hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 112 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1262102109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2285

Thread: Do we have a [what are you playing now] thread?

There's a whole world out there beyond videogames. Grab this opportunity before you find something that pulls you back into the cesspit.

edit: This Land is My Land is a janky, fun time.
    Last edited by Lancehot; July 9 2022 at 11:45:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    I need your help, FHC. I have been playing games for a long time to unwind and enjoy art in another form. Lately I've been really slammed and I found that I can't play games anymore the way I used to. I mean I do play them, but I don't really enjoy them.
    Not to sound too much like an old fart, but thats why I only play games that are turn-based or have a core gameplay loop of 10 minutes or less. I can still power through games if I am really enjoying myself, but playing heavy story or multiplayer required games just doesnt work out when i can only invest an hour at a time.

Just play what you enjoy, there is no "wrong" way to have fun. There are some recent games that i have only enjoyed by watching story mode replays on Youtube. Horizon ZD for example, I just cant invest what amounts to months of gaming time to learn the controls and then dealing with an open world, even though the story is super compelling.

Into the breach - advanced editon is really good

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Into the breach - advanced editon is really good
    Indeed it is. They added a considerable amount of content. First impression, I really like the Cataclysm squad. Not too OP but they have the ability to move Vek about and disrupt their actions. Creating chasms is as satisfying as throwing land units into water. I've also tried the Heat Sinkers and Mist Eaters but need more time with them.

Major Additions
    5 New squads & 15 new squad achievements!

7 new Vek, 3 new Psions, & 10 new boss battles!

12 new missions & 3 new bonus mission goals!

4 New pilots & 10 new random pilot abilities!

39 New weapons & equipment!

2 new music tracks from composer Ben Prunty!

Even more challenging difficulty mode, Unfair Mode!

7 New Languages! (Arabic, Thai, Swedish, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, and Latin American Spanish)

Other Changes

Optional Content Toggles - All of the new content (enemies, pilot skills, etc) other than balance changes are possible to turn off if you would like the base-game content experience.

Weapon reactor usage reduced - We wanted to encourage players to immediately try out equipment they find, so we reduced the reactor power to equip most gear.

Store Changes - Since you can now instantly equip most weapons without needing an additional reactor core, the reputation cost to purchase weapons has increased by 1 and the store options are limited in the first 2 islands.

New weapon mechanic: KO effects - Certain weapons will trigger an additional effect if the primary target is killed by the attack.

New tile mechanic: Cracking - Certain weapons will cause the ground to crack. If the tile is damaged again, it will shatter, destroying the tile and anything standing on it!

New status effect: Boost - This will increase the next attack’s damage by 1. Highly effective for AoE attacks!

Unlocking Squads with Coins Change - The cost of unlocking squads with coins has been reduced to account for the extra squads.

Unfair Mode Tips

This mode is for veterans looking for even more of a challenge but it might require different strategies than you're used to.

There will be many more situations where damage is inevitable so it’ll be more important to take losses strategically - depending on the situation, it might be better to lose grid power, sacrifice a pilot, or fail a mission objective.

Grid power gains are doubled which means it’s much easier to pull back from the brink of defeat. Don’t give up after a few setbacks.

There is a limit to how many Vek can spawn so sometimes it’s more advantageous to leave some weak Vek alive rather than wiping them out early.

The unfair mode is a decent challenge, but still managed to win my first run.

I've been playing a bit of "Raft" recently to unwind. Not sure how much I like it, but am making progress with the tech tree and my raft is starting to evolve from a hastily thrown together pile of crap into a home. Which is kind of the point, and it kept me up until 1am the last 2 nights "just collecting a few more resources" so it can't be that bad.
    Last edited by Itiken; August 8 2022 at 09:16:28 AM.
    technology can’t solve economic and political problems

(Doesn't really fit here, but I don't think it doesn't need its own thread)

TIL: Excel esports is a thing, televised even!
    Last edited by Hel OWeen; August 11 2022 at 02:33:29 PM.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Started playing Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. It's...intense and unforgiving. I can't abuse long rests like I did in NWN1/2. But the dialogue is much better.

I might have to switch to turn-based at some point and play this like XCOM or Shadowrun.
    Last edited by Nordstern; November 1 2022 at 05:46:33 PM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Started playing Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. It's...intense and unforgiving. I can't abuse long rests like I did in NWN1/2. But the dialogue is much better.

I might have to switch to turn-based at some point and play this like XCOM or Shadowrun.
    Fucking awesome game. Which mythic are you going for?

I've done Angel, Lich and am almost done with Aeon. All three were brilliant. Planning a Demon run next, then Trickster. 521 hours (so far), almost all turn-based, though tbh now I know how to build characters better, I go RTwP for a good chunk of the trashmob fights. Turn-based is so much better tho, especially for casters.

Don't sleep on metamagic. Selective AOE spells are awesome, both damage and CC.
    Last edited by Saul; November 2 2022 at 12:02:43 AM.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post

I've done Angel, Lich and am almost done with Aeon. All three were brilliant. Planning a Demon run next, then Trickster. 521 hours (so far), almost all turn-based, though tbh now I know how to build characters better, I go RTwP for a good chunk of the trashmob fights. Turn-based is so much better tho, especially for casters.

I just learned about mythic paths in the past 2 days, and I'm almost done clearing out the market square, so I'm very green at this. But I suppose my Angelkin Aasimar Divine Scion Paladin would naturally go for the Angel path.

