hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 84 of 88 FirstFirst ... 347481828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1744

Thread: Do we have a [what are you playing now] thread?

  1. #1661
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    7,233
    I installed a bunch of mods on Fallout 4 to give it another playthrough. Turned it into a openworld no mainquest barren warzone with no food and everyone falling ill all the time, just so I don't miss any of the life outside.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  2. #1662

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    7,473
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Is it worth getting Elite Dangerous on a PS4?
    Nothing is ever worth getting on PS4 if it's also on PC. Are you clinically retarded, meight?
    Came for gaming tips. Found this gem
    Schopenhauer:

    All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

  3. #1663
    Armyofme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Teddybears.
    Posts
    1,485
    Been playing Marvel contest of champions on my phone mostly....
    Yup, thats how bored i am, ive started to play on the phone more then on the pc and/or ps4

    phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

  4. #1664
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    11,501
    I finished AC:Odyssey the other day. The finale was...well, I can't even call it an ending. You have the encounter with your sibling, resolve that, and then...you have dinner with family? What the fuck? Did they just run out of time to write dialogue?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

  5. #1665
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    5,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Been playing Marvel contest of champions on my phone mostly....
    Yup, thats how bored i am, ive started to play on the phone more then on the pc and/or ps4
    Get Bad North m8

  6. #1666
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    10,517
    Playing NEO Scavenger after the warlord himself reviewed it. Is fun, but difficult. UI could be adjusted to flow a little better, but it's a great crafting/survival kind of game. Brutal but slow. Like real survival fucking up can have long-term consequences on your health until you recover, if it doesn't snowball into you dying because some stranger stole your water bottles in the middle of the night.


  7. #1667

    Join Date
    July 14, 2013
    Posts
    1,946
    Saw a recommendation for Risk of Rain 2. Decided to check it out.

    Turns out it can't handle multiple inputs being plugged into the controller at once, so I have to disconnect the HOTAS setup any time I want to play. Now, admittedly, I haven't used the HOTAS since Saul got me to buy DCS F-15 a couple weeks ago. But still. It annoys me that I have to climb under my desk to unplug everything if I want to play this game. Will update when I can actually say whether the game is any good.
    Quarantined and loving life.

  8. #1668
    Lady Spank's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Get Out Nasty Face
    Posts
    5,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    Saw a recommendation for Risk of Rain 2. Decided to check it out.

    Turns out it can't handle multiple inputs being plugged into the controller at once, so I have to disconnect the HOTAS setup any time I want to play. Now, admittedly, I haven't used the HOTAS since Saul got me to buy DCS F-15 a couple weeks ago. But still. It annoys me that I have to climb under my desk to unplug everything if I want to play this game. Will update when I can actually say whether the game is any good.
    Interesting error.

    Nor a hard and fast rule but aim to exit each stage in roughly 5 minutes. That tip really helped me get a feel for the games pace.
      Spoiler:



    (ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

  9. #1669
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    9,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    Saw a recommendation for Risk of Rain 2. Decided to check it out.

    Turns out it can't handle multiple inputs being plugged into the controller at once, so I have to disconnect the HOTAS setup any time I want to play. Now, admittedly, I haven't used the HOTAS since Saul got me to buy DCS F-15 a couple weeks ago. But still. It annoys me that I have to climb under my desk to unplug everything if I want to play this game. Will update when I can actually say whether the game is any good.
    but if you don't use the HOTAS you'd have have to unplug it...once

  10. #1670
    Ski Boot Fortior's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    2,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    Saw a recommendation for Risk of Rain 2. Decided to check it out.

    Turns out it can't handle multiple inputs being plugged into the controller at once, so I have to disconnect the HOTAS setup any time I want to play. Now, admittedly, I haven't used the HOTAS since Saul got me to buy DCS F-15 a couple weeks ago. But still. It annoys me that I have to climb under my desk to unplug everything if I want to play this game. Will update when I can actually say whether the game is any good.
    Interesting error.

