hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: [PVE] Proteus

[PVE] Proteus

I'm finally getting around to training for T3 - I couldn't afford them when they first came out so I didn't bother. But that lack of real interest also left me completely ignorant when it comes to fitting them.

Does anyone have a L4 mission fit they'd be willing to share?

My first attempt ended with plenty of tank and anemic dps. I'd be better running missions in a domi or mega.

Re: Proteus

The proteus doesn't bring anything worthwhile to the table for most PVE content. Use a gank sentry domi and save yourself a whole lot of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Solanar
    I'd be better running missions in a domi or mega.
    Pretty much. If you use rails your dps is terribad, and if you use blasters you end up with a slower loki that cant shoot as far.

Also why are the propulsion subs SO bad for this ship

Quote Originally Posted by Helen
    haha!

needs bigger eyebrows

shadoo.png

[PvE (mwd)]

Corelum C-Type Medium Armor Repairer
    Armor Explosive Hardener II
    Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
    Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer
    Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
    Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
    'Motte' Capacitor Power Relay I

Large Capacitor Battery II
    Y-T8 Overcharged Hydrocarbon I Microwarpdrive
    Federation Navy Stasis Webifier

Heavy Neutron Blaster II,Void M

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Proteus Defensive - Nanobot Injector
    Proteus Offensive - Hybrid Propulsion Armature
    Proteus Engineering - Power Core Multiplier
    Proteus Electronics - Emergent Locus Analyzer
    Proteus Propulsion - Localized Injectors

Drones_Inactive=Hammerhead II,5
    Drones_Inactive=Warrior II,5

Works great, really good damage, nice and quick. Wont have the range of a Loki, but a Loki wont have the DPS by a long shot. The CPR was a gift, but is not required. Tank is well sufficient for L4's. And for missions like Gone Berserk dual nano instead of harderners work perfectly. Though i would say a Machariel is a better missioner. I have used both and a Mach does roughly the same damage at much greater range with almost identical speed. But this is a Pr0teus thread.

You could bump up the rigs and the rep to T2 and Centu(s)(m) A-type, but this is not required. Better MWD also helps cap (even signature isn't such an issue, just gotta mind where you're going), but is not required either for this fit to work.

-Kal

Quote Originally Posted by Malaes View Post
    Pretty much. If you use rails your dps is terribad, and if you use blasters you end up with a slower loki that cant shoot as far.

Also why are the propulsion subs SO bad for this ship
    They are not, there is one that reduces ab and mwd cap usage, as the only T3. As used on my PvE fit.

With this fitting i did Sanctums in 0.0 vs Guristas :

[Proteus, XZC]
    Corpum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer
    Shadow Serpentis Armor Kinetic Hardener
    Shadow Serpentis Armor Thermic Hardener
    Shadow Serpentis Armor Thermic Hardener

Y-T8 Overcharged Hydrocarbon I Microwarpdrive
    Cap Recharger II
    Cap Recharger II

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Antimatter Charge M

Medium Hybrid Burst Aerator I
    Medium Hybrid Locus Coordinator I
    Medium Hybrid Locus Coordinator I

Proteus Electronics - Dissolution Sequencer
    Proteus Defensive - Nanobot Injector
    Proteus Engineering - Power Core Multiplier
    Proteus Offensive - Hybrid Propulsion Armature
    Proteus Propulsion - Localized Injectors

Hobgoblin II x5
    Hammerhead II x5

Notes:
    0. With this fitting you don't have a lot of capacitor. You have to manage the MWD and the armor repair. Stop the MWD when you reach 10km from target as you're set to orbit it at 2.000+ Km.
    1. You need Advanced Weapons Upgrade Level 5 + PG8 implant to work. Or you may fit some CCC + Auxiliary Nano Pump and dish the PG8 implant.
    2. Don't know about Level 4, but for sanctums, Corpum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer does wonders. You can reach at least 600 repair amount / cycle.
    3. 2x Cap Recharger II so my capacitor regens faster. Some may say to fit a Large Capacitor Battery
    4. You don't really need webs. Put the small drones on frigates and you deal with the BCs and BSs.
    5. Most of the time you will speed tank them in close range. Orbit them at 2.000 Km
    6. You can swap an armor hardener with a Damage Control II to be sure and only switch the 2 hardeners according to mission's rats.
    7. Proteus Electronics - Dissolution Sequencer is good vs Guristas, but you can put the CPU subsystem so the Proteus looks better.

