hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 87 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3777848586878889 LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1770

Thread: Do we have a [what are you playing now] thread?

  1. #1721

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,635
    Horizon is so painfully incompatible with just about anything i wouldnt not recommend it ever. It's one of those mods that wants you to play it in exactly the way it wants you to and no other.

  2. #1722
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    7,610
    Yep, its a complete overhaul, not simple mod. absolutely worth it imho, plus i got another 100 mods that add quests, locations, weapons, armor, NPC's, AI fixes etc working with it (patches exist since it's a popular mod) so I dunno what's the issue. It is quite hardcore tho so if you just wanna play FO4 for the casual shooting and story (lol) might not be quite the cuppa tea.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  3. #1723

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,635
    "hardcore" in an engine that can barely handle ai and cover, never not broken in a million ways

    i'd avoid like the plague and make the experience more immersive and difficult in other ways first

    but meh, if you enjoy it good for you, still wanted to give a bit of a warning when it comes to huge mods like that
    Last edited by Isyel; May 19 2020 at 12:18:17 PM.

  4. #1724
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    7,610
    Nah, I didn't mean it changes the gameplay to FEAR levels of enemies nor the movement/cover mechanics (some other mods help those a little bit as much as they can), it sorts it out more by removing the bullet sponginess so killing is easier but healing and getting resources/food/ammo/healingitems is harder. It actually works better for the typical "sneaky archer" that most players in bethesda games go for (for obvious reasons), and I'd say makes the game much more STALKER-esque which is basically what I try to turn every shooter I play into
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  5. #1725

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    6,957
    Finished Gears: Tactics. It's definitely a good game and I'd recommend it as a nice, arcadey X-Com light experience.

    Scouts specced for grenades are amazing too! Throwing grenades every turn, invisible every other and dropping Proximity mines every 2-3 clears so many hostiles I'm not sure the Shotgun is even needed in the last few missions.

    Now 68gb into the RDR2 download, to kill time between Work, Div2 and a annoying toddler.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  6. #1726

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,450
    Monster Train is hella addicting. Also 20% off atm if you have Slay the Spire on Steam.

    Since i am very bad a games this will probably last me a while.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; May 24 2020 at 09:27:09 PM.

  7. #1727
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,782
    Steam spring cleaning thing got me to play Opus Magnum. I realize I'm fairly late to the party but it's a very satisfying puzzle game.

  8. #1728
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    5,492
    I finished Divinity Original Sin 2 - Probs the best game I've ever played and I've played some games let me tell you.

  9. #1729
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,081
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    I finished Divinity Original Sin 2 - Probs the best game I've ever played and I've played some games let me tell you.
    Just starting it now, when did it suck you in?

  10. #1730
    Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Monster Train is hella addicting.
    Can confirm.

  11. #1731
    Kraken's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2013
    Posts
    1,160
    Giving Prey a play through, never played it beyong getting to the lobby back in the day.

  12. #1732
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    5,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    I finished Divinity Original Sin 2 - Probs the best game I've ever played and I've played some games let me tell you.
    Just starting it now, when did it suck you in?
    From the start m8. What build you going for? Also protip: Nails in boots.

  13. #1733
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    11,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Giving Prey a play through, never played it beyong getting to the lobby back in the day.
    Native American or Asian Prey?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

  14. #1734
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,081
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    I finished Divinity Original Sin 2 - Probs the best game I've ever played and I've played some games let me tell you.
    Just starting it now, when did it suck you in?
    From the start m8. What build you going for? Also protip: Nails in boots.
    I was about to say I wasn't really sure if I was that into it, but I then went back to playing and it was 3 hours later and I'm still in Fort Joy picking apart everything I can about the game. Still not sure if I'm going to leave with the party I have or switch some people out but at the moment it's fun and basically a very upgraded version of the Spidweb Software games I loved so much when I was young, even their remakes are pale comparisons. I had little money growing up and when I found EVE it took most of my gaming time, until hmm, Skyrim maybe, so I never played much Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights. I did get into Dragon's Age for alittle. This idk, it really is fun so far, looking forward to all the many things ahead of the 3 hours spent in a tutorial stage lol.

  15. #1735
    Kilabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Monster Train is hella addicting.
    Can confirm.


    Umbra champion is pretty nice at times.

  16. #1736

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,450
    And here i was proud of my 400 rage, 200 armour, +1 multistrike Hellhorned champion on my first ascension win just now.

