Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Horizon Zero Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    robotic T-Rexs shooting laser cannons and mortars at you
    I love how this is basically the premise they started with and worked back from just because a few employees were crazy enough to put this forward as a viable game concept when their company was looking for new ideas. When the proof-of-concept was actually fun to play a majority of the company voted to go with this one and only then did they start to make up a half-plausible story to explain robotic dinosaurs. And they still ended up with a game lauded for it's story, quite an achievement.
    And then they pick this screwball to voice her:

I kept waiting for the funny moment that never came
    Poor Lall, life is hard.
    Hes not wrong though, thats straight up terrible. I don't think i've ever seen the 'im so quirky lol' shtick done with such a sense of desperation before.
    Last edited by Joshua Foiritain; May 30 2021 at 07:12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    robotic T-Rexs shooting laser cannons and mortars at you
    I love how this is basically the premise they started with and worked back from just because a few employees were crazy enough to put this forward as a viable game concept when their company was looking for new ideas. When the proof-of-concept was actually fun to play a majority of the company voted to go with this one and only then did they start to make up a half-plausible story to explain robotic dinosaurs. And they still ended up with a game lauded for it's story, quite an achievement.
    And then they pick this screwball to voice her:

I kept waiting for the funny moment that never came
    Poor Lall, life is hard.
    Hes not wrong though, thats straight up terrible. I don't think i've ever seen the 'im so quirky lol' shtick done with such a sense of desperation before.
    Well it didn't come out in the character in HZD, thought she was awesome in that so clearly she's not some uncontrollable child.

Isnt that cringe from round about anno "Hi I'm Boxxy"? That was considered funny for all of, like, half a year. Ya'll just getting old.

There was also some storm in a teacup over how shit her brother is at writing for games, thats all i remember.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Enough reeeeeeeing about someone's humor, have some gameplay footage.

"Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Didn't even finish the tutorial and already man tears have been hazd. This game is amazing <3

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Didn't even finish the tutorial and already man tears have been hazd. This game is amazing <3
    Avoid any youtube video regarding H:ZD until you finish.

Also, three tips: Get a sharpshot bow ASAP. Every vendor offers a free sample box, get it. Do not forget to upgrade your carrying capacity.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Just finished my first playthrough. Like many, I've spoiled much of the story for myself years ago, but luckily I forgot most of the little nuances as time went Will start NG+ at harder difficulty next.

Never did find the last (first? mk. 1 A) metal flower on this playthrough, which irks me some.

Hopefully the sequel will get released on PC eventually as well. I've tried playing with a controller (Xbox controller via steam link), but I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, never mind precision shots.

100% agree that Fireclaws are bullshit.
    All expressed opinions match those of my employers, hail satan

Quote Originally Posted by halka View Post
    Hopefully the sequel will get released on PC eventually as well. I've tried playing with a controller (Xbox controller via steam link), but I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, never mind precision shots.
    One of the tricks I've seen on YT is that time slows when you are aiming while in the air. This is intended for when you are falling, but it also works when jumping. Ergo, you can bunny hop to get bullet time.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    I'm 2/3 of the way through my first playthrough, havent spoiled story AT ALL and I'm finding the storytelling fairly entrancing. Real insane atmosphere as you unpick what happened way back when. Now dipping into Frozen Wilds for a bit

One of the things I overlooked in my playthrough was the Golden Fast Travel Pack, which allows infinite travel and is available from the better merchants. Had I known it existed, it would have saved me a lot of materials and time.
    Last edited by Nordstern; November 9 2021 at 06:09:42 AM.

One of the things I overlooked in my playthrough was the Golden Fast Travel Pack, which allows infinite travel and is available from the better merchants. Had I known it existed, it would have saved me a lot of materials and time.
    Every playthrough, I tell myself I'm not going to get it, I'm not going to use fast travel as little as possible and run/ride everywhere.

I think if the mounts were better/faster, I might actually be able to do it.

Instead, I get that pack not too long after reaching the big city and use it all the time.
    Quarantined and loving life.

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    Every playthrough, I tell myself I'm not going to get it, I'm not going to use fast travel as little as possible and run/ride everywhere.

I think if the mounts were better/faster, I might actually be able to do it.

Instead, I get that pack not too long after reaching the big city and use it all the time.
    Well, given what the FW trailer showed, I would not be surprised if flying mounts are possible in the next game.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Finished it. Was great... arguably better than Witcher III

DLSS / FSR support being added finally. I am sorely tempted to launch another playthrough.
    But have a million things on.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/hor...nd-fsr-support
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.