Orrrrrr use a tengu?

It is that much better.

All that pimp and t1 (stacking-nerfed rigs.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Amda Tori View Post
    With this fitting i did Sanctums in 0.0 vs Guristas :
    Notes:
    0. With this fitting you don't have a lot of capacitor. You have to manage the MWD and the armor repair. Stop the MWD when you reach 10km from target as you're set to orbit it at 2.000+ Km.
    1. You need Advanced Weapons Upgrade Level 5 + PG8 implant to work. Or you may fit some CCC + Auxiliary Nano Pump and dish the PG8 implant.
    2. Don't know about Level 4, but for sanctums, Corpum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer does wonders. You can reach at least 600 repair amount / cycle.
    3. 2x Cap Recharger II so my capacitor regens faster. Some may say to fit a Large Capacitor Battery
    4. You don't really need webs. Put the small drones on frigates and you deal with the BCs and BSs.
    5. Most of the time you will speed tank them in close range. Orbit them at 2.000 Km
    6. You can swap an armor hardener with a Damage Control II to be sure and only switch the 2 hardeners according to mission's rats.
    7. Proteus Electronics - Dissolution Sequencer is good vs Guristas, but you can put the CPU subsystem so the Proteus looks better.
    Notes on your notes:
    0. Not cap stable so you either need to be doing awesome damages at huge ranges or a big burst tank, this ship has neither.
    1. Very high fitting requirements and even a 140mil implant to get it all in.
    2. Massive pimp for nullsec but you dont know if enough tank for lvl4s ....
    3. Sensible note.
    4. Why would you bother with webs if the ship doesnt have a bonus to them, drones will work fine.
    5. Since you need to burn about 30-50km to each BS you are going to take direct fire the whole way with a HUGE sig because of the mwd.
    6. Basic fitting knowlege to tank local rats.
    7. Why would you bother gimping the ship to make it look good

Another Idiot who EFT whored the best stats with no ship piloting knowlege.

IS-4, T110E5, T-54, E-50, IS-8, M103, T34, Type 59, M26 Pershing, AMX 13 90, KV-3, SU-122-44, AMX AC Mle. 1946, SU-101, T20, T71, T25/2, KV-1S, T21, Jgdpzr IV, Sherman E8, GW Panther, AMX 12t, M18, Stug III, T-50-2, T-34, PzIV, ELC AMX, Crusader, Covenanter, SU-26, T1, RenaultFT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Marram View Post
    Another Idiot who EFT whored the best stats with no ship piloting knowlege.
    its a fucking epidemic lately. Too many of these faggots should be posting their fits on BC, not FHC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Yeats View Post
    It is called a difference of opinion and if you're going to get so shirty about it, you might want to cancel your connection to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by noobcake View Post
    its a fucking epidemic lately. Too many of these faggots should be posting their fits on BC, not FHC.
    I just bothered to put it into EFT and it actually has 1minute of cap stability with the mwd off ....
    Also that the price is about 2x the cost of the hull ....

IS-4, T110E5, T-54, E-50, IS-8, M103, T34, Type 59, M26 Pershing, AMX 13 90, KV-3, SU-122-44, AMX AC Mle. 1946, SU-101, T20, T71, T25/2, KV-1S, T21, Jgdpzr IV, Sherman E8, GW Panther, AMX 12t, M18, Stug III, T-50-2, T-34, PzIV, ELC AMX, Crusader, Covenanter, SU-26, T1, RenaultFT.

gonna just pop in here again to say an AB HML/HAM tengu does it better.

Gentlemen keep it on topic with relevant fits and discussion of those fits.
    Yes a Tengu is better for PvE but if someone still wants to fly one of these flying turds let them post fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    Gentlemen keep it on topic with relevant fits and discussion of those fits.
    Yes a Tengu is better for PvE but if someone still wants to fly one of these flying turds let them post fits.
    I consider it a civic duty for whoever reads this section for advice to be spread on what's good/bad. Just sayin' 8)

Out

Quote Originally Posted by Kalafok View Post
    They are not, there is one that reduces ab and mwd cap usage, as the only T3. As used on my PvE fit.
    This is pretty much the only good one. I had high hopes for the Wake Limiter until I had the sense to set up DPS graphs in EFT, comparing the Wake Limiter with other subs. It helps a tiny bit if you're being torpedo'd, otherwise it does nothing you aren't already doing by being really fucking fast.