    As fun as it is, i hope they expand on it a bit in the future, like Heart Kills / Watcher were patched in STS.

    e: Give Transcendimp a chance. Its hilarious when it works. I buffed the bottom line to like 3k damage on the win, although admittedly i had both imp relics :P
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; May 28 2020 at 01:10:27 AM.

  17. #1737

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NCdot
    Posts
    1,194
    Picked up Battletech and DLCs in some kind of sale. I have no idea what I'm doing but shit's exploding, so that's cool. Something to do while I nurse by KSP and From the Depths addictions.

  18. #1738
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,088
    Quote Originally Posted by friznit View Post
    Picked up Battletech and DLCs in some kind of sale. I have no idea what I'm doing but shit's exploding, so that's cool. Something to do while I nurse by KSP and From the Depths addictions.
    Campaign is a glorified tutorial and real game starts in career with a mod of your choosing. You'll have a blast. I've been playing nothing but Roguetech, BTA and BTEX on rotation last few weeks.

  19. #1739

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NCdot
    Posts
    1,194
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by friznit View Post
    Picked up Battletech and DLCs in some kind of sale. I have no idea what I'm doing but shit's exploding, so that's cool. Something to do while I nurse by KSP and From the Depths addictions.
    Campaign is a glorified tutorial and real game starts in career with a mod of your choosing. You'll have a blast. I've been playing nothing but Roguetech, BTA and BTEX on rotation last few weeks.
    I'm going to finish the career first but which mod (or mods) would you recommend after that? Roguetech looks a bit too nails and BTEX seems to be 'just' Vanilla+ (albeit an awful lot of +). BTA looks kinda cool though a little daunting. Worth a shot?

  20. #1740
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,088
    Quote Originally Posted by friznit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by friznit View Post
    Picked up Battletech and DLCs in some kind of sale. I have no idea what I'm doing but shit's exploding, so that's cool. Something to do while I nurse by KSP and From the Depths addictions.
    Campaign is a glorified tutorial and real game starts in career with a mod of your choosing. You'll have a blast. I've been playing nothing but Roguetech, BTA and BTEX on rotation last few weeks.
    I'm going to finish the career first but which mod (or mods) would you recommend after that? Roguetech looks a bit too nails and BTEX seems to be 'just' Vanilla+ (albeit an awful lot of +). BTA looks kinda cool though a little daunting. Worth a shot?
    I would say try them all and see for yourself which one you like the most. Just remember to nuke your mods directory when installing new one. At that point I can't say I have a favourite.

    With roguetech go with primitive start, it gives you that almost diablo/poe feel, when something good drops and you put it on your mech you will feel the difference. But it's run by a moron who will not communicate with you unless you join the cult and preface everything like on Star Citizen forums. Some new people joined lately and have been doing great job unfucking it, by it's still a bunch of spaghetti that will bring almost any machine to it's knees because of how retarded and little grasp on code Lady Alekto has. Eg yesterday they figured out recalculating and redrawing fog of war and all effects is actually not need on every unit selection as nothing moved or changed and it almost doubled my fps with 4+ lances on map. There's plenty of half-finished or non-canon jank thrown in cause moderation and less is more is not in russian vocabulary. Having said all that it's still the one I played the most.

    BTA like roguetech but ran and coded by a sane person that knows what he's doing. All the half finished stuff gone, solid performance, full mech customisation bar fusion core size to keep variants unique. Would be a clear winner but there's one thing that breaks it for me. Dude decided to rebalance clans and gutted them really bad. Once you figure out all you need to do is outrange them, keep your distance and preferably some elevation you can steamroll them. For me it's a deal breaker but if you don't care about clans, don't feel LAMs and Aerotech are must have additions, don't mind having static map, it's objectively better than Roguetech in it's current form.

    BTEX has a lot of mech customization missing but offers the best clan invasion experience out of the 3. No matter how good you are and how well you prepared they will fuck you up. As they fucking should. You will rarely finish contracts with your entire lance undamaged or even alive. Also has no performance impact on my rig and runs as smooth as butter which I really started to appreciate after long sessions of Roguetech with frames being anywhere between 10 and 60. Mechanically it's also closest to vanilla with some tweaks here and there and is easiest to pick up if you only played it. Other two go by ruleset closer to table top which often results in 4 rounds of nothing but misses for both sides until someone finally gets that lucky roll or rng jesus loves you and stocked your starting system with flamers.
    Last edited by rufuske; May 29 2020 at 01:38:34 PM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •