Page 77 of 99 FirstFirst ... 27677475767778798087 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1975

Thread: Low Sec Empire

ccp dont tend to draw for the techno
    a shining beacon of quality posting in a sea of awful posting

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grarr Dexx View Post
    Fits only with perfect skills, genolution and 6% cpu. Awesome fit tho.
    4% works w/genolution. I think 5% is cheaper tho due to :lolconcordlp:

EDIT: Very nice vid. AHACs don't pack nearly enough EHP to take on anything that can actually put dps on them (much less sleipnirs which can shoot their hole AND do a pile of dps). Very, very nice. Also, GRR die phobos die!
    Last edited by LordsServant; May 8 2013 at 08:56:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackbot
    The us is already governed by a 'soft tot.

Little bit of a welp this evening: http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?brid=18462

Will do a write up tomorrow...we made a number of mistakes but it was a learning experience.

I thought BOS was in PL?

Hasn't been for a little over a year now. BOS has been leading Space Violence, a squad within GSF/CFC that focuses on small gang PVP and bases out of Syndicate when not at war/deployed.

Goes to show how much I keep up with that shit then.

I find it hilarious that SC just pwnt an AHAC gang with sleips....then goons try to do the same thing...to the same people.

Except ofc goons being goons, they lose 8b+ to a single t3 kill.

If BOS is focusing on small gang pvp and trying to do stuff not in a blob/being usual hypocritical goons....mad props. Takes some balls to try that stuff given the culture.

So when are you following elitist ops(the last goon corp to do this) to PL? =D

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post

It's like you don't know who BOS is~~

Spoiler:
    or anything for that matter
    Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant
    I know all about botting because I know all about almost everything in eve.

I find it hilarious that SC just pwnt an AHAC gang with sleips....then goons try to do the same thing...to the same people.

If BOS is focusing on small gang pvp and trying to do stuff not in a blob/being usual hypocritical goons....mad props. Takes some balls to try that stuff given the culture.

The culture is definitely a hurdle we've been trying to overcome, and for the most part, succeeding with a bit of resistance. Like I said though, it was learning experience for everyone on our side. Getting late, full report tomorrow!

I hope you are trolling

(5:21:08 PM) Bacchanalian: I think we just recruited someone to adversity
    (5:21:14 PM) Bacchanalian: in the mafia recruitment thread
    (5:21:16 PM) ruri: op fucking success

Quote Originally Posted by nonsciolist View Post

The culture is definitely a hurdle we've been trying to overcome, and for the most part, succeeding with a bit of resistance. Like I said though, it was learning experience for everyone on our side. Getting late, full report tomorrow!
    Plus you can make fun of everyone for not being as awesome as you because everyone knows small/mid size gangs are where it's at.

I don't personally know much about bos, but I know kiatolon is in the Corp. If it's still suas' char, then they're ok in my book.

Waaaay back I used to respect goons for their no fucks attitude and ofc suas made awesome songs. Then suas got kicked from goons for basically refusing to screw a guy out of a Titan (he stole the Titan back for the guy) and that was when I started losing respect for goons.

If suas is back (I heard kiatolon mightve been sold tho) then it's big ups from me tbh. I know bos loses a lot of ratting carriers to voc (like groups of 3-4 erry other week it seems) but if it's suas, he's got much more ++ IMO.

I'm sounding too positive of goons tho and this is bringing back too many bitter vet memories, gonna stop now.

To be fair to the goons PL would have gotten like 1 kill if it wasn't for Desynchs

I don't personally know much about bos, but I know kiatolon is in the Corp. If it's still suas' char, then they're ok in my book.

Waaaay back I used to respect goons for their no fucks attitude and ofc suas made awesome songs. Then suas got kicked from goons for basically refusing to screw a guy out of a Titan (he stole the Titan back for the guy) and that was when I started losing respect for goons.

If suas is back (I heard kiatolon mightve been sold tho) then it's big ups from me tbh. I know bos loses a lot of ratting carriers to voc (like groups of 3-4 erry other week it seems) but if it's suas, he's got much more ++ IMO.

I'm sounding too positive of goons tho and this is bringing back too many bitter vet memories, gonna stop now.
    BOS has been around since eve started and were original members of PL. That's why your statement makes you retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Orar Ironfist View Post

BOS has been around since eve started and were original members of PL. That's why your statement makes you retarded.

