hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Ultrawide Wonderthread

Confirming if you want big ass oled monitor LG TVs are your go to. They even support gsync and freesync.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Confirming if you want big ass oled monitor LG TVs are your go to. They even support gsync and freesync.
    Confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    I mean my 21:9 34” ultrawide already has distortion and whatnot in the peripheral; I don’t consider it too much of a problem. Maybe even a boon, I sometimes use the edge-zoom effect to get a closer look at things. Have a 2080, not super worried about horsepower.

But I do not think I’ll be upgrading; I’ve only had my current monitor for 18 months and even though it was free (thanks, Amazon!), upgrading at this juncture seems like a waste. I also think I’m more keen on the 38” form factor used by Dell and LG, at 1600 vertical pixels, over an even wider 1440 res monitor.

Really I want someone to make a 52” 21:9 monitor. As wide as the G9 and other 49” displays, but at 1600px vertical res. I’d just get a second Dell 38 for home use, but lol 60hz display. Fine at the office, not not keen on gaming on it.

All that said I’d happily drop a few Gs for a curved ultrawide OLED monitor in any size 34”+.
    Well if you want a 55" OLED, LG do a 4k one for about 1300...
    Have an LG OLED TV. It's honestly kinda shit for gaming, at least from the PC. v0v

I mean my 21:9 34” ultrawide already has distortion and whatnot in the peripheral; I don’t consider it too much of a problem. Maybe even a boon, I sometimes use the edge-zoom effect to get a closer look at things. Have a 2080, not super worried about horsepower.

But I do not think I’ll be upgrading; I’ve only had my current monitor for 18 months and even though it was free (thanks, Amazon!), upgrading at this juncture seems like a waste. I also think I’m more keen on the 38” form factor used by Dell and LG, at 1600 vertical pixels, over an even wider 1440 res monitor.

Really I want someone to make a 52” 21:9 monitor. As wide as the G9 and other 49” displays, but at 1600px vertical res. I’d just get a second Dell 38 for home use, but lol 60hz display. Fine at the office, not not keen on gaming on it.

All that said I’d happily drop a few Gs for a curved ultrawide OLED monitor in any size 34”+.
    Have an LG OLED TV. It's honestly kinda shit for gaming, at least from the PC. v0v
    Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with it TBH when I hooked it up to my PC too. But I think that's more to do with how much my system struggled to output 4k. Consoles run fine on it though.

which one? the C9 and CX will both do full HDR at 120Hz, I can't imagine that not being good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

which one? the C9 and CX will both do full HDR at 120Hz, I can't imagine that not being good enough.
    Also the B9 which is what I have.

If anyone wants to nerd the fuck out about using TVs as screens and shit, this channel is where you should start IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcC...PnG-21WDOWdwew
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

I think it's a B9? My panel has black-crush issues. :dunno: (To be fair it's also second hand and fairly high-hour; streaming media content looks okay but PC input looks rough.)

I am just surprised LG doesn't make one of these: https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-38...gaming-monitor in OLED. Like, the screens are flexible, would be possible to make a curved one.