hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 100 of 102 FirstFirst ... 5090979899100101102 LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2034

Thread: [COMING BACK TO EVE] Don't make a new one, use this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    15 years + beta, the apparent bitter vet probably has some kind of fun somewhere .....
    I like you mate and i have been playing since 2005 myself but i hope you get my comedy remark

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    EVE IS NOT A COMEDY! IT IS REAL!

Shit shit ahiiii
    Diaf mupetkillurselfirlingame

Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    15 years + beta, the apparent bitter vet probably has some kind of fun somewhere .....
    I like you mate and i have been playing since 2005 myself but i hope you get my comedy remark

EVE IS NOT A COMEDY! IT IS REAL!

"A comedy to those who think, a tragedy to those who feel"

How real do you want it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Eve is life

Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Super Everator Global Moderator Virtuozzo's Avatar
    Look on the bright side, at least it isn't alive (yet) ...
    J'ai violÚ votre vaisseau spatial. C'Útait amusant....!

EVE once was about internet spaceships. Then those became serious business.
    Now all that is left is serious business, and spaceships are docked for two years till after the Dust of Incarna

I've been thinking about trying to play again. I've had it installed since the last time I did this and have occasionally popped in to see how my skill queue is doing. So much is different! I'm terrible at PVP and always have been, so wondering what part of 0.0 would be good to go to until I have figured my shit out again. Was thinking the east, Is dronelands still renters' paradise?

Quote Originally Posted by Gralg View Post
    I've been thinking about trying to play again. I've had it installed since the last time I did this and have occasionally popped in to see how my skill queue is doing. So much is different! I'm terrible at PVP and always have been, so wondering what part of 0.0 would be good to go to until I have figured my shit out again. Was thinking the east, Is dronelands still renters' paradise?
    I feel like we have another thread specifically for this kind of question, but what the hell. What kind of experience do you want? Dronelands is indeed rentlands now, but do you actually want to be a renter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    I feel like we have another thread specifically for this kind of question, but what the hell. What kind of experience do you want? Dronelands is indeed rentlands now, but do you actually want to be a renter?
    Eh I saw this one sticky'd saying don't make another "coming back to EVE" post so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place »\_(ツ)_/»

Honestly I'm not sure, I haven't played in any real shape or form since 2014, so at least to start guess I need to rat and stuff to make money since, from looking at the regional market, things seem to be a fair bit more expensive than they used to be. I can PVP, I'm just not very good at it, so figured shooting for a quieter region to build up. It would also help to relearn how to play/learn about all the new things that have been added in the last 4 years.

Banned

Honestly I'm not sure, I haven't played in any real shape or form since 2014, so at least to start guess I need to rat and stuff to make money since, from looking at the regional market, things seem to be a fair bit more expensive than they used to be. I can PVP, I'm just not very good at it, so figured shooting for a quieter region to build up. It would also help to relearn how to play/learn about all the new things that have been added in the last 4 years.
    Exploration makes good cash [relics are still better than data sites], could always try those abyssal deadspace things too.

FancomicidolkostŘmier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Praise Jebus, I've resubbed!

TMA Troglodytian invasions, and are they any fun?
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Praise Jebus, I've resubbed!

TMA Troglodytian invasions, and are they any fun?
    It is eve, it isn't fun.

What are filaments?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    What are filaments?
    ways to risk expensive ships for little rewards

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    What are filaments?
    ways to risk expensive ships for little rewards
    Shit comment. Filament can bring ships, 5 to 25 to random 0.0 spot. Need to be in fleet and max battleship size. Its fun imo but usually a one way trip cuz fuck moving home when you sling 60 jumps. Can do a new one after 15 minutes tho.

Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

One of you's talking about Abyssal filaments, the other the xmas wormhole-on-demand kind, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    One of you's talking about Abyssal filaments, the other the xmas wormhole-on-demand kind, no?
    ahhhhh yeah

Xmas wh filament is my point, normal abysal doesnt have to be uber expensive. Maybe if you do the arena thats all.