Kiatolon still belongs to SUAS, after being out of the game a while he came back to BOS as CEO and took the corp out of PL. Those carrier losses are usually him trying to solo gangs when he gets caught while ratting from work.

and here's the battle report:

Since most of syndicate refuse to engage any bait we send out, we decide to do something a bit different and sent them to lowsec instead. The bait gang consisted of 3 remote repping rattlesnakes, a lachesis & a dramiel. Upon arriving in Ostingele, there wasn't an awful lot going on, so we had them set up on a gate and wait. Sure enough, it didn't take long for Shadow Cartel to appear. First a few ahacs & tech3s appeared and their numbers slowly grew. Once the rattlesnakes' reps weren't enough to hold each other up, we bridged in sleipnirs & suas asked for one triage to come in (two came in). Unfortunately, we didn't save Kulat. We grabbed what we could & started engaging. SC pretty quickly burnt away, we stopped chasing just before they pulled us out of carrier rep range. Our vulture had burnt too far, and they started bumping him to keep him from repproaching the reps. Our basilisks & scimis were enough to keep them alive, but we couldn't go up and save him without going out of rep range. We had a frig burn behind them & had everyone align up preparing for to warp up. Carriers out of triage and up we went, SC backed off the vulture. They kept range while holding keeping our carriers pointed, we started looking at an exit strategy. Both of our carriers had forgotten to bring stabs, so we had someone quickly hop next door to pick up a stac. By the time we were starting to refit and had subcaps reengage to get some of the points off, dreads were landing and a PL nyx jumped in. The PL nyx made us a bit wary of trying to escalate any further, SC/DnD/Invicta's numbers weren't overwhelming but we'd been on field for too long at this point. If we'd brought in enough carriers to tank, PL would almost certainly have appeared in force. As many subcaps warped away as possible while the carriers went down.

The biggest mistake was the vulture getting tackled. If we hadn't gone up to save him, SC might not have stuck around for as long as they did. Bringing in two carriers when only one was needed, was unnecessary, though the option to refit was nice...if we'd had stabs ready. Though this wasn't a huge issue as they'd been spreading 4+ points on each of carrier. Our huginn had also logged for the night and noone had reshipped, which was pretty crucial for holding stuff down while sleips got ontop.

Overall, it was a fun evening. Better than hotdropping the odd idiot who decides to engage our bait in syndicate I think.

My already high opinion of sc is getting even higher .
    Your hate is my pride!

It's a shame that we had to call Invicta./DnD

But I think that when lowsec entities step together to fight nullsec people it doesnt count as blob :P

It wasn't even a blob: http://dog-net.org/brdoc/?brid=18462

We outnumbered you, escalated too fast and make a ton of mistakes. The second we brought in triage I think you started looking for a gank rather than a fight, which was the right thing to do.

Welps offer the best opportunity for learning and improving, so, thanks.

Good news! CSM duties haven't prevented me from flying in space(tm) yet. And when Rote's premiere FC called for a Gnosis fleet, I knew I wasn't going to miss it. The call was for armor Gnosis with four slot tank and trimarks. Looking at the anemic speed of these things, I fit mine with HAMs and e-war, figuring Javelins would give me some much-needed projection. An alt with a carrier delivered it to TXW-EI and I undocked to move mods around and get a feel for the thing... INCREDIBLY slow was my initial impression.

As I'm playing around with it, a two-person CAS group lands on our station, 41km from the undock: Arbitrator and Prophecy. I duly report 'em on intel and head for the Arbitrator. The Gnosis is not only slow, it accelerates like a dreadnought. It takes me almost 40 seconds to cross the 16km that I need to engage him. He TDs me and I decide he has no tackle. Local starts filling up with more CAS but I figure I can blap the Arbitrator, keep distance from the Prophecy, and warp off before the gang arrives. That was the plan, anyway.

