what are you playing now] thread?

Bought Horizon: Zero Dawn for my roommate for christmas. He promptly left the country before being able to install it. Finally got a chance to play yesterday... and then burned all of today as well, and tomorrow may be similar. We'll see.

Anyone have recommendations for making PS4 controllers less wonky? The look sensitivity just seems really bizarre, but I might just be terrible with controllers after using KBM for anything like that for a decade.
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    Bought Horizon: Zero Dawn for my roommate for christmas. He promptly left the country before being able to install it. Finally got a chance to play yesterday... and then burned all of today as well, and tomorrow may be similar. We'll see.

Anyone have recommendations for making PS4 controllers less wonky? The look sensitivity just seems really bizarre, but I might just be terrible with controllers after using KBM for anything like that for a decade.
    AFAIK you can change some settings on the ps4 itself? Could be wrong. Probably in game too.

The DS4 is imo an amazing controller, but I had the same issues in Horizon, and horizon only so dunno. I like the game well enough but I'm not getting sucked into it at all.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

AFAIK you can change some settings on the ps4 itself? Could be wrong. Probably in game too.

The DS4 is imo an amazing controller, but I had the same issues in Horizon, and horizon only so dunno. I like the game well enough but I'm not getting sucked into it at all.

I get sucked in... and then I have to fight a sawtooth or something else that likes to run at my face and make me dodge, and suddenly I'm fighting to keep the camera on the thing without getting eaten.

Still, game is awesome. Controls are just wonky.
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

I get sucked in... and then I have to fight a sawtooth or something else that likes to run at my face and make me dodge, and suddenly I'm fighting to keep the camera on the thing without getting eaten.

I should point out that that's the same for me, i begin to get sucked in but then the controls take me right out.

But i suppose its my fault for playing it right after Bloodborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Bought Stick Fight: The Game on Steam 'cause a mate bought a 4 pack and it's almost exclusively what we've all played for the past 2 days.
    Still heavily into smashing one another in Stick Fight (it's even more fun now we've turned health up 200% so fights last a little longer, much more intense) but now playing the PvP ver. of Fortnite with a mate, notbad.jpg

I mean it's basically a direct rip-off of PUBG but it's a) completely free and b) I can run it <_<;

I should point out that that's the same for me, i begin to get sucked in but then the controls take me right out.

I had no problems with the camera. Maybe a bug introduced in a patch or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post

I had no problems with the camera. Maybe a bug introduced in a patch or something?

I have a sometimes challenging time keeping the enemy in my sights. I'm used to third person games where you're expected to be dodging charging enemies having a way to lock the camera to them. That doesn't work if you're expected to aim precisely to knock bits and pieces off of them, so (as far as I can tell) there's no such mechanic. This becomes frustrating in close quarters fights, particularly when terrain (walls or trees) pushes the camera around in unpredictable ways.

Might be working as intended, it's forcing me to rely on other tools to avoid letting them get close in the first place. For example, swapping to my tripcaster if I'm being chased and just plunking down a couple wires to throw them off while I boogie.

Still, getting ambushed by snapjaws while trying to get to a tallneck was a little hair raising.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post

Don't think so. I just think the melee combat is kind of shit in the game mostly. :P

EvE. WTF.
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

I moved our gaming PC into the living room so I could clear up the study and then sell the PC. It's being used temporarily as a media box plugged into the TV but I have nothing else I can play muh games on. Feel like pulling my hair out not being able to play some TF2

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Dead Cells, aka Dark Souls if it was 2D and also wanted to be Castlevania with randomly generated levels.

Pretty much just PUBG and The Long Dark. Work trip coming up so I might play Banner Saga 2.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Dying Light is currently 9.99 amid speculation that they're going to announce a sequel, it's very good and an absolute steal at that price.

Giving Foxhole a go. More fun off the bat than I was expecting. Kind of like an rts except every unit is a player. Not sure what it says about me, but so far I'm mostly playing a resource gatherer.

Played a quickie FTL game.

Got full crew, including 2x Rock and a Mantis for nice beating up stuff. Teleporter w/ reconstructive teleport and zoltan shield bypass.

Encounter piwat. Through an elaborate on and offlining the main guns managed to drop his shields and nuke his sick bay. Teleport the two rock people into their sick bay for ez kills. Piwat jumps away. With my 2 rock people.

Table flipped whilst loling. This is why I love this game.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Didn't see a thread for Ghost of a Tale - maybe it doesn't deserve one but it is most certainly worth playing, good game!
    Stealthy 3rd person adventure with a lot of character and soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Snottus View Post
    Didn't see a thread for Ghost of a Tale - maybe it doesn't deserve one but it is most certainly worth playing, good game!
    Stealthy 3rd person adventure with a lot of character and soul.
    And cuteness. If you're not daaaawwwing constantly you must be dead inside.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Picked up FFXV

The game is disturbly well made, even if you have to watch 3 other bits of media to really understand the first 5 hours properly

Cured my addiction to Factorio by getting addicted to Kerbal Space Program. FML.

Quote Originally Posted by friznit View Post
    Cured my addiction to Factorio by getting addicted to Kerbal Space Program. FML.
    i need to get back in to Factorio.. I never really played it again since i could just mass murder everything and got my train system working.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.