This tiefling Eldritch Scoundrel in my party is probably going to be my crowd control caster. Not sure how I feel about that.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Stupid work and their new security rules now blocks me launching games. Its like they dont want me to use my work laptop for entertainment, how rude!

So, this is post saying I'm currently not playing anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Stupid work and their new security rules now blocks me launching games. Its like they dont want me to use my work laptop for entertainment, how rude!

Try Stadia m8 I hear that's gr8
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post

Try Stadia m8 I hear that's gr8
    [FrySquint.jpg]
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post

I just learned about mythic paths in the past 2 days, and I'm almost done clearing out the market square, so I'm very green at this. But I suppose my Angelkin Aasimar Divine Scion Paladin would naturally go for the Angel path.

This tiefling Eldritch Scoundrel in my party is probably going to be my crowd control caster. Not sure how I feel about that.
    Ah yeah I know where you are, quite a ways to go before you get to choose. The first two mythic levels are always 'mythic hero' so don't let that confuse you. Also worth noting that selecting conversation options related to mythic paths before you lock in your selection at Mythic 3 open up other mythic paths for selection, they don't force you down a particular path. Demon and Angel are always available by default iirc so no need to select Demon options just to unlock it; Trickster ones can be worth selecting though, even if you don't take that path.

Angel is a good first option as it probabably has the most content available to it. Assume you're playing Normal difficulty (you might want to turn down Crusade difficulty tho, if you find that part of the game a slog when you get there).

Woljif is a decent CC caster, and he can do pretty well with two-dagger sneak attack to boot. Make sure you finish his quest before you finish the first Act. CC is a huge deal early on.

For other characters you should have encountered (or been directed to) once you've fully cleared the marketplace:
      Spoiler:
    Nenio can also be decent, but make sure you spec her for Illusion DC increases and take the illusion CC spells like Phantasmal Web. Ember can be a great blaster caster with heals, Daeran can be a great healer with whatever you want to add on as extra.

If you're using companion auto-leveling, keep a close eye on it. Feat and spell selection can be downright shit at times, so if you see something that looks wrong in the auto-select, it probably is, and you should override it. Make sure all casters and anyone who shoots into combat have both the Point Blank Shot and Precise Shot feats or they won't hit for toffee half the time (caster to-hit rolls are based on dex). All casters should have both spell penetration feats as well, unless they primarily use spells that aren't affected by enemy spell resistance (spells affected by SR will be clear from the description). Read spell descriptions closely; spells that target Touch AC (e.g. most Ray spells) are valuable as most of the time touch AC is lower than general AC.

I think that's all the stuff I wish I'd known starting out. Yell if you ever have any questions.
    Last edited by Saul; November 2 2022 at 01:53:29 PM.

I remember hearing about this game, thought it sounded awesome (as I am a big fan of PoE) but managed to forget. Read here and other places, watched some vids, it sounds awesome!!!
    Fuck. Now I really need to get a new pc!

I remember hearing about this game, thought it sounded awesome (as I am a big fan of PoE) but managed to forget. Read here and other places, watched some vids, it sounds awesome!!!
    Fuck. Now I really need to get a new pc!
    Best CRPG I've ever played, no question. It had a fair few bugs early on, but they're mostly fixed now, and I tend to forgive it because like with any truly massive RPG game, bugs are kinda unavoidable (especially in the Pathfinder system where you can multiclass munchkin your absolute heart out).

DLC's good too, season passes are well worth the moolah. Game deserves its own thread really, plenty of discussion to be had on builds and whatnot. Not sure if there's one from the previous pathfinder (Kingmaker) that could be used.

Edit: there is. I cast RAISE DEAD! lol
    Last edited by Saul; November 3 2022 at 05:48:37 PM.

I feel dirty but I really enjoyed the free multiplayer weekend for Co MW2. The free version was limited to 24 players on small maps in various modes. Or at least that was the advertised free server. Either way, I enjoyed it. Should I buy it?
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    I feel dirty but I really enjoyed the free multiplayer weekend for Co MW2. The free version was limited to 24 players on small maps in various modes. Or at least that was the advertised free server. Either way, I enjoyed it. Should I buy it?
    That's how they trick you. You have fun for free, pay for more, then realise you've already had all the fun.
    Yeh, but I also liked grinding TDM in BF3 and BF4 for unlocks so I assume I’ll get my moneys worth of entertainment from it. I always thought that CoD was much more fast paced and twitch-reaction based than BF but it didn’t feel like it and there were regular players on those servers as well. Might be that their matchmaking is better or just that the map choice made it more enjoyable. Plus I’m a massive gun gear guy, they cater to that much better than BF currently does.

I’m just rambling, I’m not buying it this year anyway.
    nevar forget

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    That's how they trick you. You have fun for free, pay for more, then realise you've already had all the fun.
    Yeh, but I also liked grinding TDM in BF3 and BF4 for unlocks so I assume I’ll get my moneys worth of entertainment from it. I always thought that CoD was much more fast paced and twitch-reaction based than BF but it didn’t feel like it and there were regular players on those servers as well. Might be that their matchmaking is better or just that the map choice made it more enjoyable. Plus I’m a massive gun gear guy, they cater to that much better than BF currently does.

I’m just rambling, I’m not buying it this year anyway.

Double post and out of order? Say it ain’t so!
    nevar forget