hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4484919293949596 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 1911

Thread: Do we have a [what are you playing now] thread?

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Hades. Juat play it. Hands down one of my favorite gaming experiences in the past decade. I dont usually like the genre, but I think the attention to detail, music, voice acting, story, amazing game play loop and overall package are amazing. I found myself over and over again saying "one more run" then finding myself 2 more runs in remembering my forgotten pledge haha. Great stuff.
    How easy is it to get into? I often find myself buying games, playing about an hour, but not really getting it. Then never opening it again.

Mostly my fault, I know, but no point throwing another GBP20 away.
    It gets right to the point immediately, you can tell if you like it or not pretty much instantly, well within steam's refund period.

Speaking of which, if you're speaking the truth, why don't you use that wonderful function more?

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Hades. Juat play it. Hands down one of my favorite gaming experiences in the past decade. I dont usually like the genre, but I think the attention to detail, music, voice acting, story, amazing game play loop and overall package are amazing. I found myself over and over again saying "one more run" then finding myself 2 more runs in remembering my forgotten pledge haha. Great stuff.
    How easy is it to get into? I often find myself buying games, playing about an hour, but not really getting it. Then never opening it again.

Mostly my fault, I know, but no point throwing another GBP20 away.
    It gets right to the point immediately, you can tell if you like it or not pretty much instantly, well within steam's refund period.

Speaking of which, if you're speaking the truth, why don't you use that wonderful function more?
    Why would I lie about being a bit of an idiot! I always think I'm going to come back and play it.

You'll know well within two hours. I mean go into it knowing it's a very big game with a very small arena. I'm "done" with it now, but I will probably pick it up and play a few times for a long time. If you hate it in the first hour or two you won't enjoy it after that.

I hope you don't hate it though. It's a real blast to enjoy. Makes bad voice acting in games less and less excusable.

I'm also the same way which is why I am shifting my game "buying" habits from subscriptions and sales to something like Microsoft's Game Pass Ultimate. Tons of really good games I can just try and move on from if they don't catch my fancy.
    Last edited by Winged Nazgul; November 25 2020 at 03:31:29 PM.

Looks all kinds of cool, how/what is the control(s) like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Super tight, very clear.

Playable on a wide assortment of things too, funnily i tried it on an arcade stick for fighting games and it was a joy.

That's probably the best way to control it when I think about it.

Some freinds got me into this FPS called "escape from tarkov".

Have you heard of it ?
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

That Medieval Dynasty is pretty good, considering its an early access game that probably didn't have that much work put into it before being put on steam to fish for an audience. One to watch.

edit: I'm spending more time with my peasant family than my real one. Help!
    Last edited by Lancehot; December 1 2020 at 10:26:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post

Have you heard of it ?
    Game of the decade imho.

Hope they manage to fix their netcode soonish. Perhaps with the new engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post

Have you heard of it ?
    Game of the decade imho.

Their netcode. the bugged to hell sound design, and the horrible movement system. Hell fix one of those and I'd come back for more than just the month after a wipe. The movement system is by far the most retarded thing about the gameplay, the netcode is by far one of the worst things about the product though.

Have you heard of it ?
    Game of the decade imho.

And people call me a russian shill. It's amazing what they managed to squeeze out of unity and KB+M immersion-wise but game of the decade is stretching it.

What am I playing?
    iracing.
    lots of iracing.
    again.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

Have you heard of it ?
    Game of the decade imho.

And people call me a russian shill. It's amazing what they managed to squeeze out of unity and KB+M immersion-wise but game of the decade is stretching it.
    Gameplay and basic design makes it my game of the decade. I know you are not high on opinions in russia but itīs mine. No other game i played for as long as Tarkov and no other still gives me shudders and scares me at times.

I see all the flaws around it and i am carefully hopeful they fix stuff but I am also still afraid still they wonīt manage it.

The tree big problems, beside content and long time motivation to play, could all get better with the new engine. Apparently they are working on movement already by adding more inertia to make it look and feel better in combat. Sound is getting some work the steam sound. And netcode is just bad and I have no clue what they do with it because I have no idea how that works anyway.

But the game hits exactly my niche and I love it. Restarted from zero twice already this wipe.

I would play a Tarkov where the tippy top end-game gun was like an ak74 or something and not all this sperg gear

Most interesting part was when you were hunting the whales with just a mosin

I think the playerbase is really torn on this. I also enjoy running around with budget guns and gear and enjoy the scavenging and low tier fights far more. But a very loud part of the community just wants to run Slick, 30recoil M4s with M995 every single round.

Nich himself said a few times he wants to make gear harder to get, faster the break and the trader stock depleting faster but everytime something like that gets into the game there is a huge uproar about it.
    I also hope they just flat out remove the "Recoil control"-Skill and nerf half of the recoil weapon parts. Also far lower stocks of AP-ammo all around.

But right now I am happy if they make advances with the technical side of the game and core mechanics before I expect too much on the balancing-side.

I think the playerbase is really torn on this. I also enjoy running around with budget guns and gear and enjoy the scavenging and low tier fights far more. But a very loud part of the community just wants to run Slick, 30recoil M4s with M995 every single round.

Nich himself said a few times he wants to make gear harder to get, faster the break and the trader stock depleting faster but everytime something like that gets into the game there is a huge uproar about it.
    I also hope they just flat out remove the "Recoil control"-Skill and nerf half of the recoil weapon parts. Also far lower stocks of AP-ammo all around.

But right now I am happy if they make advances with the technical side of the game and core mechanics before I expect too much on the balancing-side.
    Yea the recoil system was the other thing that annoyed me.

I'm not interested in the game as long as it caters to the nerd streamers who grind out a wipe over the weekend. I want to play a couple hours here and there, and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Super tight, very clear.

Playable on a wide assortment of things too, funnily i tried it on an arcade stick for fighting games and it was a joy.
    Bought and played Hades, I sunk about 26 hours into it so far.

Have you heard of it ?
    Game of the decade imho.

In a way, just by watching some Let's Play vids, it looked like kinda the "EVE of FPS", e.g. there's so much (micro)management around your stuff (containers in containers[, in containers] to store stuff), "regular" rifles having like 2 dozens of attachable modules/upgrades.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Still playing Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition. For shits and giggles, I decided to make a half-elf rogue/monk build. Currently have 5 rogue levels and 10 monk levels.

It's...actually quite strong. It could go toe-to-toe with my previous Rogue/Champion of Torm builds (in terms of damage output), can vary its elemental damage type, and has high saves. A bit squishy (read: low AC), but that will change in Chapter 3.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard