hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1292

Thread: Do we have a [what are you playing now] thread?

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Red Faction Armageddon is abit shit. Crashes regularly, guns feel like BB guns, and it just feels lazy. Il keep with it but im going to start playing something else too maybe child of light?

Interestingly, Metro Exodus is not going to be available on Steam until 2020. They will honour pre-orders, but that's it.

It's now exclusive to the Epic Launcher.

Edit: the notice on the Steam game page:
    Notice: Sales of Metro Exodus have been discontinued on Steam due to a publisher decision to make the game exclusive to another PC store.

The developer and publisher have assured us that all prior sales of the game on Steam will be fulfilled on Steam, and Steam owners will be able to access the game and any future updates or DLC through Steam.

We think the decision to remove the game is unfair to Steam customers, especially after a long pre-sale period. We apologize to Steam customers that were expecting it to be available for sale through the February 15th release date, but we were only recently informed of the decision and given limited time to let everyone know.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    Red Faction Armageddon is abit shit. Crashes regularly, guns feel like BB guns, and it just feels lazy. Il keep with it but im going to start playing something else too maybe child of light?
    Guerilla is the great red faction game. Armageddon is p bad.

Thats RF:armageddon down nex up is alan wake.

:thonking: of getting back into ESO when the new content hits (Elsweyr) since I assume they'll discount down the latest (name I forget, High Elf bollocks) down like they did the Dark Elf bollocks when the High Elf stuff was released...

... although Elsweyr will finally have a Necromancer class, though.

Nearly broke my thumb on a 4 hour flight playing celest. Game is addictive.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    :thonking: of getting back into ESO when the new content hits (Elsweyr) since I assume they'll discount down the latest (name I forget, High Elf bollocks) down like they did the Dark Elf bollocks when the High Elf stuff was released...

How is it, if you want to completely ignore the mmo part *and* dont want to get nickel&dimed? Playable without mtx?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post

How is it, if you want to completely ignore the mmo part *and* dont want to get nickel&dimed? Playable without mtx?
    I rate it as 'solidly okay'. It's quite possible to play the main story solo. Some of the DLC game packs have elements where you'll need at least a few other randoms kicking around but the game is sufficiently mature now that there's almost always a maxed level min-max machine on a completion-ist binge flying past to burn down an area boss for you...

As for coin, check the updates list here - anything marked DLC you can access while subbed. The only thing you buy ($) extra are 'Chapters'. Cool thing about (or not) about Chapters is yes you can buy them up front but after a while they get depreciated.

So I bought Morrowind when it released back at the start of '17 and since the release of Summerset last year, it has been folded into standard edition. So if you pre-purchase (or just outright wait & buy it later) Elsweyr you'll get Summerset and Morrowind if you don't already got'em. If you buy the Digital Collectors version, you also get all the DC extras for the previous chapters, too. So you don't miss out on that stuff which is nice.

DLC you get while subbed, but if you want to access it un-subbed, you can exchange crowns (mtx currency) to buy the DLC packs to access permanently while unsubbed. So if there's an area of the game you really like but don't want to stay subbed you can access it permanently that way. Which is nice.

The only MTX I've used is for cosmetics. Remember, you get 1500 crowns 'free' per month of sub paid. A basic costume might be 500 crowns. Some go for more. They also do limited run stuff like mounts, so for example I've spent like 5000 crowns on a mechanical spider mount. MTX is really only a short-cut, most things you can earn in game in a fairly reasonable time frame. You can spend a couple thousand crowns on a style book to craft clothing or you can go farm mobs for it or do the dungeon until it drops or buy it from the player trading posts, et cetera. The only thing mtx does for crafting arguably is if you shit at/impatient harvesting style mats and 'need' to buy mimic stones. Or if you're very high level and again, impatient, crafting research the scrolls to do instant research finally make some sense.

The only advantage, arguably, of being subbed - aside from dlc - is the unlimited crafting bag. If you're doing a full three crafting careers on a character your default inventory is gonna fill fast. If that's how you're playing it's a huge advantage.

Hm, hard pass then. I wouldnt pay a sub for what i want to play as a singleplayer experience.

Hm, hard pass then. I wouldnt pay a sub for what i want to play as a singleplayer experience.
    By the time you spend as much money on a full game in subs youll pmuch have enough coins to buy anything you want to actually keep as a SP experience. Or have played it for a couple months and will see most of what youll want to see as a SP game.

TBH the quests and environments are better done than most actual bethesda SP rpgs and the game has a ton of content as it is, it's worth having a look.

Playing escape from tarkov and endless space 2 alot lately. Both very addictive games for me and also a little commans and conquer red alert 2: yuris revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    By the time you spend as much money on a full game in subs youll pmuch have enough coins to buy anything you want to actually keep as a SP experience. Or have played it for a couple months and will see most of what youll want to see as a SP game.

TBH the quests and environments are better done than most actual bethesda SP rpgs and the game has a ton of content as it is, it's worth having a look.
    Funny, I found the total opposite. ESO is a pale imitation of the single player games, and having mmo-style skills in an elder scrolls game is just awful. Quests were even shallower than skyrim, and that's quite an achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    Funny, I found the total opposite. ESO is a pale imitation of the single player games, and having mmo-style skills in an elder scrolls game is just awful. Quests were even shallower than skyrim, and that's quite an achievement.
    Funny since at least you get choices in quests to do things a little differently and they aren't forced on you like in Skyrim. Not saying all of them are like that since there is some obvious fodder but since the update where they changed the world scaling to be more like the SP games and you can go anywhere it feels a lot better.

It also does a lot of things *very* differently to any MMO i've seen including the crime and theft system, npc murders through the DB etc.

The reason i don't play it more is that i still cant stand the melee combat (and i generally love playing melee in games) and the endless progression meaning you cant really catch up for top end stuff easily.

Yeah in fairness I didn't get very far, so probably haven't seen any of the more 'interesting' quests. Found the initial shallowness a total turn off. May reinstall it one day.

Started playing Skyrim SE again, never finished Oldrim. With a solid helping of mods from the Skyrim thread and a few choice ones, the game really is good fun.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

got bored of Alan wake around half way through chapter 2 :s so ive blitzed through Ace Combat Assault Horizon and im on the last mission. Here is my list of to do games

You played armageddon but havent touched guerilla? The absolute state of your badness mystifies.

Play Bulletstorm next, trust me
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    got bored of Alan wake around half way through chapter 2 :s so ive blitzed through Ace Combat Assault Horizon and im on the last mission. Here is my list of to do games

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    You played armageddon but havent touched guerilla? The absolute state of your badness mystifies.
    it was already installed where Guerilla wasnt.