hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ... 408087888990919293 LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 1843

Thread: Do we have a [what are you playing now] thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Playing some Transport Fever 2, setting up these logistics chains are hard.
    Also getting trucks to do what I want them to do is also hard
    What's the state with bugs? I seem to remember that I was quite buggy compared to TF1 initially. Or maybe I mix it up with another transport tycoon like game.
    In the last play, I had trucks going to a farm to pick up grain.
    When I would look up the vehicle it said 0/8 Wood
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

What's the state with bugs? I seem to remember that I was quite buggy compared to TF1 initially. Or maybe I mix it up with another transport tycoon like game.
    Lorries can carry multiple cargo types and you can manually fix the cargo type when buying them (I think they can auto switch to whatever cargo is waiting as well). Since TF is demand driven (opposite to OTTD), you need to wait for the receiving industry to generate some demand before the producer spins up. It can take a few minutes to get going.

Quote Originally Posted by friznit View Post
    Lorries can carry multiple cargo types and you can manually fix the cargo type when buying them (I think they can auto switch to whatever cargo is waiting as well). Since TF is demand driven (opposite to OTTD), you need to wait for the receiving industry to generate some demand before the producer spins up. It can take a few minutes to get going.
    This was 1850, so only 1 horse carriage. Didn't pick the passenger one
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Installing Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1+2 remake now. I thought this was the game that finally broke the Epic store purchases but then I see I also bought Outer Wilds there.

Outer Wilds was completely worth it (but is now also on steam).

THPS is a vital nostalgia fest that cannot wait for Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by friznit View Post
    This was 1850, so only 1 horse carriage. Didn't pick the passenger one
    This happens a lot, and not only with trucks, but with trains with multiple purpose cargo wagons. This issue is usually due to no demand further down the chain for that particular type of good. Checking that the station you've setup is accepting Wood, and that there is actually demand for good is a good starting point. As friznit mentioned, if there's no demand, they won't carry it.

Finally getting around to playing Titanfall 2.

Why the kentucky fried fuck does a game this recent only go up to 1920x1080 resolution? It's not like it's from 2010, right?
    Quarantined and loving life.

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post

Why the kentucky fried fuck does a game this recent only go up to 1920x1080 resolution? It's not like it's from 2010, right?
    It... doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

It... doesn't.
    Pretty sure it supports all the modern resolutions - might want to check again.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

It... doesn't.
    Pretty sure it supports all the modern resolutions - might want to check again.
    Yup, you're right. When I first fired it up, the menu only went up to 1920x1080, but the next time it started in windowed mode and then I could put it 1440. Strange behavior, but only a mild inconvenience.

Also, I forgot how short modern shooter campaigns are. I shoulda turned up the difficulty, because I'm gonna be done in two days.

Also, I forgot how short modern shooter campaigns are. I shoulda turned up the difficulty, because I'm gonna be done in two days.
    You say short, I say it doesn't overstay its welcome. Titanfall 2 was a sadly overlooked game. Has an epic campaign and the multiplayer is topnotch.

I wasn't even aware it has a campaign. I thought it was a straight up online experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    I wasn't even aware it has a campaign. I thought it was a straight up online experience.
    The first one had no campaign but they took complaints to heart when they made the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    It's one of the best fps campaigns in modern times by far even

You say short, I say it doesn't overstay its welcome. Titanfall 2 was a sadly overlooked game. Has an epic campaign and the multiplayer is topnotch.
    Having just finished it... yeah. That was fucking dope.

I'm spoiled by the longevity of other games I play, but there's something to be said for a tight, well made campaign. I'm a fan. Although I think the ending might have had some more emotional punch if you'd had more than a 6 hour campaign to develop attachments to characters, etc.

I'll probably give it a couple days before I take another crack at it with the difficulty turned up. The only fight that really made me sweat was the viper, and I'm kinda sorta bummed at the unfinished business at the end of the campaign, but I suppose that gives them an easy hook for the next campaign.

I have no idea if I'll ever actually try to play online. An online co-op would be fucking awesome, though.
    Last edited by Steckersaurus; September 6 2020 at 08:15:18 PM.

I'm spoiled by the longevity of other games I play, but there's something to be said for a tight, well made campaign. I'm a fan. Although I think the ending might have had some more emotional punch if you'd had more than a 6 hour campaign to develop attachments to characters, etc.

I'll probably give it a couple days before I take another crack at it with the difficulty turned up. The only fight that really made me sweat was the viper, and I'm kinda sorta bummed at the unfinished business at the end of the campaign, but I suppose that gives them an easy hook for the next campaign.

I have no idea if I'll ever actually try to play online. An online co-op would be fucking awesome, though.
    Definitely one of the best modern FPS campaigns I've ever played. I'll reinstall every now and then just to play it.

Re: the online co-op mode, it actually has something similar to that. Horde mode wave-style PvE that's actually quite challenging. Definitely recommend giving it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorrm View Post

Definitely one of the best modern FPS campaigns I've ever played. I'll reinstall every now and then just to play it.

Re: the online co-op mode, it actually has something similar to that. Horde mode wave-style PvE that's actually quite challenging. Definitely recommend giving it a shot.
    Worth €30 on Steam? The complete pack with all DLC is like €99...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post

It's on Origin Access, or EA Play or whatever it's called now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post

EA Play and, ironically, it's available on Steam now.

Yeah, I'm doing my best to stay clear of any game delivery system outside Steam, and since it was on there for 30 or 99 I'm contemplating getting it. Been a long time since I played a FPS game as most have had shit single player value (and not having the HW to play).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Yeah, I'm doing my best to stay clear of any game delivery system outside Steam, and since it was on there for 30 or 99 I'm contemplating getting it. Been a long time since I played a FPS game as most have had shit single player value (and not having the HW to play).
    No, I meant EA Play itself is available on Steam so technically...

Also, I wouldn't bother with the DLC as it's all skins for PVP and I don't know exactly how populated its PVP is nowadays. €30 seems pricey as I'm sure I picked up the game for like $10 when it was only available on Origin but I guess it makes sense since Steam takes a big chunk of that.
    Last edited by Winged Nazgul; September 7 2020 at 01:37:26 PM.