What's changed since I got old?
Mostly Copy/Pasting from the OLD SHC sticky thread and reformating it slightly to make it more readable and better for different people based on when they stopped playing. Scroll down until when you stopped playing then read up, I'll mostly focus on essential gameplay changes, rather than small UI tweaks and such. The list is mostly meant to be a TL;DR format. If you have any suggestions to make then please post below, theres probably been a bunch of important stuff I've somehow missed.
- Tier 3 BCs, they're basically Glass Cannons/Stealth Bomb battlecruiser varients. They can all fit 8x Large BS guns, they do BS damage but have no drones, (except 25m3 on Talos) and have cruiser HP, but also have almost-cruiser speed/agility. Much like stealth bombers, they do a ton of DPS but get their shit pushed in by Frigates/Cruisers that can get in under their lolBStracking.
- Assault Frigates got buffed, a lot of them got fittings, HP boost and an extra slot + 4th bonus. They are well worth flying now.
- A lot of random modules got t2 Versions, t2 gang link, t2 bubble, t2 bomb launcher, t2 probe launcher
- Hybrids got buffed, now a Thorax doesn't die to a Rupture in blaster optimal range, yay!. Null got buffed, hybrid reload time is now 5 seconds, fitting on rails/blasters got reduced, damage increased.
- All t2 close range ammo got buffed to non-shit status. Void/Hail/Conflag basically had their tracking penalty change from 0.5 to 0.75. And a 10% damage increase so now they don't just do 1% more damage than faction does, it's worth switching to it in situations. Javelin/Gleam/Quake also got damage buffed, the tracking penalty changed to a tracking bonus. And all of the shitty penalities removed that isn't range/cap use. So now you're signature won't go up when loading gleam, nor will your thrasher with only a single sensor booster for active module cap out when loading quake, Javelin no longer has speed penalty etc. Now all are worth loading.
- Destroyers got their ROF penalties removed, basically, all destroyers got a 33% damage boost. It's now possible to get lol 600 dps from a catalyst, The thrasher now owns.
- Dramiel got nerfed. Finally.
- There is literally hundreds of small UI changes/bug fixes that were made here. Go here if you want to find out more. My Favorite is being able to autopilot to stations.
- Not much to say here, walking in stations got added but it's single player only. There are 4 station environments and other than for you to stare at your characters ass and look around for 5 minutes pretty much everyone goes back to the regular hanger the next day.
- Nex Store, a lot of overpriced clothes that only yourself will see. There is only two items that will actually display on your forum avatar, the Nightstalker something or other goggles, or the infamous Monocle (which costs more than a monocle IRL).
- There are now Incursions that happen in all of eve K-space. Incursions are mostly Group PVE content, they use sleeper AI and each Sansha NPC has a role like logistics, scrambling, bomber NPCs etc. You get CONCORD LP for completing them which can be used to by meta 2 Capital modules (This includes Remote shield, energy, armor and Guns/Launchers only) and new .5 implants. Incursions will shit up the system with penalties that reduce bountys, cyno jam the system, prevent jump bridges being used FROM the system, and will reduce your resistances. The rats at belts and gates will also be changed to super elite rats which will rape the average player ship making mining and belt ratting almost impossible. Theres also a Sanshas mothership and Sansha fighter bombers but it's considered to be terrible because of lol shields.
- New character creator
- Learning skills removed, and any SP you had invested them in is now refunded and can be applied to any skills that you want from the character sheet.
- Noctis, a dedicated salvaging ship that can tractor beam to 80km and gets a bonus to salvaging cycle time. It's basically the default level 4 / belt/anomaly hoover.
- Faction ships are now on the market
- Rockets got buffed making them non-shit.
- Plantery Interaction, all NPC seeded goods have been removed and are now manufactured by players. You can put a command centre on a planet, extract goods and process them into different materials using processors on planets.
- Eve-gate, AKA spacebook. most people have forgetten about this the week after it came out.
:thats literally it for tyrannis:
- All the Pirate faction ships were given unique bonuses and rebalanced and all with a few exceptions are really good PvP ships. Angel Cartel ships are FOTM. The Frigate Navy ships were also redesigned and are now also awesome.
- Autocannons got buffed by increased DPS, increased falloff on higher tier ACs, doubled ammo capacity and tracking enhancers and tracking computers now effect falloff. Artys are now awesome. Hybrids are still shit.
- The sov system got changed and is no-longer based on POS.
- Systems are upgradeable (although the anomaly upgrades recently got nerfed hard) so you can turn some shitty regions into decent ones, the upgrades include increased anomalys, higher chance of plexes spawning, higher chance of wormholes spawning, guranteed hidden asteroid belts, and mini-profession sites (such as hacking).
- There are now pirate faction epic arcs (Guristas and Angels) that can be run by AFs/Intys and you get decent rewards for doing it, standings + faction Cruiser BPC.
- Fleet Finder, you can now just 'search for fleets' and join a fleet if its listed in the fleet finder. Useful for joining CTAs etc without having to ask for x's.
- Supercarriers now are awesome and considered OP. The Hel is still shit though.
- Titans also got massive hitpoint buff and their doomsday has been changed to single target although it does 3 million damage at DD5/Titan5, so now insta's carriers
- Probing system revamped, it's now not shit, and based more on player skill than the ship skill. Probing skills are still important, but you're not going to have to :lolwaitfor7minutesperscan:. It's now 100% accurate, as long as you have significant probe strength, as opposed to the previous chance based system
- Wormholes, wormholes go into wormhole space, they can be probed down, and you run sites in their to get components to build T3 ships. The NPCs inside have much better AI and in wormholes of class 3 and higher you generally need an organised group to run them. If you lose your probes/probing ship then you're stuck and have to commit seppuku to escape.