    Nor a hard and fast rule but aim to exit each stage in roughly 5 minutes. That tip really helped me get a feel for the games pace.
    Sounds like the tempo of RoR I, which had an amazing soundtrack
    Real men pvp in barges.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

  11. #1671
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    Saw a recommendation for Risk of Rain 2. Decided to check it out.

    Turns out it can't handle multiple inputs being plugged into the controller at once, so I have to disconnect the HOTAS setup any time I want to play. Now, admittedly, I haven't used the HOTAS since Saul got me to buy DCS F-15 a couple weeks ago. But still. It annoys me that I have to climb under my desk to unplug everything if I want to play this game. Will update when I can actually say whether the game is any good.
    I have my HOTAS gear on USB extension cables that are tie-wrapped to the HOTAS's USB cables to stay in place, so I can unplug and re-plug it whenever I stop and start using it. This is all because Windows 10 refuses to start it's screensaver as long as something resembling a joystick is plugged in.

  12. #1672

    Join Date
    July 14, 2013
    Posts
    1,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    Saw a recommendation for Risk of Rain 2. Decided to check it out.

    Turns out it can't handle multiple inputs being plugged into the controller at once, so I have to disconnect the HOTAS setup any time I want to play. Now, admittedly, I haven't used the HOTAS since Saul got me to buy DCS F-15 a couple weeks ago. But still. It annoys me that I have to climb under my desk to unplug everything if I want to play this game. Will update when I can actually say whether the game is any good.
    Interesting error.

    Nor a hard and fast rule but aim to exit each stage in roughly 5 minutes. That tip really helped me get a feel for the games pace.
    Sounds like the tempo of RoR I, which had an amazing soundtrack
    RoR 2 has similar sound track.

    It also has an issue where the teleporter can be damned hard to find (not an issue in the first one) which basically torpedoes your current run. I got through stage 1 in 7 minutes, felt pretty good, spent a solid 35 minutes looking for the teleporter in stage 2 before discovering it under a rock of identical, dark color. At that point the bosses that spawned were faaaaaaar tougher than I was equipped to handle and I was dead in seconds. If I'd found the teleporter faster (5-10 minutes rather than 30+) it might have gone differently.
    Quarantined and loving life.

  13. #1673
    Kilabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    Saw a recommendation for Risk of Rain 2. Decided to check it out.

    Turns out it can't handle multiple inputs being plugged into the controller at once, so I have to disconnect the HOTAS setup any time I want to play. Now, admittedly, I haven't used the HOTAS since Saul got me to buy DCS F-15 a couple weeks ago. But still. It annoys me that I have to climb under my desk to unplug everything if I want to play this game. Will update when I can actually say whether the game is any good.
    Interesting error.

    Nor a hard and fast rule but aim to exit each stage in roughly 5 minutes. That tip really helped me get a feel for the games pace.
    Sounds like the tempo of RoR I, which had an amazing soundtrack
    RoR 2 has similar sound track.

    It also has an issue where the teleporter can be damned hard to find (not an issue in the first one) which basically torpedoes your current run. I got through stage 1 in 7 minutes, felt pretty good, spent a solid 35 minutes looking for the teleporter in stage 2 before discovering it under a rock of identical, dark color. At that point the bosses that spawned were faaaaaaar tougher than I was equipped to handle and I was dead in seconds. If I'd found the teleporter faster (5-10 minutes rather than 30+) it might have gone differently.
    The teleporter has an "aura" of particles flying around it. Slight redish glow on the particles themselves. I never really saw it until I realized it the first time, from then on you can spot the teleporter from miles away even with no direct line of sight to the model on the ground from the glow in the air alone.

  14. #1674
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    5,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Playing NEO Scavenger after the warlord himself reviewed it. Is fun, but difficult. UI could be adjusted to flow a little better, but it's a great crafting/survival kind of game. Brutal but slow. Like real survival fucking up can have long-term consequences on your health until you recover, if it doesn't snowball into you dying because some stranger stole your water bottles in the middle of the night.

    Totally forgotten about that game. Played it... I want to say in some early access version?