Abysal filament brings you to a special wh space. 20 minutes to finish it or you will lose ship and pod. Tier 1 to 5. Isk is in the loot. Can also do them with 3 people in frigs.

Decent isk maker and a challenge sometimes with RNG spawns.
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Not me. I don't think this warranted it's own thread but it is pretty interesting to some of you old farts...

Reddit thread Reactivated an account from May 2005

imgur link to images

WTB micro cap bats and basic caps

Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

So with a few weeks at home to look forward too thoughts have turned to what to do...

I haven't played in years, I ( probably ? ) have assets spread everywhere. Dreads / Carriers etc, all high value.

Can I melt assets to get rich quick ?

What's the best way to just get in game and get into some action ? Looking for fleet / large roams etc.

No political affiliation, no idea on EvE politics now anyhow.

Being spoon fed instructions etc prob a good thing because god knows what's changed with ships / setups etc.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarp View Post
    So with a few weeks at home to look forward too thoughts have turned to what to do...

I haven't played in years, I ( probably ? ) have assets spread everywhere. Dreads / Carriers etc, all high value.

If your stuff was in 0.0 outpost, then they will have been moved to a new thing called "asset safety" where, for a fee, you can recover them in various border low-sec systems. Capitals in general tanked a lot in value with the changes to the Rorqual and introduction of more ore than even the bots know what to do with, but are ofc still useful as the ships they are. If your carriers had triage modules fitted they were also converted to a new ship class specifically for triage and anything you knew about fighters will have to be relearned.

Another thing to potentially melt are characters themselves. Skill point injection is a thing now and you can sell your excess SP on the market by extracting them.

What's the best way to just get in game and get into some action ? Looking for fleet / large roams etc.

For instant action, albeit somewhat on the blobby side, you can't really go wrong with joining one of the bigger 0.0 alliances with good new player content. Things like Brave Newbies, Karmafleet, Pandemic Horde or TEST are always recruiting and will get you back into the game quickly with lots of members to help you with mechanics that have changed.

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarp View Post

If your stuff was in 0.0 outpost, then they will have been moved to a new thing called "asset safety" where, for a fee, you can recover them in various border low-sec systems. Capitals in general tanked a lot in value with the changes to the Rorqual and introduction of more ore than even the bots know what to do with, but are ofc still useful as the ships they are. If your carriers had triage modules fitted they were also converted to a new ship class specifically for triage and anything you knew about fighters will have to be relearned.

Another thing to potentially melt are characters themselves. Skill point injection is a thing now and you can sell your excess SP on the market by extracting them.

For instant action, albeit somewhat on the blobby side, you can't really go wrong with joining one of the bigger 0.0 alliances with good new player content. Things like Brave Newbies, Karmafleet, Pandemic Horde or TEST are always recruiting and will get you back into the game quickly with lots of members to help you with mechanics that have changed.
    If ez handholding and spoonfed "wargames" content is what you want, definitely Horde/Karma. If you want something that feels a bit more like 'old school' eve, I highly recommend you check out Vale.

I'm biased, but my own group, Forsaken Empire refuses to play the game the "optimal" way of blobs and donuts. We play the game at a tiny scale compared to the blobs, but get excellent content, with most of our fleets being small gang or <50 people. While we're not exactly new player friendly, eve is like riding a bike and I'm sure you can pick it back up pretty easily. We go out of our way to avoid blues and being part of multiple region spanning blobs/agreements, and due to my "unique" character we have a few OG style grudges with our neighbors a region over. Shitposts abound, just like the old days.

Other than that, you have Reverberation project who are a little more PVE and newer player friendly, and Brand New Bros new alliance (FAM) - they left Brave recently because the content in Vale is so much better and because being in a big block is generally pretty awful.

Think original big blue or NC (the MM/TCF/RZR one) except people don't even pretend to be pvpers; the krabs run things these days. The pendulum is hopefully drifting back around towards pvp now, and with any luck krabs will be put back in their rightful place at the bottom of the food chain, but until then blobs aren't where you want to be unless you're a turbokrab.
    It's 2020. Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    Great Advice

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    Great Advice
    Thanks guys, much appreciated.