hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Gwent - The Witcher card game

http://www.gwent-tracker.com/c?id=1497694212.4451

mostly pretty standard consume, except I cut all the arachas out because they get completely fucked by a lot of popular decks (bears/axemen obviously, as well as machine NR). Instead focus on nekkers as a wincon by consuming like crazy (but for less tempo) in r1.

still not sure about the crones, been switching them out for hag/frightener/x for more versatility, but they are pretty useful to make up for lack of early tempo. also playing with swapping regis for something like yen:con or gigni, because right now he's normally a pretty meh body and +1 consume (which is nice) - and sometimes vs Sk you fuck yourself by having to banish a card to their GY which they can instantly rez.
    Last edited by Cerzi; June 17 2017 at 10:18:57 AM.

I still short succubus for monster deck I want.

Started playing consume, bit of weather shortly before closed beta ended, swapped to more harpy/golem with weather and full weather basically early open beta. Right now I made the full circle and I am back to consume decks.

I'm using this deck atm: http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/18774-u...ost-fog-hybrid

I decided to mill every card that wasn't neutral, monster or nilfgaard. That gave me 4000 scraps, which I used to buy the 3 gold I was missing this deck. I've shot up from rank 8 to 11 just today with 83% victories. Maybe I've missed the entire point of CCGs but essentially I'm just playing someone else's 'meta'. Yeah there's an art to the in game decisions, but really I'm losing satisfaction with the game and maybe the genre in itself. Have I missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike deVoid View Post
    I'm using this deck atm: http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/18774-u...ost-fog-hybrid

I decided to mill every card that wasn't neutral, monster or nilfgaard. That gave me 4000 scraps, which I used to buy the 3 gold I was missing this deck. I've shot up from rank 8 to 11 just today with 83% victories. Maybe I've missed the entire point of CCGs but essentially I'm just playing someone else's 'meta'. Yeah there's an art to the in game decisions, but really I'm losing satisfaction with the game and maybe the genre in itself. Have I missed something?
    Nah, the game is quite unbalanced and unsatisfying compared to earlier patches.

CDPR fucked up with skellige, and now 50% of all decks played run either Crach or King bran

So other than the currently fubard balance, is this thing hearthstone levels p2w (ok ok i dont want to start a flame war ) and will it suck the shit out of my wallet? Ive never played TW (I KNOW, really ) but the card game looks fun.
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerzi View Post
    http://www.gwent-tracker.com/c?id=1497694212.4451

mostly pretty standard consume, except I cut all the arachas out because they get completely fucked by a lot of popular decks (bears/axemen obviously, as well as machine NR). Instead focus on nekkers as a wincon by consuming like crazy (but for less tempo) in r1.

still not sure about the crones, been switching them out for hag/frightener/x for more versatility, but they are pretty useful to make up for lack of early tempo. also playing with swapping regis for something like yen:con or gigni, because right now he's normally a pretty meh body and +1 consume (which is nice) - and sometimes vs Sk you fuck yourself by having to banish a card to their GY which they can instantly rez.
    Followed by [img]http://i.imgur.c.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post
    So other than the currently fubard balance, is this thing hearthstone levels p2w (ok ok i dont want to start a flame war ) and will it suck the shit out of my wallet? Ive never played TW (I KNOW, really ) but the card game looks fun.
    Not really, in fact it's actually really really easy to get viable cards in this game. I've been playing F2P pretty casually, but I've got a 60% w/r from a mix of casual and ranked games. I actually think f2p is a lot more fun as you can play around with different types of cards as you get them instead of just net decking the most viable deck. Also the way/order in which you play cards is really important, as a F2P with just the base deck you will trash many net deckers who don't really know what they are doing.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    I still short succubus for monster deck I want.

Started playing consume, bit of weather shortly before closed beta ended, swapped to more harpy/golem with weather and full weather basically early open beta. Right now I made the full circle and I am back to consume decks.
    And even if, it started before they got married.

needs more longshits tbh