  15. #1675

    Join Date
    July 14, 2013
    Posts
    1,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    welp, the HOTAS is now languishing under the desk again while I've blown 40 hours in Avorion over the 3ish days that I've owned it. Game is pretty awesome. Curious to see what the multiplayer is like at some point.
    I saw you playing and gave it a go... I'm not convinced yet.
    I can definitely point to it being the kind of thing that I spend hours and hours playing without really being sure that it's actually good or that I'm actually fun... but it's 4am, where did the time go?

    Then again, I used to run missions in EVE, so...

    The ship designing is pretty fun once you get into it. And there's definitely a difficulty curve. I got greedy pushing toward the core to get better materials and suddenly the pirates are kicking my ass and forcing me to hit and run while their fleet chases me down.

    Unfortunately the combat is... well, it's a sandbox game, which means balance is going to be tough. The solution to tougher enemies is to keep building your ship bigger and badder until you can beat them. Early on, my ship was small and nimble enough to actually dodge a lot of incoming fire while picking off engines to cripple targets, so there was some fun skill to it. Once hitscan weapons show up, dodging is no longer an option, gotta get tougher, so now my ship is too big to dodge anything even if I wanted to, which leaves range control and raw tankyness as my only options for surviving fights. Raw tank lets me charge in and brawl with 2-3 enemies, but against larger fleets I have to fly 20km away, pick off the softest target as they catch up, fly away again as my shields start to drop.

    I haven't experimented with building fleets or using carriers in combat, but those are probably my next steps to level the playing field (besides just getting bigger and badder). I did build a mining ship (later converted to mining carrier) that I have perpetually off gathering resources for me, so I don't have to waste time mining and can instead run around killing pirates and then flying away with my ass on fire.
    Jumped back into this again. Turning up the difficulty makes it a very different game. Can no longer faceroll small pirate fleets. On expert difficulty, enemy does full damage and a ship comparable to your own becomes a tough fight. And the enemies rarely come in groups smaller than 3-4, and sometimes show up in hordes of 20+. Stayed up late one night because a huge hostile fleet jumped into a friendly system while I was there mining. There was no way I would survive actually fighting them, so I just watched them try to take down a station until friendly cavalry arrived and they had a massive battle which I was happy to salvage the scraps from afterward.

    So there's been a lot more jumping into systems, seeing pirate fleets, and hauling ass the other way while my hyperdrive powers up again. On normal difficulty, I don't run from anything less than a dozen ships, and even then I only run if they've got shield-bypassing weapons (because that shit hurts). On expert, I'm running from damned near anything if I don't have friendly backup.

    Started getting some economy and automated mining going so I can build a ship big and tanky enough to survive while I whittle the enemy down with less-than-optimal weapons, because you gotta kill baddies to get good guns, but you need good guns to kill baddies. Or a huge HP pool. Probably gonna take an asteroid, turn it into a ship, and force them to burn through that ridiculous HP buffer while my fighters chew through theirs.
    Quarantined and loving life.

  16. #1676

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,003
    as i've already highlighted in this thread, i like doing the gaming version of self harm.... I am playing Star wars galaxy's (SWG legends server). its NGE. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

  17. #1677
    Saul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,433
    If those of you with HOTAS want to use them, I'm flying pretty regularly in DCS. Always room for more pilots, get in touch if you want in.

  18. #1678
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    32,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    If those of you with money want to use them, I'm flying pretty regularly in DCS. Always room for more pilots, get in touch if you want in.
    fyp

  19. #1679
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,751
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    If those of you with money want to use them, I'm flying pretty regularly in DCS. Always room for more pilots, get in touch if you want in.
    fyp
    Nono, once you buy the HOTAS the money is gone.

  20. #1680
    Saul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    If those of you with money want to use them, I'm flying pretty regularly in DCS. Always room for more pilots, get in touch if you want in.
    fyp
    Nono, once you buy the HOTAS the money is gone.
    Yeah, that made no sense to me either. Regardless, spending decent money on one and not using it is a waste

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •