hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 80 of 84 FirstFirst ... 307077787980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1674

Thread: Do we have a [what are you playing now] thread?

been playing a bit of conan exiles since friends have gotten back into it. The amount of social/RP content they've added via DLC is actually pretty impressive, and they fixed archery which is nice. The game's actually grown into a fairly unique take on the survival genre with open world and instanced dungeon content and a really intricate crafting system. We'll inevitably burn out in a month or two but it's interesting how it gets fresh again.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    been playing a bit of conan exiles since friends have gotten back into it. The amount of social/RP content they've added via DLC is actually pretty impressive, and they fixed archery which is nice. The game's actually grown into a fairly unique take on the survival genre with open world and instanced dungeon content and a really intricate crafting system. We'll inevitably burn out in a month or two but it's interesting how it gets fresh again.
    I played a bit of that a couple of months ago. The problem was I had a busy week & couldn't log in for a little while. When I did eventually log in I found my entire base & all of my stuff had despawned. I decided then & there that there was no point trying again.
    It was quite enjoyable while it lasted, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    I played a bit of that a couple of months ago. The problem was I had a busy week & couldn't log in for a little while. When I did eventually log in I found my entire base & all of my stuff had despawned. I decided then & there that there was no point trying again.
    It was quite enjoyable while it lasted, though.
    yeah that's a problem, especially with official servers, there's a PvE-C ruleset which disables base destruction while lating PvP combat continue, or there's custom rulesets, the server I'm on right now prohibits offline raiding and does a weekly raid day where anyone who hasn't been on for 6 days is declared fair game and then wiped via script at the end of the period. Takes active admins to do that though.

Can’t stop playing Noita.

Most satisfying and surprising RNG I’ve had since FTL, to be honest.

And the physics engine never stops entertaining. It’s pixel-based destructible, with active chemistry among, say, fifty materials in solid, liquid, and gaseous states. Oil floats on water, burns, turns water to steam, which condenses, etc.

Hard as fuck, as befits a proper roguelike. Worth it.

Last edited by Lachesis VII; January 23 2020 at 03:01:23 AM.

Got my new switch hooked up to my second monitor. Playing Fire Emblem on the side while doing other time-wasting stuff is a dangerous combination which has had me up irresponsibly late on work nights... basically every night for the last week.
    Quarantined and loving life.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    peasant simulator (kingdom come deliverance)
    I've never even fully gotten through the tutourial of that game.
    I had realy high hopes for it, but the world felt empty and fake, in great part tanks to it trying so damn hard to be "realistic" combined with that bloody horrible combat system.

uwot m8 i dissolved in it right away

read: picked nettle for an hour

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    I had realy high hopes for it, but the world felt empty and fake, in great part tanks to it trying so damn hard to be "realistic" combined with that bloody horrible combat system.
    Yeah the combat is really hard if whoever you are facing is even moderately armoured. ..bbbuuuuuut falling upon a bandit camp as they sleep of the nights revelries and they are in their skivvies while im in plate armour made me feel like a fucking space marine XD

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Yeah the combat is really hard if whoever you are facing is even moderately armoured. ..bbbuuuuuut falling upon a bandit camp as they sleep of the nights revelries and they are in their skivvies while im in plate armour made me feel like a fucking space marine XD

One of my mates keeps flaunting how all the pc master race friends don't play soulslikes because they "suck at them" but at the same time says KCD combat system is "bad"
    Last edited by RazoR; February 2 2020 at 11:46:17 PM.

It is trash, but anyone can play a souls game as well, Sekiro was fun as fuck. KCD just sucked because it was dumb and unwieldy.

This is the greatest shit since JA2, why don't we have a thread?

Battle Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    It is trash, but anyone can play a souls game as well, Sekiro was fun as fuck. KCD just sucked because it was dumb and unwieldy.
    Sekiro is wildly different from souls games, mind. Really didnt gel with it personally but it is definitely very well made and tight af.

KCDs combat is utter shite.

But yeah, razor is a abd surrounded by bads nbs.
    Last edited by Isyel; February 3 2020 at 03:42:05 AM.

Been thinking about buying Battle Brothers since it was in early access; but never took the plunge.

KCDs combat is fine (how many times has this subject come up now?). You do have to grind (or train, if you want to roleplay it) to "get gud," but I remember it being easy enough & it didn't halt story progress as until the second fight against Runt, you don't actually have to kill anyone. I cocked up my first playthough because of that, thinking I could do a full pacifist run - which you can't. Was well salty about it.

Really should play it again, sometime. 100 hours played & never got past the monestry infiltration. Might grab all the dlc next time it's on sale & use that as the excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    it didn't halt story progress as until the second fight against Runt, you don't actually have to kill anyone
    Yeah like i missed the entire combat training thing with bernie so had to replay that battle five times until i got 2 lucky headstabs in xD That bit really broke the flow for a lot of people in the same way and they mostly called this bad gamedesign.
    Also lol pacifist runs. Fuck off to sims!!1

Battle Brothers is very polished now. There is still stuff being added of course but i have played for 100 hours and still finding out new stuff.

Someone please mod in the combat system from Mordhau. Then I'd give it another try... untill I'd get put off by the stupid "getting dirty" mechanics, the lockpicking minigame, the no saving etc etc et fucking cee.

How is filth mechanics getting to you lol? Any civilized enough place has a trough. Towns have full on baths.
    Lockpicking is fine??
    There are mods for that. Or you could brew enough low-level shit to unlock batch alchemy and swim in save potions.

You are not even trying.

I am getting all the DLCs and replaying this bad boi this weekend.
    Last edited by RazoR; February 5 2020 at 12:34:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    You are not even trying.
    True. I got bored so couldn't be arsed to get into it more.

It was the whole *take a bath. walk for 10 minutes to town. Get bad attitudes for being dirty.* cycle that felt stupid. How do you manage to get that dirty just walking around? And why do people care? it's the middle ages ffs. Mud was high fashion!

From what I remember, how quickly you & your clothes get dirty is dependant on everything from whether you walk or run to the clothes quality to how muddy the route you took was (don't jump in puddles). Get the +2 charims perk when you've got flowers in your inventory, too. I do remember it being one of the more annoying peasant simulation mechanics; but it's something you can adjust to easy enough once you know what causes it.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    This is the greatest shit since JA2, why don't we have a thread?

Battle Brothers
    Quality time waster. Have to play on Ironman though, so losing a fight is actually painful.