hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: [COMING BACK TO EVE] Don't make a new one, use this thread.

Re: [COMING BACK TO EVE] Don't make a new one, use this thre

Good read

Quote Originally Posted by firefoxinc
    Good read
    Get out of here furry

Quote Originally Posted by Sudden
    Quote Originally Posted by firefoxinc
    Good read
    Get out of here furry
    Only if i can go to your house <3

http://www.storm-hammer.com/forum/index.php

I just resubbed both my accounts after absolutely ages.....

May the gods have mercy on your soul.

Haven't played in about a year or so, but then...

Recently I got a job here in Croatia working for a local bookstore retail chain as assistant to the head of the multimedia department (films, music, games and assorted crap). Anyway, about a month ago the head went all "fuck this, emoragequit" and I was left as head (and only employee) of multimedia department.

One of the first things I did as "replacement head" was to convince the directors we got too much old shit on our shelves and IT NEEDS TO GO. "Ok", said they, "put up new, sale prices" and so I did.

Lo and behold, we had 5 copies of EVE Online boxsets. GHSC mode kicked in, I set the new price (just above 1 Euro per boxset) saying "it's an old game from 2004 or somesuch, it's been upgraded since and went f2p and these are obsolete copies not worth a damn" (God(tm) bless directors who don't know shit about serious business) and then immediately ran to the store and bought all of them.

Each one had a 2 month game card in it.

???

Profit.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

enjoy your new job as head of the sandwich making department.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe
    Haven't played in about a year or so, but then...

Recently I got a job here in Croatia working for a local bookstore retail chain as assistant to the head of the multimedia department (films, music, games and assorted crap). Anyway, about a month ago the head went all "fuck this, emoragequit" and I was left as head (and only employee) of multimedia department.

One of the first things I did as "replacement head" was to convince the directors we got too much old shit on our shelves and IT NEEDS TO GO. "Ok", said they, "put up new, sale prices" and so I did.

Lo and behold, we had 5 copies of EVE Online boxsets. GHSC mode kicked in, I set the new price (just above 1 Euro per boxset) saying "it's an old game from 2004 or somesuch, it's been upgraded since and went f2p and these are obsolete copies not worth a damn" (God(tm) bless directors who don't know shit about serious business) and then immediately ran to the store and bought all of them.

Each one had a 2 month game card in it.

???

Profit.
    You are gona miss those 5 euro..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

I was getting fired at the beginning of June anyway (department shutting down, therefore the "all must go" sale) plus these copies were in the store for over 2 years with nobody buying them, plus I DID get orders to set sale prices that will attract people because of prices, not because of a marketing campaign.

Great success imo, asides from the fact my R&D agents became unavailable while I was unsubbed for some reason.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

I was getting fired at the beginning of June anyway (department shutting down, therefore the "all must go" sale) plus these copies were in the store for over 2 years with nobody buying them, plus I DID get orders to set sale prices that will attract people because of prices, not because of a marketing campaign.

Great success imo, asides from the fact my R&D agents became unavailable while I was unsubbed for some reason.
    They nixed ghost datacores before christmas.

TMA: What I've missed in like a year

and what's this ghost datacore shit? that was going to be my subs for a few months, what the fuck?

i read threads and make bad posts and i'm all out of read threads

shitposting shitposts one shitpost at a shitpost

??????????????????

i came back after a year half-2yrs with 495days of datacores to collect per agent...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius Longinus View Post
    The pinky-raised space gentlemen can all eat a bag of dicks; We're in it for the lols.

Quote Originally Posted by killfalcon

They nixed ghost datacores before christmas.
    Are you sure?

Yep, Joshua, you no longer get research points while unsubbed.

What I still don't understand is what made my standings drop so I can no longer even use the R&D agents I used before.

Yep, Joshua, you no longer get research points while unsubbed.

What I still don't understand is what made my standings drop so I can no longer even use the R&D agents I used before.
    Could this be connected to some changes they did with corps you had neutral standing with - I think things like connections skill used to apply when you are neutral (so someone with connections V had an effective 2.0 standing with all empire corps/factions) whereas now you need to do a single mission before connections kicks in.

I believe there was also a similar situation with R&D agents where people had to do a single mission for the relevant corp to regain access to R&D agents they could use before.

[COMING BACK TO EVE] Don't make a new one, use this thread.

Someone care to explain more about incursions? Curious what's the deal - where they show, how hard they range from, what they drop, is it fun, does it help sec status?

And does wormhole hunting affect sec status?

Quote Originally Posted by sand
    Someone care to explain more about incursions? Curious what's the deal - where they show, how hard they range from, what they drop, is it fun, does it help sec status?

Difficulty is geared for groups of ten and more players. No exceptions. Bring a piped ship for solo and you WILL lose it.
    nevar forget

Nothing you can do in w-space affects your sec status, killing people doesn't drop it, killing NPCs doesn't increase it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby

Difficulty is geared for groups of ten and more players. No exceptions. Bring a piped ship for solo and you WILL lose it.
    Incursion sites are spread across a constellation and show as beacons on your overview. As long as the incursion is active completing a site causes a new one to spawn in the system after a short delay.

5 types of incursion sites, anything above scout you can't effectively solo (a couple of people have managed to solo vanguard sites on sisi I believe however as payouts are based on size of fleet not only did it take far, far longer they actually got paid virtually nothing). Max payout for fleet size is 10 (vanguard), 20 (assault), 40 (HQ), 80 (Mom fight). If you are over payout goes down, if you are too far under payout goes down (can do vanguard with 6 or 7 and still get full payout per person). Experienced fleets don't tend to take losses except in the mom fight - alpha's there can be enough to take down people and the mom has an ecm burst which can cause real problems if you are primary, it goes off and logis are slow. Assault sites are probably the next most dangerous.

Rewards are in three parts - isk is paid out as soon as the site completes, is per pilot and based on fleet size. If two fleets are in the same site the fleet that did the most damage gets paid, the other gets nothing. LP are put in a pool on the same basis and the pool is paid out when the mom is killed - if the mom isn't killed and the incursion finishes withdrawing no LP from the pool are paid out and they are lost. The mom wreck itself drops a bpc and some true sansha mods - bpc can be any of the sansha ships in high sec including the shadow fighter bomber, the mom bpc can drop in low sec. There are often ninja's trying to get the loot.

You do get sec status from fighting incursions.

Did they buff T2 ammo? I could have sworn I read something about that.