- T3s, basically better, more expensive HACs. Have 5 subsystems with 4 options which can be swapped out and changes the look of the ship as well . Theres only about 2 useful configurations per ship though. Have some interesting options like a covert cloak system and interdiction nullifier subsystem which allows you to warp in bubbles and prevents them from dragging you
- Rigs are now sized based. Frigate rigs cost 1/25th of a BS rig so you now basically fit a rig on everything including rifters.
- Epic Mission Arcs - You can now choose Dialog Box 1, 2 or 3 to choose what mission you would like to next during the Arc. Good rewards at the end of it.
- Stealth Bombers are now awesome, can use covert cloaks now and they use torpedos and do about 450-500 DPS each. Still are made of paper and get raped by a 1 week old noob in a merlin since they have no anti-frig support. But are now very nice in Recon gangs as DPS ships. Bombs cost much less now also, and can generally be bought for 800k each or so. Most alliances like to do bombing runs on large blobs of enemy ships, making them fairly useful.
- ECM got range nerfed, and Falcon/Rook lost ECM optimal bonuses. Falcon got 10m3 and rook got 25m3 drones to compensate. Rook is actually a decent ship now for solo faggotry.
- You can now remap your attributes every year. Remapping allows you to focus your attributes wherever you want, so you can now all be Achuras without being ugly.
- Orca, highsec capable Rorqual which gets similar bonuses and can store ships inside it. Default ship for highsec miners now.
- Scrams now shut down MWDs, making a lot of ships with limited midslots a lot better. Afterburners are now useful and used to dictate range within scram range. Scrams are the new webs
- Webs got nerfed from 90% t2 to 60% t2.
- All ships got slowed down, poly carbons and nanos nerfed to give speed/agility (stacks with istabs/ods), ODs nerfed heavily, aux thrusters nerfed. Lots of implants moved to slot 6 making most of them useless. Skirmish Warfare skill now gives agility instead of speed. x-stinct boosters now give -sig instead of speed.
- Stackless UI and 64bit shit made jita actually stable with 1000 guys in it.
- Certificates/Medals - Some cool looking but useless things that you'll forget exist after a few days, most people just send medals to corp members saying "useless fuck".
- Factional Warfare, Gallente/Minmatar vs Amarr/Caldari, you can shoot any of the opposing factions, like a massive wardec. You get shot by opposing factions in their highsec though by NPCs. 0.5 rats can be tanked easily by a solo drake whereas the 1.0 spawns rape you and web/neut/damp. Pretty much abadoned by CCP now. Good for getting small scale pvp fights in lolsec, you can also run lowsec fw missions which give good isk/hr. It's possible to capture systems by running FW plexes in them but doesn't do anything outside of lolrp except changing a bit of text in system info.
- New faction ships which all suck except for the omen, including navy osprey, navy exequror, scythe-fleet issue, and omen navy issue.
- A new lolsec region called 'black rise' got added, which links to CR and is next to essence and the citadel lowsec.
- New graphics
- Black Ops, t2 Battleships which can use a black ops jumpbridge to portal cloaky t3s, Stealth Bombers, Transport Ships, Cloaky Recons and Covert Ops. Covert Cynos can be light in cyno jammed systems. Mostly used to hotdrop carebears. The Ships themselves don't see much action and are worse than the t1 varients that they are based off, and the Gallente one is especially shit. Redeemer is considered the best one.
- Maruders, t2 PVE battleships, they have double cargo size, tractor beam bonuses, and active tanking bonuses. They have much bigger signature radius and half the sensor strength though, so get lol permajammed by a griffin and owned by fighter bombers, making them rarely seen in PVP, especially now that the Pirate Faction ships are buffed.
- Heavy Interdictors, Tanky HAC like Ships that can fit a bubble module similar to the dictor varient, although the bubble is from the actual ship rather than a disposable probe, they can't be repped while their bubble is up and get speed penalities. Can also script the bubble to make it a single target, infi point They don't have drone bays and do poor DPS, making them mostly gang ships that are good for tackling capitals or for small gang camping.
- Electronic Attack Ships, mini recons, sound cool as hell on paper, unfortunately they are mostly complete shit, there are more active titans than there are EAS so this might clue you in to how bad they are.
- Omen/Ferox/Eagle/Zealot all got +1 turret slot. Apoc got cap bonus built into the hull and got an optimal range bonus instead making it the default sniping BS ship (although sniper BS are now almost extinct on TQ).
- Eve Voice, ingame voice, it's mostly considered to be inferior to TS/Vent/Mumble since obviously if your client crashes then so does your voice. has gotten a lot better recently. Is handy if you want to fleet up with some pubbie though and don't want to give out TS details. Also nice for small corps who don't want to pay for OOG voice service.
- Interceptors got a -80% propulsion jamming cap bonus so now can perma run mwd and warp disrupter, the tackle ceptors stiletto/ares/malediction/raptor got a optimal range bonus so they can point to 30km(36 heated). Ares got made non shit by gaining a mid for a high, Raptor is still shit.
- Torpedos are now massive DPS <20km weapon systems. Torp Raven can now put out megathron level DPS if the target is webbed and painted.
- Heat, you can now overheat modules increasing their stats but causing damage to your modules eventually making them unsuable until you repair them in station. Pretty much the most essential PvP skill. Can use Nanite Paste to repair heat damage in space if your modules haven't totally burnt out.