hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1262102109110111112
Results 2,221 to 2,227 of 2227

Thread: Do we have a [what are you playing now] thread?

There's a whole world out there beyond videogames. Grab this opportunity before you find something that pulls you back into the cesspit.

edit: This Land is My Land is a janky, fun time.
    Last edited by Lancehot; July 9 2022 at 10:45:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    I need your help, FHC. I have been playing games for a long time to unwind and enjoy art in another form. Lately I've been really slammed and I found that I can't play games anymore the way I used to. I mean I do play them, but I don't really enjoy them.
    Not to sound too much like an old fart, but thats why I only play games that are turn-based or have a core gameplay loop of 10 minutes or less. I can still power through games if I am really enjoying myself, but playing heavy story or multiplayer required games just doesnt work out when i can only invest an hour at a time.

Just play what you enjoy, there is no "wrong" way to have fun. There are some recent games that i have only enjoyed by watching story mode replays on Youtube. Horizon ZD for example, I just cant invest what amounts to months of gaming time to learn the controls and then dealing with an open world, even though the story is super compelling.

Into the breach - advanced editon is really good

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Into the breach - advanced editon is really good
    Indeed it is. They added a considerable amount of content. First impression, I really like the Cataclysm squad. Not too OP but they have the ability to move Vek about and disrupt their actions. Creating chasms is as satisfying as throwing land units into water. I've also tried the Heat Sinkers and Mist Eaters but need more time with them.

Major Additions
    5 New squads & 15 new squad achievements!

7 new Vek, 3 new Psions, & 10 new boss battles!

12 new missions & 3 new bonus mission goals!

4 New pilots & 10 new random pilot abilities!

39 New weapons & equipment!

2 new music tracks from composer Ben Prunty!

Even more challenging difficulty mode, Unfair Mode!

7 New Languages! (Arabic, Thai, Swedish, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, and Latin American Spanish)

Other Changes

Optional Content Toggles - All of the new content (enemies, pilot skills, etc) other than balance changes are possible to turn off if you would like the base-game content experience.

Weapon reactor usage reduced - We wanted to encourage players to immediately try out equipment they find, so we reduced the reactor power to equip most gear.

Store Changes - Since you can now instantly equip most weapons without needing an additional reactor core, the reputation cost to purchase weapons has increased by 1 and the store options are limited in the first 2 islands.

New weapon mechanic: KO effects - Certain weapons will trigger an additional effect if the primary target is killed by the attack.

New tile mechanic: Cracking - Certain weapons will cause the ground to crack. If the tile is damaged again, it will shatter, destroying the tile and anything standing on it!

New status effect: Boost - This will increase the next attack’s damage by 1. Highly effective for AoE attacks!

Unlocking Squads with Coins Change - The cost of unlocking squads with coins has been reduced to account for the extra squads.

Unfair Mode Tips

This mode is for veterans looking for even more of a challenge but it might require different strategies than you're used to.

There will be many more situations where damage is inevitable so it’ll be more important to take losses strategically - depending on the situation, it might be better to lose grid power, sacrifice a pilot, or fail a mission objective.

Grid power gains are doubled which means it’s much easier to pull back from the brink of defeat. Don’t give up after a few setbacks.

There is a limit to how many Vek can spawn so sometimes it’s more advantageous to leave some weak Vek alive rather than wiping them out early.

The unfair mode is a decent challenge, but still managed to win my first run.

I've been playing a bit of "Raft" recently to unwind. Not sure how much I like it, but am making progress with the tech tree and my raft is starting to evolve from a hastily thrown together pile of crap into a home. Which is kind of the point, and it kept me up until 1am the last 2 nights "just collecting a few more resources" so it can't be that bad.
    Last edited by Itiken; August 8 2022 at 08:16:28 AM.
    technology can’t solve economic and political problems

(Doesn't really fit here, but I don't think it doesn't need its own thread)

TIL: Excel esports is a thing, televised even!
    Last edited by Hel OWeen; August 11 2022 at 01:33:29 PM.