Nope. The Prophecy OUTRUNS and tackles me. Did I mention the Gnosis is slow? Turns like a dreadnought, too. I have about 35 seconds of aggression and I'm still on station, so just for fun I undock the carrier that just delivered my Gnosis and start applying capital reps... which the CAS fleet is able to overwhelm with no problem, and my first Gnosis dies with 10 seconds left on the PvP clock. So they're slow, can't accelerate, can't turn, and can't take reps worth a damn. Total time of ownership of my first Gnosis? Literally 60 seconds. Sigh. At least I hadn't fit my expensive ANP to the thing yet.
    http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard...l&kll_id=85252

Just as the FC arrives for the evening, a small Sadistica gang arrives in system. "Undock in T1 armor cruisers," we're told, "or get in your Gnosis if you don't have a T1 armor cruiser." We do this but despite being about equal size and offering them expensive toys to blow up, Sadistica doesn't want to engage. They flee this way and that trying to avoid the fight and we catch some stragglers: two Thoraxes, a Rupture, a Maller, and a Flycatcher. First blood for the Rote Gnosises, but not for me since I'm in an Omen for that fight.
    http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard...d&kll_id=85267

We turn around to form up but the Sadistica survivors tell us there's an EVE University shield cruiser fleet one more jump further out. Guess the Sadistica guys felt like they'd get caught between us and that's why they didn't want to fight. So the Gnosises go in to try to bait the E-UNI group but the Unistas won't be baited. The Gnosises catch a few of them; the rest run away. Three more T1 cruisers down.
    http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard...d&kll_id=85260

Back to TXW we go and get formed up. I borrow a second Gnosis. We get word from an outlying scout that there's a Gents fleet near Oulley but we can't pin that down. However there's also a Mega/Navy Mega/Cane group camping the station undock in Oulley itself so we decide to bait them with a cyno Orca. Get our Gnosis fleet set up on a titan, the baiting goes off without a hitch, and we do for the Navy Mega before he can de-aggress and for the Hurricane who burns off the undock. The Mega gets docked in time. The tears from the Navy Mega pilot at getting dropped and blobbed are entertaining.
    http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard...d&kll_id=85280

Since our fleet is now in Oulley that means we don't have to come into Placid through our normal doorway via Alperaute and we have the option of going into Ostingele by the back door and have a go at the gate-campers there. We only get a couple of jumps in that direction though before we cross paths again withe CAS fleet that popped my first Gnosis. They outnumber us a bit and they're very hip to get more nifty Gnosis kills. What they're not hip to do is concentrate DPS. We have a couple of logi and also jump in one triage carrier and he has no problem keeping our ships up against the fragmented CAS DPS. We inflict sweet sweet revenge for my first poor Gnosis, taking down 15 of them for no losses.
    http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard...d&kll_id=85287

Gnosises are slow, can't accelerate, can't turn, and have a hard time tackling... but people can't resist trying to shoot at them. Good to know!

Scout reports nothing doing in Ostingele so we turn left into Black Rise where we get word of a GalFed T1 cruiser fleet. We eventually track them down to find that they outnumber us slightly and are heavily green and blaster-fit. The GalFed guys are much more satisfactory about concentrating their heavier DPS on targets. We start by killing or using damps to isolate about half their logi, then start working on Thoraxes and Vexors. Meanwhile, they kill two of our Gnosises. Two slots for resists just aren't cutting it, and these things have no buffer. Oh well. We eventually knock down ten of them and they deaggress. Overall, a fun, ISK-even engagement!
    http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard...d&kll_id=85296

Again, the Gnosises are definitely quite good at one thing: getting people to start shooting at them. After GalFed scatters, we pick up three more kills popping their stragglers.
    http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard...d&kll_id=85303

From there, over to Old Man Star and a group of Soul Takers Redeemers on the 8-1 station undock. We send in the Gnosises alone and aggress to let them know we'll be happy to fight. The Redeemers dock up and are replaced by a small battleship group, who aggress under reps from a pair of Augurors. Our Gnosises are damp-fit and we hit one of the Augurors with about 15 or so damps lowering his lock range to a few dozen meters. ;-) Then we crush the other Augoror while the rest of our fleet jumps in. The local spike causes the Soul Takers battleships to deaggress and dock back up. We tease them about at least staying aggressed long enough to get a sweet Gnosis kill next time, then head for home without further incident.
    http://www.rotekapelle.com/killboard...l&kll_id=85311

Ripard Plays This Game(tm). No doubt I am slacking in my CSM duties. ;-) But quite a fun evening! gf to everyone who gave us a fight last night!
    Last edited by Jester; May 9 2013 at 09:34:39 PM.
    Ripard Teg (among others), Rote Kapelle
    Jester's Trek, wherein I ramble about EVE Online, gaming, and geek culture.